You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mrs Caville

Real Ghost Stories

Mrs Caville

 

It all began when I was five, I would lay in bed, staring into the ceiling, I always seemed to pick out this one face, staring at me. The face was soft and round, I couldn't quite pick out anything but the head and the eyes. Sometimes I would wake-up, startled, to these foot steps in the hallway, these nights I did not have the guts to arise and go to my parents room, instead, I would sulk and pull my covers over my face and I would listen as somebody walked into my room... Sat on my bed and patted the covers I was under... This would happen once every fortnight, for about 2 years, until I was about 7. My mum decided to sleep with me in my bedroom, as she was bored hearing of my ' ghostly ' experience. When I began Kindergarten, I began to become sick often. It didn't get so bad, right up until I was about 8 or 9, I would miss major clumps of school and would stay at home. When I stayed at home, by myself, scary things began occurring. I would be sitting watching the Televisions in another room and in other rooms the Televisions's would flicker on and off, bedroom doors would creak open and then slam swiftly, taps would run, the washing machine would begin and the dog would mysteriously start barking hysterically, sometimes I would see, a figure, in black, staring at me, with eyes so cruel. The figure wore a grey dress, lined with grey and white. I could not figure out the face, although, there we no eyes, the sockets were filled with blank space. But it would feel as if it would stare at me, for what seemed like an eternity.

We have a downstairs area, the stairs are quite old and when you walk up them they cause an awfully loud clanging sound. Sometimes it would then begin that the sound of our stairs was sounded, it would start silently, as if someone was at the bottom of the stairs making their way up, whispering harshly it got louder, and louder, as if someone was walking up the stairs, although there was nobody at home, apart from myself, I would sprint out the back door and hide in the bush just outside in the backyard, peering up into the house, I would see a figure walking around, peering out the back door (which is a glass sliding door) and ' evil staring ' me, as if to say " STAY AWAY. ". Although there were no eyes, the face showed the expression

In year 4, I was 10 and another paranormal experience happened to me, I used to stay at a after school care, after school, as my mum worked late. One Wednesday, we got home and my sister who was in High School and was able to walk home from school, was inside the house, showering, we got to the front door, as it was locked, mum searched for her house keys and I peered through our glass door,

" Mum! "

I said

" There's a black figure "

As I stared through the door, a black figure began to approached the door my hair stood on ends, it got about 3 centimeters away and vanished, I turned the door knob and it opened! Mum was amazed and as we walked in my sister, wrapped in a towel, ran up the hall. She had no idea how we got in without a key, she told us, she had been hearing constant shuffling sounds around the house aswell, as if small feet, wallowing about.

The same experiences re-occurred, I would get sick and the TV would flicker, on and off, the radio would come on and off, chairs began to un-tuck them selves and I would repeat the same ritual, running out the back to hide in the bush and get a view of inside the house, to see the figure staring at me. It then began that the figure began to start smiling at me, as if to say " Don't fear "It was a large change to the threatening look it had been giving me previously. At the end of year 4, I began to hear small voices inside my head, I began to become claustrophobic. I didn't mind these small symptoms, but it was difficult to be in a small classroom, as my ears would ring and my chest would tighten. Some days I would stare at the windows of our classroom, as from the very corner of my eye I would see the same figure staring at me, but when I looked, it would be gone... Sometimes I would find notes in my tray, always reading: Don't Fear and on the oddest occasions, I would blank out, everything in the world was black and white, my friends would stare at me, but with clear eye sockets and no expressions.

I began to become a horror fan, I would watch scary things on YouTube, and read scary ghost experiences. I would always un-tuck a chair for some reason, it felt like something was pressuring me to do it, I would place it next to me and when reading, I felt as if, a presence next to me was sitting in the untucked chair a cold sensation, reading the same things I read, and watching the same things I watched and at the same time looking at me, but when I looked, nobody was there...

I started to become curious, I asked my dad, who has lived in this house for 25 years, about the history of the house, he explained to me that where we lived was a new estate back then, the house structures were mostly built by one builder, Mr Caville, the house we live in now was one of his first, he lived in it until his wife died. I asked my dad about his wife, he told me she had, had a heart attack in this very house... Then I knew it... I knew why these paranormal experiences were happening... There was a spirit among us... Mrs Caville.

Ever since then, I have hardly had any more ghost experiences, why? Personally I believe that it is because I once asked this spirit to leave... Leave this world because her time was over.

I know Mrs Caville may still be here, but only quite slightly, as if her soul is dying, she hardly tampers with me any more, as I think she is aware I have a fear of her. The posters I put in my room were for the purpose of protection from any other spirits who may live in my house, the posters are of one of my favored horror characters ' Samara Morgan ' from the movie ' The Ring ' & I think these posters do a good job of scaring the uninvited.

Although, I'm unsure of what she wanted, what type of spirit she may have been? Please help me find out, and unravel this unusual experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, samara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ClaireBear97 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Good story
I would never have the guts to put a poster of Samara up on my wall of my bedroom 😊
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Agreed with Darkness and EmeralAngel
Mrs, Caville seems to be playing round with you slightly.

Best of luck,
~Shadead.
ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
It sounds like Mrs Caville was out for a little attention and thought she would get this by scaring you, it looks like it worked 😉.
T'was a good story, and there's no doubt in my mind that "mrs caville was rather odd."
Sounds like we'd get along smoothly. 😁
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
I really don't think its out to hurt you or anything I think it is just stuck there. I think it kind of liked you.

Taylor 😊
samara (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Thanks for the help guys:) since then I've had a couple more encounters. Yet I do not think it isn't Mrs Caville, it seems to be a younger form. Like a child form.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Kind of going along the same lines as Emerald here, I believe at first she was trying hard to get your attention, then once she realised you were acknowledging her maybe she backed off a bit. Had to have a little laugh about running outside and hiding in the bush, think I did that myself a few times when I was younger haha.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
That Is Weird And Terrifying I don't really understand how... Well if she seemed evil at first I'm going to bet she was irritated or she just like scaring you then as you got older you weren't as scared anymore and actually started liking scary things, I'm not sure this Mrs, Caville is rather an odd spirit...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: