You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Farmhouse Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Farmhouse Shadow

 

I have not really had much contact with the spirit world until I moved into an old farm house in Scottsville, Ky. Everyone told me before I moved in that there was something wrong with the house and that everyone who lived their had reported strange happenings of seeing A black like shadow lurking around in the house and when you slept it would touch you.

I shrugged it off as nothing until one night I was lying in bed and I felt something twitching in my hair. I thought it was just a moth that flew in because I had the window open as it was a hot summer's night.

I swatted at my hair and my hand was immediately slapped. I woke up and thought I was having a nightmare. I went to the bathroom and sure enough it appeared right before my eyes and floated right in front of me after maybe about thirty second's it went into the wall.

It would annoy the crap out of me by taking the form of my sister's cat who would try to jump on my direct TV receiver because it knew the cat annoyed me. I thought it would stop once I left that house but it has followed me to the house I live in now that is new. I just don't know what to do anymore.

If anyone is or has had any experiences such as this, could you give me some advice on how to make it leave.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, willie75, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

arndell (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
My name is Daniel Arndell. I'M the founder of Scottsville Ghost Hunters.if
You would like my team and I do a investigat your place we would. We done 3
House already and found good stuff. Just give me a email back and Billy
Arndell co founder and my self will come a talk to you in person. And get
All the information. Emial me at arndell85 [at] gmail.com Thanks daniel SGH
Rramsmate (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
I would love to meet your entity. Send it away to visit new people. It sounds like an entity that is quite safe to have around.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
If it looks like your sisters cat and is following you I would kick the hell out of it. Seriously, the next time you see the cat, I mean kick the HELL out of it. But heres the deal, if its the real cat dont. If you kick the hell out of the real cat you will likely kill it. The key to this is only kicking the hell out of the ghost cat. Once you have yell at it. Yell at it strong and hard, "Hey you! You want some!? You want some of this!? Come get some! No!? You don't want some!? Well why not!?" Anyway you get the idea. Just kick the hell out of it and yell at it. After a while it won't want to have anything to do with you. Let me know how it goes but this should do the trick.
willie75 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
There was A past at that house, A little girl was suposedly killed there years ago. I knew the storys about past renters of the house had the same experiance but as I said in the story I didn't believe them until I moved in. I don't recall taking anything from the house that I can remember but I may have. I have always heard wearing silver sometimes wards off things that are impure, I have tryed wearing silver and it seams to work a little
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Always makes me wonder about ghosts that can slap. Guess if they can push, pull, lift and move objects it's not beyond their abilities to punch, kick or slap as well. Some are also into hair pulling. Are these the more seasoned ghosts that have honed their ability to create a physical response? Like in the movie Ghost he had to learn to do the physical things with his mind. I don't know. Many explanations out there.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Did you have any kind of paranormal experiences before you moved into the old house? When you moved to your new house did you bring something that you found in the old house with you? How long after you moved into the old house did the experiences start? Did you research the old house/property? If so what did you find? I hope everything calms down for you. God bless.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
You need to tell it to leave. Take the power back. Some of these types of entities can manifest strength from our fear and-or frustration.

Try saying a prayer and telling this thing to leave in the name of the Lord. Place a cross in each of the rooms of your home, especially the bedrooms. It has been my experience a lot more activity will occur at night because in our sleep is when we are most vulnerable.

If this advice does not fit with your religious beliefs, I would suggest to receive spritual guidance from someone you trust.

God Bless!
willie75 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you for the help, I don't really know why it's attached to me, unless it could be one of my friends or relatives that passed. But I will try what you suggested and see if that works. Thanks again and I will keep you all updated on this.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience. I would suggest a personal aura cleansing (look around the internet, there's a lot of information on this). If you don't believe in spiritual things like that, you can try having your house cleansed or blessed by whichever religion you relate to. It sounds like it's more attached to you than it is where you live, though. Please keep us updated!

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: