You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Aunt Marie A Ghost By The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt Marie A Ghost By The Bed

 

In 1998, my aunt Marie (we called her Rie) died of cancer. I was only four when she passed, but according to everyone, she loved me dearly, like I was her own child. She used to knit me blankets, and wall murals to hang in my bedroom. The last blanket she sewed was rainbow colors, but was never finished because she passed before it was completed.

My mother was Rie's favorite sister, and was also the last person to talk to her before she died telling her it was all going to be okay. About two weeks after her death, I was sleeping in bed next to my mom. Apparently, something made my mother wake up in the middle of the night, and sit straight up. She told me she saw my aunt Rie, standing at the front of her bed, smiling. Her long blonde hair was down and she was wearing fresh, pretty clothes. She didn't speak--just stared at my mom for a long time, and looked over at me as well, still smiling. My mom got a little scared, so she went back to bed, and aunt Rie never returned.

For a long time, my mom told no one because she thought everyone would say she was crazy. But then one night, in an argument with my grandfather, my mom told him that she had seen Rie. All of a sudden, my grandfather looked like he was about to cry, saying that he wished that Rie would visit him; but she never did.

My question is, why did Rie visit that night?

Was she there to just visit or is she there all the time, and we just don't see her?

The place where my mom had seen her was a bedroom in my grandparent's house. We don't live with them anymore of course, but when I visit them every summer, I sleep in that bedroom and I always hear strange noises at night and get very scared.

Is she my guardian angel just to look over me?

Other hauntings by twilightobsesserx3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twilightobsesserx3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ActingDreamer (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I love reading stories about family members coming back to see them, I bet your aunt wanted to say goodbye, to you and your mom. Your aunt is most likley looking out for you, my grandfather looks out for me and I wear his lifestrong braclet to keep me safe and to connect me to him... Thank you for sharing:)
freaky_deaky (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
She could have been visiting to check that your all ok or something like that.
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Your mother is definatly not crazy and neither are you for hearing noises in the bedroom.
Your Aunt was there to tell your mom she was alright. It could have been just her way of saying goodbye, or your mom might have been sad that day about her sister and she came to visit your mom to comfort her.
I don't think you have anything to fear though. So don't let the noises scare you.

Much Peace
Katie
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Seems like there are spirits that can visit when necessary but are not earth bound. Doctors will say it's illusion brought on by grief. I think it happens far too much to be dismissed as a "doctor feel good " for the brain. Why spirits can communicate with one person and not another is up for speculation. My sister in law who doesn't give much thought to the paranormal, was walking her dog in the woods and in her mind heard her recently deceased uncle tell her to go visit his wife because your Aunt Helen is having a hard time with my death. She wasn't even thinking about her uncle when this happened. He had been very ill and his passing was a blessing. She was taken back but not freaked out when this happened and followed up on it and was a help to her aunt. The woman was too proud to let anyone know she was having a hard time dealing with her husband's death but apparently this didn't stop her dead husband from contacting his niece who was able to help. I think that's what happened in your situation. The one who could help was the one that was reached.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Hi, I liked your story. I don't know why your Rie visit your mother at the time. But though it was sad that the grandfather said she didn't visit him. If he still alive (sorry I don't mean anything personal) ask him if he had any dreams he doesn't remmeber. Because my hero said that sometime family (died) members will sometimes visit other family (Living) members in there dreams but most times they won't remmeber it. So it just a thought. I mean she could have visit him lots of times.
Like me. When I was 1 my mom's mother died (I don't remmeber her at all 😢) then when I was 3 or 4 my dad's mom died also (I don't remmeber her to much). Then both of my grandfathers died before I was even born. So mainly saying no big presents 😁. But I have lots of dreams I can't remmber to so it could be them or my Unlce or great aunt? ❤
doG RIP:-)
GIRLIE
Samie (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
Awh, From what I know is that you and your mother are not crazy. She might be there every night. And your grandmother will always be in your heart. I will also will post my stories when it opens again.

From,
Samie

God bless you.❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
Twilight hi and thank you for sharing your experience-it is always hard when we lose dearly loved family members so I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd like to address your question about why your grandfather has not been visited by his daughter. You see maybe it is partly because he is looking too hard and misses the simple things that reveal her presence like a familiar sound, a smell, the appearence of some kind of object that your aunt loved.

Sometimes you have to understand that when we are too stressed by the death of a loved one, they choose not to visit but only because they do not wish to upset us any more. Maybe his daughter will visit him one day, when he is ready and open to such a visit and maybe again she will be waiting to escort him to the Land Across when his time comes.

I hope your aunt is NOT around because that would mean that she has unfinished business that go beyond that half-knitted blanket. I hope she is where she is supposed to be and who knows, sometimes our loved ones are allowed to make this passing from one realm to the other just to check up on us, to confort us and share our joys and sorrows.

Just pray that she has safely made the "journey" and let her know that if she feels the need to visit you again, all she has to do is let her love for you guide her.

God bless you
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
I agree with both mgtor and zoajet. It is highly possible that your Aunt Rie returned to assure the family that she is alright, and to try to let you know that she will be there for you when you need her.
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
My mother went through the same experience with her brother who she was very close to. If your mother was really hurting from your aunt Rie's death I believe that your aunt was there to show her she was okay and happy and not to worry anymore. She was there to give your mother piece and reassurance that she is no longer suffering.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
she proboly is your protector. She may of visted to make you know she watching over the whole family. Be lucky its not a evil ghost. Then you be in trouble.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: