You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: He Wanted To See The New Little Darling

Real Ghost Stories

He Wanted To See The New Little Darling

 

In January 2009 my dad was in a very minor car accident. He aspirated from the shock of a teenager hitting the car from behind. Then he passed out. It lead him to go into a coma. At first, he was in and out for a few days then eventually the coma set in and he didn't wake up. Despite there being no brain activity, the times I came into visit him, when he heard my voice, his eyes started to shed tears. I just felt he was trying to wake up to at least say goodbye but just couldn't. He died Mother's day of 2009.

By no means did we have a perfect relationship. He worked a lot. He came home exhausted and irritated. He always said, I wish I could have seen my kids grow up instead of work so much. But, I knew he did love me. He called me, Little Darling.

It was sad when he died but I had a family of my own to take care of so I moved forward as best as I could.

My family was growing and I ended up having a baby girl exactly one year later to his death anniversary. It wasn't planned and especially not for that day... But I always thought it was a weird coincidence. Another, Little Darling. I felt he was smiling down on her when I realized the date.

I always felt bad he didn't get to see her but I still felt they had a connection due to the dates in some way.

A few years later, the last baby of our family was born in 2014. Another girl. After the hubbub of delivery the Doctors left and my family and husband went home. It was a hectic day and I was glad to be alone in peace and quiet. Even the nurses were giving me a much needed break. I was happy to finally grab my last newborn babe and give her a snuggle. Just her and me.

I looked up and there in front of me was the outline of my father in the reflection of a mirror on the other side of the room facing my hospital bed. He was standing in the mirror. It was his height. His build. His head slightly down. I could tell by the outline of his face he was smiling. I'd know my father anywhere. It was him. His features were all hazy and the interior of his body was hard to see but the external shape and outline of his body was there. I just knew he was there to see the last Little Darling.

It lasted about 3 minutes then it faded away. The room seemed a little more somber after that. I said out loud, Goodbye Daddy. I didn't feel l would be seeing him again in this life. I gave my new Little Darling a kiss for him.

Other hauntings by LuciaJacinta

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LuciaJacinta, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

boo_boo_whoo (15 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-21)
I enjoyed reading your story. I used to believe that all ghost encounters were scary but after reading stories like yours I'm starting to think differently. 😆
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-06)
What a touching story. I'm so sorry for your loss. 😢 I lost my mother on Mother's Day as well back in 2012. Our relationship wasn't that great either. I'm glad your dad got to see your last born baby and it seems he wanted you to know. ❤
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-08-30)
Hi there, what a great story. I am currently looking for content for my new paranormal podcast and was wondering if it would be ok with you if I shared your story.
Regards Taintedprincess 😁
Dar77 (10 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
First of all I want to say, sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your touching story, I really enjoyed it and how neat that your Dad was able to stop by to see his granddaughter.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-13)
Lucia - Once again proof that our loved ones aren't gone forever when they pass. So pleased that you had this special experience.

Regards, Melda
tace (37 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-07)
Thank you for sharing your story. I believe we lived before coming to earth to gain a body. I think your dad got to spend time with these granddaughters and did come to see you at this special time. May your family be blessed. ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-07)
Thank you for this wonderful story. I am currently carrying my first and had the urge to find stories on pregnancy and seeing beloved ones. I sign into YGS and there it is. Again, touching and wonderful story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: