You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Visits By A Dear Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Visits By A Dear Girl

 

My dear girl passed away 3 weeks ago at the age of 14. She was very close to me and we shared the same bed. I used to take care of her daily hygiene whilst the housemaid was responsible for the food, etc. She has been very ill in the last month of her life. I once told her "if you are ready to go, please go, I'm OK with that, but please do come and see us." I thought she replied" I'll be with you".

On the 3rd day after she died, in the middle of the night, I could vaguely smell her, as if she was just sitting very close to me. I woke up and it was just passed 4 am. She was cremated on the 5th day and we had a little family gathering beforehand, so that everyone could pay their last respects and say their prayers. I took her usual towel and cleaned her for the last time (though I know the pet funeral organizer had already washed her). Surprisingly, there was still a little bit of faceas stuck to her tail. May be that's what the smell was about 2 nights ago?

On the 7th day, I thought I saw her sitting on the bed looking at me, where she used to sleep. It was also just after 4 am.

The Chinese has a saying that the Deceased would come home to see his family on the 7th day after death. If what I have experienced so far was really Jojo coming home, then she has come back more than once. Not sure if it's just my imagination or I was just dreaming. I do talk to her (her photo by my bedside) every night. I'd hope to see her more be it my imagination or just a dream. I miss her dearly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caninejojo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dududancewithu (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Omg! I thought you were talking about Your daughter or something! P.s. So sorry for your loss.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
vulcan,
it is obvious this pet owner is in much grief. I can't think of a more inconsiderate post to follow her sorrow... Than what you have written. Having read that, I find it hard to believe you have ever experienced the loss of a loved pet. Good grief, I've seen some reckless feedback before, but that takes the cake.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
vulcan10 - I really think you could have made your point without being so rude 😢.

This comment from vulcan10 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
I am sorry to read about your loss. I sincerely hope that your girl is now happy wherever she is, and is not feeling the pain and suffering which she had to undergo prior to passing away.

I think its not very uncommon to feel the presence of loved ones even though they may no longer be in existence. Hope that you will gather enough strenght to bear with the loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: