You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Night Whispers And Violent Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Night Whispers And Violent Dreams

 

It's been about a few weeks since I've had my last paranormal experience, but this last Sunday and Monday night I've had something whisper to me while I was in the state between being awake and asleep.

Sunday night was like any other school night; I went to bed around 10 PM. I usually put my cat Salem outside for the night because he will sit in the hallway and meow for no reason at all. I try to let him out and he doesn't want to, I try to give him food and he doesn't want it. I ask him to come in my room and he refuses. He just sits and meows in the darkness. He's a strange cat, he does this a lot.

Anyways, lately he's been climbing up to the window and scratching and meowing at 3-5 AM for me to let him back inside. I used to get up and let him in, but I can never get back to bed after wards so I decided he could just wait a few more hours until I got up. He did this Sunday night, like usual. I was half asleep and half awake, and I could hear him scratching and meowing for me to let him in, I ignored it and I stayed in the state for about 2 minutes.

While I was in the state, I heard someone clearly say into my ear "I see you in there, I know you're awake." This didn't hit me because I was half asleep still, so it didn't frighten me. When I woke up in the morning I remembered it like it had just happened, it was so clear, which was unusual. Like any other person just leaned over and said it to me, only there was no one around me. I forgot about it the rest of the day.

Monday night came, and it was just like any other school night as well. Bed at 10 PM, asleep by 10:20 something. I had completely forgotten about the night before. I usually wake up in the middle of the night and fall back to sleep anyways, between 1-4 times, just depends. I woke up in the night; it was about 3 AM-ish. I fell back into the state of being awake and asleep, this time Salem wasn't scratching, I'd just woken up and drifted back off. As I was drifting off, something whispered either "Hey" or "Haley" (my name) into my ear. Again it didn't faze me. I remembered in the morning.

I don't feel afraid of these voices at all, probably because I was half asleep. I just can't figure out if it was my cat trying to get me to let him in, or if it was a spirit letting me know they knew I was half awake, or if I'm just insane.

Also, a few weeks ago, I was going to a spare room in the house to see my bunny and I heard someone say "Run" in my ear. This didn't scare me, but I thought my sister said it but she said she didn't say anything at all, and she was in my room which was down the hall, and it sounded like it was right in my ear.

Now, I usually hear someone calling my name, and so does my sister, but it never says much more than that. This was a first for it to say something like a whole sentence.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what should I do?

I also have been waking up sore lately, just random nights and I know that I do not sleep walk. There isn't anything for me to hit my face or body parts on while I'm sleeping either, there's just the wall but I definitely would have woken up if I hit the wall.

I woke up about a week ago and my forehead was sore, not my skull, just the skin... The next day it went down my face to around my nose. I've also woken up with sore spots that turned into bruises later in the day. I don't workout or anything, trust me I've tried to sort this out to a reasonable explanation. Nothing I do could have given me

Bruises. It's odd, I know, trust me. Sometimes I'll even have a dream where I feel the pain and I'm being harmed in the dream, and I'll wake up to being sore in the area where I was hurt in the dream.

I was discussing this with my friend at school the other day and she told me that over summer she woke up and she had a busted lip and bruises on her arms. She doesn't sleep walk either, because I've stayed with her many times and I'm a light sleeper.

Thanks for reading, feel free to give advice.

I thought about recording my room a few nights while I slept to see what goes on.

Other hauntings by hales3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hales3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Whoa! Well I have experienced something like that. I will often be getting ready for school and I'll hear someone call my name. Once it sounded like my dad calling me from upstairs so naturally I went up to see what he wants and he said he hadn't said any thing at all
strange isn't it? ❤
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
intersting. Do you suppose it was your cat telling you that he knew you were not asleep, or was that a spirit that the cat was trying to get to?
sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Not only do spirits communicate while your awake, but they can also get in your dreams. What you could do is put salt all around the four corners of your room and ay a prayer over your bed before you go to sleep. Ask god to protect you from the darkness within your home. Ask that he let the holy ghost run through your home and body like holy water. Praying and turning to god is the best way.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Hi, thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it. The first thing I would say is, "Sleep Paralysis." You might have been really tired or you might have been emotional or something the day before, but if your sister experienced this aswell, then there might be a different explanation. You should try to make some research on your house. Are you still experiencing this? I agree with the people that told you to try to record or videotape your room. You should try to do that aswell. But always remember to not show much fear. I agree with ElectricTNT, these spirits might get bored of what their doing and go for something else. Sorry I don't have much of a helpful explanation, but I would love to hear more about these experiences. =]
hales3 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Thanks guys for the advice!

Well, to answer a few of you, I don't know of any trust worthy "professional" psychics to get in touch with, but I have some abilities that help me to communicate with spirits, and it has never harmed me before or brought on anything that has tried to harm me. Things have been fine since the last incident, lately it's just sudden outbursts of paranormal activity, and then things just get quiet. It's like a pattern, it's really odd. It used to be every night, but I've been less afraid of what it is, and I've noticed changes in the atmosphere.
Sometimes I do feel a little afraid of one of the spirits, like it is angry or wants to scare me. Most of the time it's just hanging around though.

Yes I know cats can sense things, but they've never hissed at whatever spirit it is here, they're usually pretty calm about things. My cats just stare or meow at whatever it is. I can tell whenever there is a spirit close, so this helps me to know if my cat is seeing what I think it is.
rrclife (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Hi,

I would like to share my experience with ghost:-

When I was in my undergraduate, I was stying with my brother in another city. One day when I was sleeping time was 1.00am I suddenly awoke by bumblebee sound like humming sound in my left side ear first after that in right side ear, I was just listening to it and after that sound was just stopped and my
Feet's finger top started vibrating and vibration was slightly rising towards my head and than whole body started vibrating, I started chanting the mantra" om namoh narayana"repeatedly suddenly vibration stopped, then at that time I thought it was may be due to imagination, and as I am science student this stuff was unbelievable for me. As I stopped chanting again same thing started humming sound near right ear than left and afterwards vibration in whole body than I realize something or some other spirit was trying to enter my body. Again I strated chanting and that thing stopped and then I called my brother with loud sound with closed eye my brother turned on light and buned some candle and read "hunumaan Chalisa" after two day we inquired about this incidence from our neighbours they informed us the home owner's wife was dead in her young age, and some another person also seen her in night.

This is the real story and I think ghost do not have the body.

Thanks,

Rakesh Chaudhari
(919867764901)
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
I do not really agree with everyone,
I say this to nearly every story that is like this - Try stay awake and try and close your eyes halfy - you know like when you close your eyes tight but you do that thing where it looks like your eyes are closed but they are halfy open and you can see? -
Do that and the ghost may say again, "I know your awake" Then open your eyes, and admit it saying "Yes - yes I am awake." Then ask it like an interview but like ask it What it wants and like has it been interfering your cat. Ask it the most questionable of all, Did you live here a long time ago and Did it want you to help it. Not to be an idiot but (it) I mean as a ghost is an 'it' right? Right? 😨 😨 😨
jmcgill (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
First of all your cat can sense things that you cannot and although he may seem strange it is definately for a reason. I do not suggest recording anything unless it is with a paranormal group who are trained for this type of thing.

Have your house clensed if possible and wouldn't hurt to see a psyshic who may be able to give you some insight into the haunting.

Do NOT try anything you are not familiar with it can only lead to more disaster and should only be performed by someone who is capable.

Good luck and take care. ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Hi interesting story, you say your sister hears the voice/s as well, whatever it is has made itself known to both you and your sister. I would go with everyone else and record the voices if this is possible, or as for it to leave you both alone, tell it it is not welcome in your home and to leave.

Keep us posted.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Recording isn't a bad idea, and what you describe is quite common. I get many requests for information on this exact subject (at my website). It's quite possible you are going through restless nights, and are not aware of the body moving. Teeth clenching can cause sore jaws and I have seen bruising from this. Rigidity in the muscles, and sleeping in one position can create injuries from this behavior. Alhough you are not smacking into the wall, maybe you are pressing into the wall. This can cause bruising. Waking btwn 3 am and 4 am concerns me, but we won't go into this right now. The best sleep is habitual. Bedtime at same time is good for the body and Soul. Not eating or drinking after 6:30pm, and of course, no smoke or drugs. Getting enough exercise, and filling your mind with positive information before bed (a good book, a funny movie, etc...laughter...) will create a well rested person... Get back to me on this... Would like more information. Blessings, Ghostseer
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Hi Haley

That is very interesting. I think you are doing the right thing by not showing fear. If it is a spirit, and it can't cause fear in you, sooner or later it will become bored and stop or try something different.

If you have a video camera, you might want to aim it at your bed and video tape through out the night to see what might be happening to you to cause you to become sore.
Curious (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
When you heard the voices, was it like a physical voice you heard? Was the ghost projecting your name to you and you perhaps heard it more strongly, maybe because your sensitive to it now?
Always looking for answers, if you have any theories about what ghosts are, stories or comments, visit my blog at:
Http://haveyoueverseenaghost.blogspot.com/
clueless (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
I don't know if this may help for you, but it has worked for some people in my culture. Try breaking off a piece of a peach tree branch and hang it on the wall near the head of your bed. It technically is suppose to work like a dream catcher and also wards off anything within it's surrounding. Hopefully it may help you in obtaining peaceful, undisturbed sleep.
Sweet dreams!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi, Wow I have some same Problem When I sleep and dreams then wake up and I seen bruise all over me.
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I agree you are probably hitting yourself. I used to and actually still do wake up with some pretty massive bruises on my arm. Recording might not be a bad idea, just make sure you have something figured out for a light source so you can see what you have recorded.
jonlaarmansmom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Recording is a very good idea, at least it will solve the issues of where the bruises are coming from.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I agree and I think you might want to try recording your room to see what happens. It sounds like Salem might be trying to protect you. Cats are strange like that... But they are VERY sensitive. The only thing I can say about the bruises is that you're possibly hitting yourself in your sleep. Recording also might help you find out what's causing your bruises.

Keep us posted!

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: