You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Scare In The Empty Flat

Real Ghost Stories

A Scare In The Empty Flat

 

So this happened recently on 18 July. I had gone to Lucknow for a meeting and was given the flat my uncle had rented for his residence. I reached there around 5 PM. The flat was an old one but really spacious with big rooms (a 3BHK). I loved the vibe of the place and called my friend, who lived in the city, to hang out with me.

We parted ways around 11 PM and I was all alone now but was really tired with all the traveling so decided to sleep as I have to wake up early. The whole flat was on the 1st floor with big buildings around it with no wind and all windows were closed as well. But I left my door slightly open so I could get some light in the bedroom from the hall.

I don't remember the exact time but I was awakened by a movement in the room. I did not make anything out of it and thought I dreamt something and was lying on the bed with my face towards the door. All of a sudden the door opened forcefully and stopped making a 45-degree angle with the hinge like someone forcefully opened it and stopped. I got scared and sat on the bed and switched open the night lamp on the bedside. I kept looking towards the door but could not make anything out of what just happened. If it was wind the door would not have opened halfway and had been given a full swing (but there was no wind, monsoon hasn't reached there yet and it was hot outside).

I do not know the history of the place and haven't told or asked anyone yet about this incident. But if it was paranormal then it would be difficult for me as I have to frequently visit the city for my business purpose and stay there until I get my own place.

If anyone would help me to understand if they know anything about this.

Other hauntings by Aslipablo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aslipablo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

emilyleee2112 (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-09-11)
The story sent a chill down my spine. Hope to to read more ghost stories. Any suggestions on other ghost websites?
Aslipablo (4 stories) (11 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-27)
Hi Rajine, It was the first time I visited the place, but next month I have to go again and will be staying for 2-3 weeks for some work. I had only one conversation with the caretaker and he hesitatingly admitted it and also said that I should light the incense sticks every day and in front of the deity (kept in a different room) in the evening (a ritual done every day in Hindu homes and temples after sunset). So I guess I will figure out what happened that day and if there is something there I would have to arrange something else. (p.s.- caretaker is employed recently (6-7 months I guess) by my uncle who bought the flat from the previous owner who left from India a long time ago, so he knows less about the place)
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-26)
Hi Aslipablo

You mentioned that you stay in this place whenever you are in the city, has anything like this happened previously? It may be either something followed you or the caretaker is not being open about the place you staying.
Aslipablo (4 stories) (11 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-25)
Hi paranormalinvestigator 19 the reason I asked the caretaker is that I want to cancel out any possibility that I brought an entity with me (read my last experience in this forum) or am susceptible to such things.
ParanormalInvestigator19 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-24)
That would definitely be a type of situation that I feel like could be pretty alarming if not expected when staying somewhere.

One thing I am a little curious about, because I see in your comment that you mentioned the caretaker admitting that he felt a presence there, and wanted to ask if you have felt a presence there yourself while staying there?
Aslipablo (4 stories) (11 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-07-24)
Hi, lady glow, I actually asked the caretaker but he too was baffled by what I saw. Though he hesitatingly admitted that he has felt a presence there and does not stay inside alone at night (which is now kind of scary for me).
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-07-23)
"If anyone would help me to understand if they know anything about this."

Have you asked your uncle if he experienced anything unexplained during the time he lived in the flat?
I think he is more likely to know the answer than any of the members of the forum.

Perhaps you could perform a cleansing/blessing of the place according to your personal beliefs.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: