You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is This A Poltergist

Real Ghost Stories

Is This A Poltergist

 

My past two stories have been around five years ago this one is about three years ago. As you can infer from the last sentence this experience happened at the time of 2006. (This story is not in chronological order).

One weekend day as usual I was playing my video games, downstairs, I had just booted my games, when I was looking at a black screen and I was looking in the reflection, suddenly a hairless thing went by a window and made a face I was freaked out because there was no one home except me.

My next experience also happened just as I was starting up my games again I was home alone, but this time instead of a weekend it was right after school. A few minutes after getting downstairs I herd something running down the stairs I thought for a second that is was my mom, but I remembered she was at my grandparent's house. I decided to take a look into the room but to my shock there was no one there.

My last two experiences were downstairs when I was playing video games, but this next occurrence happened in my room. It was a nice sunny weekend day when I was awake in bed everyone in the house was sleeping except me when suddenly; from right in front of me not even a foot I heard a voice say my name. Strangely I heard the same voice a few more times. I can't compare it to any of my families' voices.

Thank you for reading my story and thank you for all the comments.

Other hauntings by ghostboy001

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostboy001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SweetMilkbubbz (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Ohhh the bit about something running down stairs, it happened to be yesterday, I had my friend round I was in my room she was downstairs on my laptop while I was putting make-up on, I heard something run upstairs and I was going to suprise her but nothing was there, and after a few minutes we done ouija board and it moved, we legged it downstairs and when we went back up the cup was rolling around the ouija board so I stayed over her house for the night 😕
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
There could be no connection to the events that occured but who knows I've never hered of that happening. And miscarrages can happen easily the youger you are.
alexakae19 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
I believe in what you say. I had something similar happen to me but I pretty much know it wasn't a poltergist. I didn't see anything, but I was laying in bed and I was 17 and pregnant. I was stressed about telling my mom when I felt the breath and heard a woman's voice say "don't be scared." The next week I had a miscarriage.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Demon killer the only problem with your theory is it was hair less and I don't think it was that tall. But it was a reflection remeber that
milla4life (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Hey, man the part about you saw something while playing video games. Yeah it happened to me!
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
Umm... The creature first of all sounds like the el chupacabra and the voices must be some ghosts trying to communicate.
Love
Demonkiller
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
I tried to e-mail you alimae but I can't there is an error with your e-mail adreass on your profile page. 😢
alimae920 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
It probally was a spirt. Email me sometime. I have something I would like to talk to you about. ❤ 😨 ❤
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Yes it was in the basement and I do know poltergists can throw thing across the room and do more than I expeirenced but I never said they could not.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Thank's for sharing your experience. Poltergiests can do more than just make noises, they can also move thing's around. I just wanted to ask, "When you were playing video games downstairs, was that in the basement?" =]
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I was awake you can't tell me I wasn't I had been awake for some I have a habbit of staying in bed thinking about whatever comes to mind.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Have to agree again with kuehnau. Also sometimes one thinks they are fully awake when they are not. Also when one is using the computer and then hits a blank spot you may be getting residual retinal images as well as mental images from a brain that is still processing what you were doing a few minutes earlier.
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
I have to say, I have not seen with my eyes. But I have experienced the hearing my name being called, and tapes on the shoulder. Turn around and no one there... ❤
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
what was so evil about it it was just running down stairs and my name being said. The only history to this house is the man that had the house built and my parents who still own the house.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
I have had to many family members pass away.
I never jumped to the conclusion of a spirit I always keep my mind open to explain what I have experireced I now a lot about paranormal activity and how to disprove it.
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Poltergeists usually have a tendency to do more then make sounds or say your name. They move things, throw things, that sort of thing, they tend to be more powerful then your average spirit.

Do not jump to the conclusion of spirits in your home right away, this is only going to make it harder on you overall if you are not comfortable with the idea to begin with. Try to reason things out before coming to the conclusion that it is a ghost.

The reflection in the TV could have been any number of things. I know from my own personal experience that trying to judge what something is, from the reflection of a TV or monitor isn't the best way to see things. Not only is it hard to see, but there is a huge chance for image matrixing. Image matrixing is when your brain will recognize is image in a pattern of some sorts and associate it with that. Image matrixing can be as simple as comparing clouds to things you know, seeing faces in grains of wooden objects, or seeing spirits in tarnished mirrors. Try to not let your eyes fool you.

Sounds are another hard thing to follow. Investigate to where the sounds can be coming from and try your best to distinguish what sounds really are. Sounds are rather complex and are not always what you may thing they are.

Finally, in the end, if it really is a spirit. It doesn't sound trouble making in the least, if it knows your name, it may even know you some how. Have you had any family members who have passed away in the past? If the activity is making you uncomfortable, try to just verbally ask it to stop because you don't like it. In a lot of cases, the spirit will do as you ask.

Dead or alive, we all have to live together.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
I would like to know what it is I think it is a trouble making entity but I would like you people to tell what you think it is. Future noises to come.
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Nah... It is definitely not a "POLTERGEIST" because they're recoganized with rapping and creation of disorderness, a spirit believed to throw things here and there, lifts and hyper activities etc. So, definitely not a poltergeist 😁
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
some entitys feed from electricity and that may have gave it some strenght but that system is now broken and I have used to differnt systems and nothing has happened for about 2 years.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
well this entity seems to like your video games. Sounds silly but iv heard electrical appliances and things can set of strange frequencies giving them power... Sounds bizare I can't validate it but its still a theory
Very creepy though, perhaps set up some sort of recording equipment for next time you play your games?
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
No it was a grey thing it looked creepy I don't know what it would be and I don't no were to start on the reserch.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
It is odd but the thing in the window I think is unrelated to the "poltergist" if you can call it that I just wanted to inclued it in my story
Kira (7 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
A poltergist is just an entity. It has no full shape and it can't make noises. But intrestingly enough. There seems to be a link between your game and that thing...
tips_leadinvestigator (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Well it must be a spirit then. I can't think of any other explanation. I would love to hear in the future if you have any other experiences.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
No pets no living thing in the house exept me and bacteria. The running was so rapid and loud. It would have to have been a human or a large animal.
tips_leadinvestigator (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Do you have any pets? That could explain the noise on the stairs.

I don't know about the other two incidences. That could actually be paranormal activity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: