You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Empty Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Empty Little Girl

 

I've had several strange experiences since childhood and each time I have tried to disreguard it as my own imagination. I was brought up in a family who doesn't believe in anything that isn't visible or basically living. The story that I'm going to tell you have happened most recently and then if anyone wants to hear my previous experiences I'll write them when I have a chance.

My Husband and I bought the house in which we live almost six years ago. At that time we had 2 Daughters ages 4 and 2. When we looked at this house for the first time I had an odd feeling. It was as if the house had absorbed some kind of sadness and loneliness or something. I hope this makes since because it's the only way I can describe the initial feeling that I had. I just discounted it as me being overly sensitive until the owner of the house began telling me her life story. I seem to be the kind of person that everyone wants to tell their entire life history for some reason.

Anyway she began to tell me about her Husband passing away and her problems with depression and so on. I thought it was a little odd that I'd felt this as soon as we'd talked in but figured it was just a coincidence.

Needless to say we bought this house and after we'd moved in I started to notice things. The children's toys would be playing music or something when no one was in the bedrooms. Again, I discounted this to be low batteries or something. I didn't want to believe it could be anything else even though I've experienced these things before.

2 years went by and I gave birth to our son and by that time the girls were both in school during the day. Up until that point little odd things had happened but nothing alarming. My son was about four months old and sleeping in his swing in the living room on this particular day. It was just him and I at home alone and I was using his nap time to catch up on some housework. I turned from the kitchen sink and started to walk through the door into the living room to check on the baby and I saw her.

There was a little girl walking from the hallway into the living room. For one split second it hit me that it was my Daughter but this little girl wasn't. Her hair was darker and she wore a nightgown with something on the front of it. I think it may have been a teddy bear or something.

She turned her face toward me and I was startled. She looked as solid and as real as you or I but her face seemed so strange. I guess it was something about her eyes. She just seemed to be empty if that makes any since.

I turned away and back. She was gone. I was shaken up and went on into the living room to check on my Son. He was sleeping soundly. I tried to tell myself that it was a fluke or something. Maybe I didn't really see her. I'm very self doubting sometimes because I'm always the only person in my family who feels or sees these things.

I put it out of my mind for a few weeks. Then one night I was in the kitchen doing the dishes. My Husband was gone to work, he works third, and I was on the phone with my best friend chatting away and not thinking about anything particular. I stepped back from the sink to grab a towel and felt as if I'd bumped into something. It was strange because it felt like something but like it was very light weight. I turned and she was there. She was so close to me. I was so stunned that I could hardly catch my breath. Again, I turned away and back. She was gone almost as if she'd never been there at all.

After that time I've been up late and heard what sounded to be a child's voice calling "Mommy" and when I go to check my children are sleeping. The voice is also different though. Anyone who's a Mother will understand what I mean. You always know your own child's voice, even if they're in a crowd of others.

I heard a child in the bathroom next door to my bedroom playing early one morning after that. The child was humming and sounded to be happily playing with the things sitting on the bathroom counter. Again it didn't sound like either of my Daughters but I sent my Husband to check because they know that they're not supposed to play in the bathroom. There was no one there. Our children were sleeping soundly. There's no way that one of them could have gone down the hallway and back to her bedroom without us seeing them.

That's when I confided in my Husband and Brother about the little girl. I was reluctant but I felt I had to tell someone. They, of course, were very skeptical and probably still are.

After that I never saw her again but something else. I've seen this only twice. It's totally black. There's no transparently to it at all. It's the size and somewhat shape of the little girl. I've seen it moving very quickly from the kitchen and into the hallway and then once from the living room into the hallway.

I have no idea what this means. Did the little girl get angry that I shared the story of her with others? I am not sure if there's any kind of connection between the two but I feel that there has to be. The black figure only appeared after I no longer saw the little girl. If anyone has any suggestions or advice then please feel free to post it. I'm new at this and am greatly enjoying reading your stories and hope that you will enjoy mine as well.

Other hauntings by CharlotteM

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CharlotteM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jonesblue (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
that little girl was probably bothered that you shared what you saw. Keep things to yourself unless you become extremely frightened, and pray to the lord whenever you can for he will always be there to protect you in your time of need.
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
hmm... Sounds like the little feel like you hate her try telling her she's dead and you are new to seeing ghosts. That might help her realize one her own mother is probably dead and two she needs to cross over.

Hope this helped
~Tora~
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Wish I could adopt a spirit girl lol. My 2 girls came to me years before they were born in 2001 and my 2 girls were born 5 years apart in age. They thought Lilike had sepsis at birth when she was born in June 2003. And Anjeni my youngest was born July 2008 after ttc for so long after a miscarriage on feb 13th 2007. My son came to me in 2004 a week before Lilikes 1st birthday and I ttc him in 2005 and Locke my son was born May 29th 2006 Mr President JFK's birthday and the date my dads nanna whom In named after and my dad adored died on. My dad said his grandson would have the cord wrapped around his neck and he did twice as I had to push him out I had to stop pushing for his dad to cut the cord. Or he would have had oxygen cut off to his brain if pushing with a rapid birth with the cord wrapped arounnd his neck twice. Lilikes birthtime is 2:05pm and Lockes is 5:20pm put 20 in front of 5 and you get 2:05pm. My childrens Grandmother is Judith and is Lilikes middle name and the midwife who delivered Locke and saw the cord wrapped around his neck whilst in rapid labor with my son was named Judith. Stevie planted an apple tree as I went into labor with Locke.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Intriguing story. There is something that bothers me about it though, if you will bear with me. In both instances of seeing (one in physically bumping into) the "little girl", you mention that you "turned away" for a second and then looked back to see the girl gone. Now, I get the feeling that anyone, including myself, on seeing something that extraordinary, would keep their eyes fixed on it. Why did you look away?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Charlotte hello and thank you for sharing this interesting experience with us.

The word "angry" might not be so accurate concerning this little girl's feelings. The sense I personally get from your story is "fear", "hesitation", "sadnees".

This little girl at first appeared in full form to reveal not only her presence but I also get the feeling that she was "curious" about the new family living in her home. Your reaction was to turn away from her twice in disbelief of what you had seen but to a little girl that gesture might have been perceived as "rejection" or "irritation". Try see it from her point of view. She is a little girl that is lost. She wanders around a house looking for her mother God only knows for how long and refuses to go probably because she is afraid that by doing so, she will never see her family again. To her, time and space have a very different "feeling" than what they have for you. She seems to stay there waiting for her mom.

Then you hear her calling out her mother's name which can only point to the despair she must be feeling. She goes from room to room to find them empty or to find strangers living there.

If I were you, if I felt I couldn't handle it well myself, I'll be asking for professional help. Find a psychic, medium someone in your area and get them there to get a reading of the place. The shadow you see is very likely the little girl who sees no reason to materialise any more as she's uncertain of your reaction to her presence.

This child needs someone to address her directly, to encourage her to appear by assuring her that nobody will harm her. She needs to be told that her family has crossed (we don't even know that of course) and that she is expected on the other side.

She needs guidance and support to cross and unless she gets it, she'll be wandering the house for a much longer time.

Keep us posted.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi, That sound so sadley, It make me want to to hold her. But she need to go to the light I know spirits use to be a person in live world and then died and not know he/she died.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Welcome to the site. You sound perfectly rational and compassionate and BELIEVABLE. I don't know why some ghosts smile or laugh while others are empty and void. Usually when it's a "visiting spirit" they have expression. When it's one that is earthbound or stuck, the empty look seems to be the norm. The question is why are they not moving on? What is stopping them? Ignorance of the situation or stubborness despite it? The experts say we are to speak to them as though alive and direct them to their loved ones on the other side. Or to tell them to go to the Light. I'm not even sure there are experts in this field but what have you got to lose but a ghost? Good luck and keep us posted.
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Very chilling story, thank you for sharing it. I agree with DA, I think she may look at you as a mother figure because she doesn't know what happened to her own. Try talking to her outloud, tell her she should cross-over, into the light.

Please keep us updated on any developments

Nick
jonlaarmansmom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I agree with DeviousAngel she may think your scared of her. Your story is amazing and I hope you get the chance to find out who she is and why she is so sad.

JonLaarmansMom
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story! That is really something else. It sounds to me like there is some sort of spirit there, and perhaps she sees you as a mother figure. She may appear as a black shape now because she may be under the impression that she's scared you away. It seems like she's lost to me... I feel so sad for her. I don't know if you feel prepared to deal with her one on one, but if you do, speak out loud to her. Try telling her that it's okay, that you know she's there and that she just scared you a little, but that she isn't alone. Try letting her know that her family is waiting for her, and that she hasn't been abandoned. It seems to me that she feels like her mother has left her all alone. Perhaps it will help her move on.

Warmest blessings to you and yours,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: