You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dark Vail During A Funeral

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Vail During A Funeral

 

My friend's uncle passed away few weeks ago. I went back to Brazil for his funeral since he was one of the helpers who introduced me to my grandmother's tribe. No, not a person from the tribe but something like a tour guide?

If it is not for him, I would never have met the same tribe my grandmother was in. For people who did not understand that my grandmother is a native tribe in Brazil called, Tapirapé. They are very mysterious and not too open minded, which means they rarely communicate with outsiders.

Right, so my friend's uncle was like a middle person, who gave me a chance to get contact with those people. (I do not think I became a friend to the tribe but some of the elders still remembered my grandmother).

During the funeral of my friend's uncle, in the air of sadness, I looked in the casket to say my final goodbye.

I could not look in to his face directly because I was afraid I will burst out crying. As I looked up and reached his face I thought I see a black vail on his face. I wondered if anyone would hide the dead man's face with a black vail... Normally not, right?

I looking again from the corner of my eye but saw no vail. I whispered to my sister "Viste o véu no seu rosto?" (Did I you see the vail on his face?)

My sister did a oh no not again expression and shushed me pointing her index finger to her lips. (yes, she had became very skeptical against paranormal stuff... I wonder if something happened)

I heard stories and experiences like that usually at active spots with tragic stories... Did my friend's family uncle want to hide his face to prevent me from bursting tears all over?

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+1
3 months ago (2024-01-30)
Thank you for commenting CrimsonTopaz!
Sorry for the confusion... Hope my correction will help 😐
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-30)
Sorry, it seems that my comment had made everyone confused here... Let me correct please...

I have not spoken to anyone else since my friend's uncle's death was so sudden and everyone was not in "the mood to communicate" 😕
Well, I was going to ask my friends's aunt about it but... You know timing

This is what I wanted to type... Really sorry 😕
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+1
3 months ago (2024-01-28)
Blosomes, I'm with Lovely Lady G. You mentioned asking your Aunt and said since your uncle's death. It gets tricky trying understand who's who. All that aside, it's pretty much time to face the veil and know it can't hurt you.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+4
3 months ago (2024-01-26)
Hi Tweet!
Thanks for that, I was going to remain myself, so it's ok 😊
I love to read all kinds of comments, except those meaningless ones seen in other people's story, I am glad it had not happen to me yet 🙄
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+6
3 months ago (2024-01-26)
Hi Roy,

Sorry you're having a bad time, and it's ok to be emotional. I had a similar experience to yours when my cat passed away. I don't know if it's related or what it would mean, but it's interesting that it happened all the same. Anyway don't feel bad for feeling strong emotions, nothing wrong with that.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+4
3 months ago (2024-01-24)
Lady-glow
Oh, I did not realize that...
Sorry for the confusion... I meant there my friend's uncle...

You know, sometime not only people bonded with blood worth to cry for... May be I am just a very emotional person... I even cried during a street cleaner (city cops?) 's open funeral in Brazil few years ago...
Maybe too local? There were a street gang gun fight and the "street cleaner" got shot... I wonder why that had not been a big news like any other gun shot, gun kill cases... It was really sad...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-24)
Hi Roy.

I wonder what's the outlook these people have about mourning and grieving at funerals, specially for men and/or people not related to the deceased person.

I got confused about your relationship to this man, first you say:

"My friend's uncle passed away"
"my friend's uncle was like a middle person"

But in your comment is "my uncle's death was so sudden"

So, was he your uncle or your friend's uncle?

Regardless of the answer, this is a puzzling experience.

Thanks for sharing.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+3
3 months ago (2024-01-23)
Hey Rajine!
I have not spoken to anyone else since my uncle's death was so sudden and everyone was not in "the mood to communicate" 😕
Well, I was going to ask my aunt about it but... You know timing
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
3 months ago (2024-01-23)
Hi blosomes

I'm not sure about the tradition of your grandmother's tribe, but I do know certain cultures do put a shroud over the deceased face or even cover the whole body in a white funeral shroud, but perhaps this particular incident has another meaning.

You asked your sister about it, did she give you a answer? And have you spoken to anyone else about it as well?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: