You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Confirmation I See Dead People

Real Ghost Stories

Confirmation I See Dead People

 

First off, I'm so happy I found this site!

This happened over 5 years ago when I worked at a Headshop in Tacoma. I worked there for several years and our regulars we became really close to. Tyler (fake name) used to come in once or twice a week. I noticed for the last two weeks he hasn't been in, didn't really think much of it.

The next day he came in for his usual. I asked him where he's been and he told me AZ for his Grandmother's funeral. At that moment in time I see a women standing behind him in full color, just like I see normal people day to day. When I saw that women I thought, "Oh I just made her up in my head. That's what I think his grandma looks like." I cashed him out and then he left. I told my coworker what I thought I just saw... His Grandma. She told me to tell him. I told her no. What if I'm wrong, then I'll look stupid. Plus, if it's real then I'm going to be that "crazy" lady.

A couple weeks have went by and he came back in for his usual. At that moment I was in the bathroom and came out from the back and he was there. My friend Ashley (fake name) word vomits "Erica has something to tell you!" So, I courage up and told him what I saw.

I told him "I think I saw your Grandma standing behind you the other day" He looks puzzled. I said "she had blonde" and he finishes "curly hair?" I confirmed yes. I told him "she was wearing a red shirt" He goes "her favorite color was red" I also told him she had a "gold chain cross necklace" He pulls out his phone and shows me a picture and he says "like this?"

IT WAS HER! IT WAS THE LADY I SAW STANDING BEHIND HIM! SHE WAS STILL WITH HIM!

Of course I screamed, naturally. He turned white as a ghost. We both kind of stood there not knowing what to say or do. I then confirmed to myself I saw a dead person. CLEAR.AS.DAY! As I called it, he never came back. I must of scared him. Little does he know, it scared me more.

Ever since then I have had unexplainable stuff have to me. I will share more on this site later.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ericam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRamsay (guest)
+1
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
Mahanglin, there's a show you might've heard of, "Ghost Adventures." You can probably find the show about that lodge, I'm not sure what year it was done.

After a couple experiences, I got hooked on that show. In my house, we call them "Ghostguys." Kids tease me relentlessly, as I'm a more than middle aged mom/journalist/teacher, usually glued to that or Dead Files. It's a great escape from politics, haha.
Mahanglin (2 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
I had the same experience - I submitted it to this site a few weeks ago, but they haven't posted it yet.

CLEAR AS DAY - Exactly! I walk into the Brookdale Lodge in California, at around 2am, and I see a little girl sitting on the fireplace, blue & white dress, blonde hair tied with a ribbon, just looking down sadly. I was 10 feet away, she was totally real. As I came around the fireplace she disappeared instantly, and there was no way she could have left without passing by me.

Look up "Brookdale Lodge ghost". Her name is "Sarah" and she drowned in the creek that runs the middle of the lodge back in the 50's or something.

Real as real can be, you never would have known it wasn't a real-life person.
ericam (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate all of you:)

When I was younger I had weird unexplainable things happen to me. From having my name called, or having dreams come true. Back then I just played it off. I would tell myself I was crazy, or I would think that it was coincidental.

To be honest, every moment I had freaked me out. Before I became accepting, I pushed any experience/thought in the back, back, back of my mind. I would say the last 2-3 years I am SLOWLY becoming okay with it. Less scared.

As for when Tyler showing me the picture of his grandmother, I did not see her again. We both just froze. I no longer work there anymore, so unfortunately that was my last experience with him. I hope he can look back on it as a warming feeling instead of crazy lady seeing dead people.

I have seen one other person full body, in color. But I don't know who she was or why she was in my house. It was for a quick second.

I will upload more stories.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hello EricaM, Twighlight, and Cuddlebear, AussieGuy, manafon1, and everybody else I've forgotten to wish.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.🎉🎈🎊

EricaM,

I enjoyed your post. Please keep us posted if he returns.

Best wishes,
Miandra
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
EricaM - Welcome to YGS and I look forward to more of your articles. I do have a question. You said the when you Tyler showed you the picture that: SHE WAS STILL WITH HIM

Did you see his grandmother again, at that time? Giving you two sightings.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-03)
Welcome to YGS 😊 I have a question on whether or not this was your first paranormal experience/siting? I see afterwards that you mention having other unexplainable things happen to you, but I'm curious if there was anything before this happened? How you express being freaked out afterwards, and saying that him showing you her photo, confirmed to you that you definitely saw her, makes me believe that this was your first experience 😕 well aside my question, I enjoyed reading your experience, and hope to hear back from you soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: