You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Can See You

Real Ghost Stories

I Can See You

 

I have never believed in ghosts. I've always been skeptical. I've read about sleep paralysis causing all sorts of weird things, and think that some people make things up. My story isn't flashy, it doesn't involve moving objects or ghostly figures. But something happened to me the other night that has made me believe.

I'm an intelligent person, and I know what I experienced was unlike anything I've ever heard before. It cannot be explained by any external factor, or by any sleep paralysis because I wasn't asleep. Could it be my mind? Possibly. But I would have thought I'd have had something like this before should that be the case.

At 1:00 am, I finished working on my computer. I went to bed switching the lights off on the way. 30 seconds after getting into bed and closing my eyes, I started hearing some strange noises. I was hearing whooshing, roaring and clattering noises. Then out of nowhere, I heard someone whisper in a malicious sort of tone something like "I can see you" or "I know you're there" followed by an almighty whoosh in my right ear that was really intensely loud I almost felt it. I was freaked out and did not want to open my eyes. So without further ado, I quickly prayed and prayed earnestly to God in the name of Jesus Christ and the experience soon died off. I was safe again.

A few days later, I related this story to my sister who, two weeks ago (in a different house), said she heard someone whisper to her "What are you doing", but no one said a thing.

Just today, my niece has told her that she has heard childish laughter and even saw a gray shadow of what she described was a man in one of the rooms.

I am convinced now that there are ghosts. That being the case, there is an afterlife, and there is a God.

Does this story make any sense to anybody?

Thanks

Simon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Jitow (362 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Lets stop arguing religion for the sake of those who desperately need help here. The poster clearly stated, I prayed to Jesus Christ and it ended, just like hundreds of other testaments in the archives of this site. This stuff is real. For people in need it is shameful that people will come on here and speculate and argue because it was not your religion that saved the poster. We should never mislead or confuse someone that needs help that is proven to work. There are many hundreds of post in the archives of this site proving the same solution, calling out to Jesus Christ works. Maybe it is because people don't understand who Jesus Christ is and actually what He did for all of us or maybe it is just the other side working against Him trying to confuse and mislead people that His power is not sufficient. If your religion works, I am glad for you, the proof here in this site's archives is compelling that Jesus Christ is a powerful force against evil. I challenge you to read all the post on this website. I have, and if you do not come up with the same conclusion, please let me know. People come on here daily and tell how Christ saved them from evil and torment. I am truly sorry but I do not see where anything else compares based on the evidence put forth on this site and others like it. I am not bashing anyone's religion or even the lack there of, or practice or whatever. In a nutshell these people need a solution that works and that works now. The poster went directly for Christ and it works and I guarantee if it happens again the poster will do the same. This stuff is like a doctor telling you that you have a terminal disease, we have the medication that will cure it but we are not going to give it to you because the other drug companies will be offended. That is rediculous. If you are not sure that your religion can help these folks, don't mention it and don't tear down something else that works for these people because it does not fit your beliefs. I have heard stories and read a few about other things that help, but no first hand testimony and I am sure I may get one or two as a response to this but not hundreds and thousands. I have been around this site for over 4 years, when researched, Christ has proved true in every case that He was called upon. I am not bull headed. If you can find me more than one or two post on this site with different evidence then I will listen. Lots of people that post here are not doing it for your pleasure and entertainment. They have googled the subject and come here for the soul purpose of finding solutions from people who have gone through the same thing. Please don't deny them solutions just because it offends you or is different from your belief system. If they are seeking help, they are not looking for our opinion, they are looking for solutions.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
strange I don't actually no! To tell you the truth apart from I heard someone whisper in my ear "cupid" don't no why but I'm not joking!

😕 😕
joebob (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
strang story when I started reading the bits about the noises I thought that it could be fox's they make all types of noises but if you felt it or it was very loud it must be some think but if it is going on with famly members it colud be a famly ghost maby some died and is looking other you or some think along them lines.
aleycat1090 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
looks like you got connections just think if your sister and niece experienced something then there's a reason for it. Just ask the voice what it wants if it replys ask your sister if it did the same thing if it did you got a connection between three ghosts. 😊 😜 😊
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
-2
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
okay, let me say this for the god nut. Who are you to say that god is almighty and not somthing elce, I have lots of opinions that tend to contredict the previouse, like, do you really think we'r so important that nothing happens that there HAS to be an after life? No we'r not get over it. And just because I don't believe in god or the like. Doesn't make me weak in anyway! But beside that. All this god mumbo jumbo made me forget the story, so hold that thought as I scroll back up for a reafresher... Oh yes the whispering. I would have been scared out of my mind, maybe it was just somthing trying to scare you. I don't know though. Maybe it's somthing connected to your entire family?
Simon Dean (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
Ixion,

Thanks for your comments. I actually do look for real physical answers that might explain the situation.

I have seen the idea of Hypnagogia, however that is attributed to "as one is falling asleep". I was not asleep, nor was I falling asleep. I was very much awake, and continued to be awake and mobile all through the experience, which, kind of rules out Sleep Paralysis.

Yes, I suppose there could be some other similar mental issue which caused this thing. I'll never know.

Unfortunately, people do not seem to comprehend or read what I am saying. I was not asleep, nor falling asleep. It was 30 seconds after getting into bed.

And who's to say that the "Hypnagogic" explanation and diagnosis was not made in order to counteract a unpalatable proposition that there are Ghostly apparations?

Cya
Simon
Ixion (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Hi there,

Interesting story. Its funny how the human mind seeks 'otherworldly' explanations to things we can't explain at that moment. It sounds like to me that you had a bout with Hypnagogia, sleep paralysis. I had something similar happen to me, but realized after doing some research that that's what it was. I initially thought I had been visited by some entity, but after reading symptoms, and putting two and two together, that explanation made the most sense. Here's a link to the Wikipedia article dealing with Hypnagogia;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Remember Ockham's Razor, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. And another thing about all this 'praying' and 'god's armor' crap. Would you Jesus Freaks back the hell off please? I don't pray, but I do believe that our souls live on, or at least our consciousness. We won't know it, but our awareness might continue past this life. Where it ends up? I have no idea. If there is a god, he would be (al)mighty pissed in finding out that some of his children were acting in his name, doing awful things. Awful things such as torture, killing, discrimination and exclusion. Christianity might think itself to be the one true religion, but guess who also thinks that their religion is the only true one. The Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and now in more modern times, nearly every major religion. So let's cut that 'through (not thru) prayer everything is possible' BS. Danke

-Ix
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
There are dozens of religions claiming to have "The Truth" all with compelling evidences so let's avoid those rigid filters known as doctrines and stick with what is known about ghosts by experience, not holy books, otherwise, this will never ends. What is important is sharing one's experience. The rest is mostly conjectures and speculation.
Simon Dean (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
Thanks for your posts and thoughts everyone. I feel it's getting too involved with the thoughts of Jesus etc, which, isn't a bad thing, but I'm not sure really appropriate here. Suffice it to say, there have been many odd coincidences in the past, but they're more than just coincidences, it's like there is some kind of interwoven fabric in the universe joining us all together that and we can all interpret whether we realise or not and make decisions based upon these subconcious thoughts.

Whether you call this fate, karma, or even God guiding us to a certain path. I'm not sure. And as for which religion is best? I know Mormonism came to me a few years back when I was at my lowest ebb. A rather odd event that hasn't happened before or since. But I don't agree with many christian religions. They're too formal, or too informal, contradictory, don't give personal responsibility etc... I feel like Joseph Smith described.

Erm, cutting a long story short, back to the quesiton in hand, my experience, ghost or not?

Cheers
Simon
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
Hi Chicano457: When I said that demons go after the weak, I meant those who are weak in their faith or don't believe in God at all... When we know "The Truth" and are foundated in our faith in God, the demons know they can't fool us. We have God's armor on and we're a bigger challenge than they care to face. It's those that don't pray or have any kind of faith in God that are the prime targets. Jesus was able to conquer all through his Faith. When people don't even have that, then yes they are weak. They are not impossible, they are not hopeless, just weak. No one says that you have to be a regular church goer or do extensive Bible reading to fight off demons. Knowing God, praying, and having a relationship with Him is an armor that everyone should wear. I know it's not a sure fire cure to make the demons leave you alone forever but it is the wisest strategy. There are those cases though where Demons have regularly attacked Holy people. My friend knew a woman who was a Nun and said that she was confronted by Satan himself many times in her convent and thrown down stairs and physically assaulted. The Nun was fully foundated yet Satan would appear to her and assault her to break her. Luckily she never did. She never bowed down to him. She stood her ground though totally terrified... Bottom line is you have a much better chance at dealing with a demon if you have a relationship with God as opposed to not believing in Him at all...
chicano457 (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
victoria ...what do you mean demons go after the weak? So if your theory is right JesusChrist was the weakest of us all (humans).i think that you should think this over cause I think you are wrong. He the devil is mankind enemy and his gang of spirits wich will come to us as friendly goshts. I don`t claim to know it all but I have some dealings with demons. So lets get our theories right. By the way dean you did good in praying to God for he is mercyful.
jus (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
Ive also had some one, I think a female whisper my name in my ear waking me up. When I am fully wake the voice keeps calling my name. " Justin, Justin " . It does not scare me, but its odd. After about 3 minutes I Just go back to sleep. It only happens when I sleep over at my cousins house.
VistorG (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
HI,iam a muslim. In our religion we have to believe
in another creation called "jinns".They were created
before us (once the masters of the earth) The why have amazing speeds, they could go upto the heavens(no human knows where that is)gate.They can take any form they want. They are invisible to humans.
They are made from fire. Yes there is an afterlife, where we all have to be accountable.
if any one wants to cah about this matter
email:aalimandalbd [at] gmail.com
Trish (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-17)
Well your story was very interesting, and really made me think about my theories on life/the after life, if you are interested in talking more about this feel free to e-mail me.

Thanx
Trish

thatdamnkool96 [at] yahoo.com
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
Your story makes perfect sense Simon and you were so wise in your prayers to God in the name of Jesus Christ. That truly is the best and "real" way to dismiss these entities. Rebuking is so powerful but as you read the stories on this site, not many people do that. I don't know if they get paralyzed with fear and can't think (that happened to me once) or if their faith just isn't strong... Demons go after the weak and people must realize this and stand up to them with the armor of God (His words). Thru prayer all things are possible. Thanks for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: