You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Experiences At My Aunt's House

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences At My Aunt's House

 

These experiences which I'm going to share today date back to 2010 or 2011 when I would be 4/5 years old.

It was the weekend so my mother took us to our aunt's house. We decided to stay at her house that night as none of us had school the next day.

My uncle and aunt used to rent a house which was in the same city as ours. They had 4 children (2 daughters and 2 sons) and all of them were in their teens except for the youngest daughter K who was 7 or 8 years old and we'll name the rest of the children as: eldest son T, elder daughter O and the younger son A. (will use this information later)

Coming back to that night, I'll try to explain everything I remember because you see I was very young then and had been in preschool for only 2 years. But even in that age I knew about the existence of ghosts and stuff due to some other experiences.

A bit about the house: it was not so big. It had only two bedrooms: one was big and the other was half the size of the first one. Both the rooms were connected by a door. The big room had the door leading to the smaller room in one corner and another door leading to the balcony in the one corner. Both these doors were on the same side of the room and the bed faced these two doors. My mother, me and my 2 siblings along with my aunt and her two daughters O and K slept in the big room and my uncle and his two sons T and A slept in the small room.

That night we all slept after some chit chat and stories probably. So it would have been pretty late at night when I got up by sound of someone knocking on the door leading to the smaller room. I didn't see the time (what would you expect from a toddler). The knocks were violent and the person knocking the door never spoke. I was more puzzled then being scared as I had just gotten up from deep sleep and was trying to understand what was going on. That person couldn't be any of the three men who wanted to use the washroom or the kitchen as the bath and the kitchen were on the other side of the house led by the small room and even if it was one of them he must have had said something instead of banging the door in the middle of the night. So after a few minutes the knocks stopped on that door and it started on the door leading to the balcony. How would have that person got into the balcony as there was no other entrance to the balcony except that door? I know you must be thinking maybe it was someone from my sister or cousins who went into the balcony but everyone was sleeping peacefully despite the loud bangs. Now I got scared so I shook my mother who was sleeping next to me to see who was knocking but she said she couldn't hear any knocks and I was just imagining and I should go to sleep. She pulled me closer to herself and of course the knocks had stopped by then so I went back to sleep. I didn't tell it to anyone the next morning as I didn't feel the need to and until now I've never discussed it with anyone.

My aunt and her children also experienced unusual things while staying there. They would hear someone laughing in the washroom when no one would be using it. My cousin O would be standing in the kitchen and she'll feel someone walk past the kitchen even when there was no one. Things disappearing and reappearing at the same place all by themselves and strange and unexplainable things happening etc. Once my aunt was not at home and the landlords who lived downstairs told my aunt that they could hear someone crying in the laundry area. They asked who was was it but no one responded. Worried, one of them went upstairs to investigate but no one was there so that person got scared and ran down.

My aunt lived in that house for 3-4 years and then she moved out for some reason. I don't know in what state that house is now and I never asked my aunt anything about it because her life is already very messed up. I think whatever or whoever lived there never meant to harm anyone except for scaring them. Maybe it just wanted people to be aware of its presence.

Thanks for reading ❤

Other hauntings by 00786

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 00786, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

00786 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-09-11)
Rajine: It has been a long time since my aunt left that house and I've never come across that house ever again so I can't look for it's history on my own but maybe someday I will.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-09-08)
Hi 00786

Perhaps it was a resident spirit/s, if you know about the history of the place it would shed some light on what you'll experienced.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: