You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Death Of My Grandpa And His Rocking Chair

Real Ghost Stories

The Death Of My Grandpa And His Rocking Chair

 

I'm Ryan and I'm new here, I just want to share my story about my grandpa who died 12th October 2008, he is my mothers father.

We live in Iloilo, when the day that my Lolo (grandpa) died strange things happened to our house especially the rocking chair and the sweet fragrance of dama de noche. My grandpa was placed in the chapel after he died of aneurysm, the chapel is big and has stairs and many rooms and it also have free Wi-Fi connection, the chapel had a SWEET fragrance of DAMA DE NOCHE and other flowers when he was buried in the cemetery (October 18 2008),

Before my grandpa died he took care of my younger brother Rynzo. Rynzo is my 1 year old brother and my Lolo loved him very much. That night his heart ached and mom said that he needed to be taken into hospital but it was too late. He died at exactly 10:00pm. My brother Rynzo did not sleep the next day, he did not sleep until 9:00am that night. He fell asleep exactly the same time by Lolo died 10:00pm, sounds weird...

The next when my Lolo was buried in the cemetery, late at night we are watching TV. It was late 11:30 pm when my brother said he just smelt a perfume and the perfume smelt familiar. It was the sweet fragrance of Dama de noche. He was shocked and a cold wind just hit him. Later we smelt it. My mother said it is just warning from our Lolo to sleep early at night.

My Lolo has a rocking chair and it was placed out side of our house. The rocking chair is very old. We could see it strangely rocking late at night especially at 10:00pm. We are all terrified when we hear that noise. Sometimes I could sit in the rocking chair and the chair gets really cold and I feel comfortable to sleep in it. Later this particular night I was in a deep slumber when I heard the chair rocking. There were no people at the house and I didn't rock it because I was sleeping in a deep slumber.

Other hauntings by ryangonzaga

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ryangonzaga, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darklight (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
It is sign that he is still there for you and watching over you =) Good luck in all your future encounters.
ahhitscaty (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
your grandfather obviously felt very attached to ya'll if he stayed around after death to look after you. Although he may be unable to answer you like he once was he is still proving that he was and is still there for you.:)
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
thanks for sharing your experience with us... Sorry bout your grandpa... But its good to know that now he is watching over your family even when he has died... So yea PS: I'm 14, a year older than you =P
ryangonzaga (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Thanks for the comment flutterofwings and raingrl I'm 12 years when he died but now I'm 13 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
I feel he did love you and the one year old very much. If you feel good about this then just let the feelings flow. Some people after they die their spirits linger on for awhile. So enjoy while you can listening to his rocking chair rock.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Your grandpa must have loved ya'll very much. 😊 Keep him around as long as possible. If it makes you feel better then why not? Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: