You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Small Spooky Happenings In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Small Spooky Happenings In My House

 

I have had a few experiences is the house we live in right now. I live with my mum and little sister.

Here they are, please comment:D!

1. I sleep in a bedroom which I share with my little sister on a bunk bed, but she gets ill very easily and likes to sleep with my mum until she gets better. So I was trying to get to sleep one night when a heard a loud single tap coming from the corner of the girls room in which a dressing table stands with a mirror and mine and my sisters things. I opened my eyes but saw nothing, and went to sleep. This has happened many times around the house, and mostly happens near the TV (when it's off), it sounds like a loud static snap or someone is leaning on our Freeview box.

2. One morning (very early, about 4 or 5.am) I suddenly woke up. I had no reason to wake up, I just did. I suddenly heard my mum's bedroom door creak, and I could hear footsteps running out of the room down the stairs, and into the kitchen. I could hear the doors opening. Then I heard banging (like someone was getting out a sauce pan and placing it on the hob), but it wasn't loud enough to wake up my mum and sister, who were both snoring (yes, they snore...). Then I heard the footsteps run back up the stairs and into my mum's room where the noises disappeared. At first I thought it was just my mum, but she NEVER runs up and down the stairs unless she is in a hurry to leave the house, and she wouldn't use a sauce pan in the middle of the night to reheat her hot water bottle, we have a kettle, and she WOULDN'T make something to eat in the middle of the night either, besides, it was only down there for a minute. And my little sister is terrified of going into dark places alone, or any place alone! No-body knows...

3. I find things usually happen when I'm trying to sleep, like something is trying to get my attention (I could be wrong). One night, because we were in the middle of a clear-out, we had a lot of things on the floor, including two porcelain fairies sitting beside each other. They are quite chunky, hollow things sitting on flowers. Anyway, I shut my eyes for two seconds, and as soon as I did, I heard a loud clang. I opened my eyes and nothing was there. The next morning I hit the two fairies together, and it produced the same sound. They were both about three inches away from each other last night, and I didn't find them knocked over.

4. One time, I was having a serious talk with my mum, and I was staring at our newly painted wall (magnolia). When suddenly I saw a little orb of light drift from the middle of the wall straight to the top. I have seen a few of these around the house, but nothing as clear as that one.

5. I had just finished reading before bed (last night in fact), and was turning around to turn of the bedside lamp behind me. As I started turning round, I DISTINCTLY saw some black liquid dripping from the wooden planks holding the top mattress up. It was like it was seeping through the top mattress onto the wood, then onto my duvet. When I looked more closely, it disappeared. As you might think, it was hard to turn the light off after THAT!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wicked_boo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wicked_boo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
not really... I know a few of the roads and buildings in the area (like, next to my house literally) are haunted... Like, little girls in summer dresses waling around barefoot in the middle of the night down the road, and ghostly maids in the manor, which is super close.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
The only thing I can think of to explain is the loud static snap. I know that I hear this sometimes after just turning a television off it can make crackling sounds a bit while it "settles."

It does sound like something is trying to get your attention. If this really frightens you then tell it to knock it off, or if it doesn't want to it's no longer welcome in the house or around you or your family.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
If its about 90yrs old, I can guess there has been a lot more than just criminals living there.

Does this tapping come only certain places or rooms? Or is it all over?
wicked_boo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
I'm not so sure about the history of the house, all I know is about the people who used to live in it. It's about ninety years old maybe. The previous owners were pretty much criminals:P to be honest, and we found a lot of stolen items in the house. I hear A LOT of tapping though!
newguy (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
this article mad me scared 😨 I hope that you found a solution to this problem.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
I hate to sound like a broken record: do you know the history of the house/land?

Hearing taps/creaks in older homes is common. Although I don't always believe that statement.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: