You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Shadow With Red Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

A Shadow With Red Eyes

 

About 3 months ago, I was sitting in my front room when I heard my dog barking so I went to see what he was barking at and then saw him come flying down the stairs as if the stairs had become a slide when I caught him (upside down) I saw a shadow with red-eyes at the top of the stairs it was looking at me as if it was looking straight through me.

I am not religious, I do though believe in talismans, I wear one 24/7, but I have seen it 4 times in total.

Another time I saw it was at my mate's house we where watching TV when we decided to go out for a cig as we sparked up we then saw a shadow with red-eyes at the bottom of his garden

The third time was in my house again I was in the kitchen cooking for my mother and I heard a noise in the dinning room when I looked behind me there it was again. It stood there just looking at me it freaked me out.

The fourth time I saw it was yesterday it was standing near the window in my front room it stood there as if it was looking outside but as I entered the room it stared at me and started to walk towards me so I decided to start to move slowly backwards, but it still was walking towards me but it suddenly stopped and disappeared

All four times it had a persons shape but black as black can be with those blood-red-eyes. I don't know what it is but I know to stay away from it if it comes near me. It had a dark presence it felt like I couldn't breath but each time I saw it, it wasn't as bad.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadowrj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghost_guy (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
Did the shadow with red eyes ever try to harm you or touch you?
hunter11 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
it happends to me 3 times I was thinkin it was only my imagination
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
shadowrj,

It's nice to see that both side of the 'coin' have been addressed in the replies. In my opinion I do not believe this to be a 'demonic' entity. It may be either a Manifestation of Negative energy (yours) that your sensitive enough to see as it 'leaves' your body, though why it would manifest itself in this manner I haven't a clue. Or what you are seeing is a manifestation of negative energy that you 'fend' off and it is therefore unable to 'attach' itself to you.

So my question is this... How did you feel 'before' each of these 'events'? Were you going through some form of Stress?

Or when you saw these was it like a 'weight' was lifted off your shoulders? Your answers to these can help determine just what kind of 'manifestation' this is.

Respectfully,

Rook
LonerD (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I have read most of the accounts on this Shadow with Red eyes and I believe that I have been followed my whole life by something similar. When I was a child I use to be found talking to the ceiling in my bedroom and my parents said I described my "friend" as black with red eyes. They told me about this when I finally approached them about the shadow with red eyes I've been seeing in my room (which was the same room I was in when I was little). I continued to see this figure until I moved out of my Dad's house and I started seeing it in my new house except it had yellow eyes this time. Later I joined the military and continued to see it even when I went to combat (it's eyes had turned red again at this point). And to this day it has appeared several times in my current house. Even my wife has seen it. Now the one major difference I have found in everyone's story and mine is that the shadow I have been seeing has never tried to hurt me or scare me or anything else as a matter of fact its quite the opposite. My Dad's house has ghosts in it and two of them have been removed by this shadow. One was a guy who always chased me down the hallway to my room every night I went to my room. At about 15 years old I finally told the ghost to leave me alone and I saw the shadow appear in my room walk through my closed door and I have not seen the ghost again. The other ghost he has removed was a little girl who used to sing in to our fan at night and wake you up so you can play with her. After I got divorced I was living with my dad and had my daughter with me. I put her to bed one night shortly after we first got there and I later went to check on her and she was sitting up crying hiding her face with her blankets rolled up to her feet. She said that she saw a girl who looked very mad roll her blankets up at her and start trying to hit her. A couple of nights later I woke up to my bed shaking and saw the girl standing at the corner of my bed. I yelled at her to leave my daughter alone and threatened her. Just after I got done I saw the shadow walk into my room and grab the little girl by the arm and drag her out of the room. I have not seen her since either. And when I was in combat I would wake up at night and see the shadow figure sitting in front of my door as if he was waiting for someone to open it kind of like he was on guard duty. So when I read all the posts I thought I would share my experience with this shadow figure since he has seemed more like a guardian for me than a threat. I have no idea what this means but maybe it helps someone make since of there sightings.
Jonquille (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
Wow, I wonder if you are a medium of some sort or very sensitive to paranormal activities...

I remember I saw one once, but that was when I was about 7 or 8. I remember the night so vividly. I was asleep. In the middle of the night, I woke up for no reason. I wasn't having a nightmare or anything. This is pretty usual for me to wake up in the middle of the night. Anyway, I was just looking around my room, then looked over at the window right behind my bed. There was a black shadow just standing there, staring at me with those horrible, horrible glowing red eyes. I do not know if this part was exaggerated with my own imgaination, but I do remember trying to get close and it visibly growled at me and showed its teeth. I got so scared that I ran downstairs. I know I was not dreaming, but I DO think that part about the teeth could be added to from my imagination. In the rest of the time that I lived in that house, I never saw it again.

Just last night, my mother and I were talking about dark shadows. Now, I think her stories are much, much more solid than mine. Growing up, she was an insomniac. She told me that she would see different shapes of shadows, but they were all always staring at her with red, glowing eyes. The first one was that of a curvy woman. The next one was a bird of some sort, a large one, I think. The next two, she doesn't really remember. She stopped seeing them when she turned 11, which is strange. Paranormal activities usually get worse as puberty is closing in, but I guess it was different for her.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
I had quite an encounter up close with a shadow entity with glowing red eyes in a small town in northern new York. Quite terrifying. I think they are what the Bible calls a principality of some rank. My advise is to ditch the talisman and seek the Christian God.
LilMissEclipse97 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
Scary... That must be horrific... 😕
Probably a demon which feeds off your negative energy, they cannot manifest enough bad energy from you to retain it's full form... If it has one. If you see it again, try to stay calm- the more scared you get, the more powerful it will get from your negative energy. It might mean you no harm (if it is a demon, kind of unlikely) or this might be the start of a demonic possession. If it gets worse, I advise you seek a demonologist, or get a Catholic Exorcism. Beware, though... Exorcisms do not always go to plan. There are stories of people being killed by demons while being exorcised. Maybe, if it fits your beliefs, turn to God - He will help you.
God Bless, and good luck. ❤
JamesL (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
I can't say I agree with the previous comments regarding the apparition being 'demonic' In my spiritual perspective, Hell along with demons is a pure fabrication.

This fella is likely just a spirit without enough energy to manifest itself entirely, thus appearing as a black shadow. He could be projecting the red eyes as a symptom of negative energy. It seems he's connected to you somehow. Visiting a medium might be reasonable step forward into finding out who he is and what he wants.
WolfVoice258 (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
terranigma-
That seems exactly like an experience my friend had. A man in a wide brim hat and trenchcoat was seen walking on her wall, starting at one place, moving to another, and then disappearing, only to restart the cycle all over again.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
I hope you have not seen it anymore they are quite terrorfying.

One of those used to follow me around when I was a teen. He was as black as the darkest night, but my one looked like he had a cowboy or wide brim hat on with a trench coat. He also had bright blood red eyes that used to shine as if they were on fire.

I would never see him move though, but he would look in from outside the window or stand at the end of my bed. If I were to look away and then back at him he would be closer. He would almost have his face against the windw and then I would look away and then back at him and he would be gone. He sometimes had loud heavy, somewhat painful breathing too. And when he would stare at me I could not move. I could only manage to move my head and I could not yell for help or scream!

I was a very angry and hateful teen so I think that I attracted him to me? I was also very lonely, but when I moved out with friends and got a life... I've never seen it again thank god!
JEJ1984 (4 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
just thinking, try to follow-
Unbelievable the things people believes to start off with btw, either its a ghost or demon lol if only things could be that simple.
He's shown up four times, more by now I'm sure. He will again regardless, when you do see him again, stay calm, approach BUT DONT WALK UP to him, stand where you are and say if he's just to come and go as he pleases, that he has to pay rent, he may know of some gold, ask nicely, & don't lunge at him please. Just waiting for you to ask, hopefully haven't been rude to him yet. It's It's possible he isn't even aware you can see him more than half the time, notice what I said there. Maybe he's apart of the protection calling of that talisman, could be the spirit guide of some guy trying to pass on some fortune someone hid nearby to you for some reason. Open mouths get fed, have to ask him. Worried about communication? Its already been engaged the second he knew you saw him. The second your pet saw him even. There's only native american stories of these things I heard, believe were good locators so you should get lucky with something either way lol. I don't know just heard of some old stories about things like this and it was like the first place I went to. It can be friendly but will attack if felt threatened I hear, your hair will, don't need to singe your hair. Just another internet know it all trying to shove useless obscure advice down your throat, sorry. Just act like you don't see him if you feel worried any, make a joke, going to feed something some energy, put some positive energy in the air for them to take. Happier you are the happier the others around you are, guess that could go either way, but yea its too late to not talk to it and saging won't work and besides might be something it does want you to have, valuable material object, no family around to pass it on too maybe, who really knows such things, can only speculate 😆
Reem14 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Hello there:)

In Islam we call these strange demons and shadows etc. Djinn. They are a race living among us, though you can never see their true forms, they may apeare to you in a form of an animal or anything they want and sometimes they apeare as humans though it is rare for them to apeare in a human form.

Take care and god bless you ^-^
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Zishu: This may come as a shock to you, but this time I think you're right 😊...
Shadowrj: Do you mean that with every time you saw it the bad vibes grew less intense?...If that's the case, then I think you're becoming stronger, and therefore should be able to tell it to take a hike without fear!...Hopefully forceful words will do the job...
Good Luck...
ambermarie (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
holy crap that is really creepy! I have seen some crazy stuff but not the same thing 4 times in a row lolz
fairylady0385 (5 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Wow. That is scary. I agree that you should rely on God to protect you from this thing. I don't think you should get rid of your talisman tho. I am a Christian and I wear one as well. Perhaps you should smudge your talisman with sage just as a precaution in case it has some type of negative energy clinging to it. As a matter of fact I would smudge the whole house. As you smudge, try reciting some bible verses or the Lord's prayer. And if you see this thing again, look it straight in the eye and say "I am not afraid of you! In the name of Jesus Christ and the One True God I demand that you leave my house! You have no power over me. I am protected by the Lord!" Say it forcefully and mean it. Good luck and God bless!
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
I have also heard a lot of shadow people having red eyes, or black eyes, or even holes for eyes. If you're really serious about this and you need help getting rid of it, a home cleansing or blessing of the home and objects could be just the ticket. It doesn't sound like it has had time to strike if it is demonic yet, so I would take these steps right away. This will help you at least return a little power to you as the living. If the situation gets worse, you could try a Catholic exorcism, though I know you say you are not religious, it has been documented throughout history to rid this plane of demons. If it were me, I would pray in the name of Jesus Christ and ask for His protection.
ZiShu (281 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
I tell you the truth.
These shadow people with red eyes you see are DEMONS.
They look like this because they cannot manifest enough negative energy to sustain their true forms.
This is what they look like on layers closer to physical world but in the deeper layers they are revealed to be more monstrous.
You will see them if you are aware when they pass by to the side of you. You can see them with your peripheral side vision. You will notice they like to stand in doorways a lot or peek in. They can be seen easily on stairways and hallways (including open rooms).
They are watching you to know when would be a good time to strike you to draw your negative energy. Pray to God and Christ please... He is the only true protection
God Bless
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
seems to be very common for these shadow beings to have the red eyes. Wonder why that is.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
I disagree with mmahmed611 I'll not ask you to believe in god out of fear it should be choice but

He may be right about the talisman it may be conected or were both wrong and its all that protecting you

The paranormal is very confusing
MMAHMED611 (16 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
If the talisman was given by a "special person" and meant to be for your "well being or protection" then what you saw is probably something attached to the talisman. Get rid of the talisman. Best is to dispose it in running water (river or stream). Turn towards God and by God I mean the One true God who is responsible for all creation including the creation of the being you saw with red eyes. Life and everything that sustains it is not just by accident. Do some soul searching and try to look for the truth... And the one God will help you find it.

Take care...
MMAhmed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: