You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Haunted House In Vietnam

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House In Vietnam

 

Back in the early 60's my father who was a Philippine Air Force officer was posted in Saigon as a military attache so we lived in the then South Vietnam for 3-4 years during the early part of Vietnam war. For reasons unknown to me we moved houses three times. The second house we lived in was huge and very old--more like a "mini" mansion (French architecture?). We actually rented just the bottom part of the house whilst the owner-- an ethnic Chinese Vietnamese widow & her 2 daughters lived upstairs. I remembered my sis & I used to go upstairs for tutoring by one of her daughters about basic French as we attended a French school called Collete and later on another school called Jardin de Enfants which is on the same street as the Philippine embassy. We also attended American School on our last year in Vietnam.

The house was situated beside a cemetery and what to me seemed so odd even at that time was there was a gate near the back part of the yard which opens to the cemetery.

The layout of the house looked strange too--- there's the huge loungeroom big enough for a dance floorspace and a short hallway to my parents' bedroom and bathroom and then there's this large dining/entertainment area in between which separated our parents' bedroom & our bedrooms and kitchen. My brother had his own bedroom and us three sisters (at that time we were 7,8 and 10 years old) slept in one king size bed together. Our bedroom doesn't have a door but my brother's room has one and we can see his door from our bedroom.

From what I can recall (I was 7 y.o.) --I was waken by our bedroom window shuddering as it was a stormy night and the wind was howling through the louvre window. It was quite spooky and I couldn't go back to sleep. Somehow I felt that someting was going to happen. I saw a headless figure in what appeared to be a long black coat floating from our bedroom to my brother's room and as it disappeared, I saw a part of a skeleton appear which looked luminous peering through the crack of the door hinge of my brother's bedroom door. His bedroom door was always left slightly ajar. I felt paralised whilst I was witnessing the apparitions. I tried to wake up my sisters to tell them what I've just seen but they were too tired and didn't seem interested. I couldn't go back to sleep as I was too scared that the ghosts might come near me.

The following morning I told the family what I've seen during the night and to my relief they believed me. My sisters also said that they were aware that I was trying to wake them up & told them what I have seen but they said they were too scared so they pretended they were asleep. From then on I believed in ghosts & spirits.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alexa54, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nani1212 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
Thanks for sharing. And sorry for your grandfather 😢 I hope this ghost leaves you bye
alexa54 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Yes that memory will stay with me forever... An experience that's still clear in my mind even tho it happened a long time ago when I was 7 y.o.I've had 3 other paranormal experiences in my life. That house might have been haunted by French soldiers? As Vietnam was occupied by the French long before the Vietnam war.
jazzi001 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
According to my opinion that house have some old ghost and there is a big fear there
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
It's memories like these that stay with us forever. I bet you were scared out of your mind when you saw that apparition. Thanks for sharing this story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: