You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunted House Or Haunted Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House Or Haunted Me?

 

The house I live in is about 50 years old. I've lived in the same house all my life. When I was young I use to always hear knocks and bangs with no explanations, see shadows in the figure of a man at the end of my bed or near the doorway. Feel something sit on my bed and have numerous things go missing and suffer on occasion with sleep paralysis - probably only happened about 10 times in over 25 years, but 9 out of the 10 times, I would be in the process of doing something, take a small breather and be paralyzed face down for a minute or so. Only one occasion when I was older have I been laid on my back and felt something touching me inappropriately which occurred while I was sleeping at a friend's house. When I managed to move myself I heard a bang at the window like a bird had flown straight into it. I always see crows at my friend's house since. As I got older kettles began to turn themselves on and other electrical equipment however was very subtle and never frightening. I managed to catch two orbs on camera.

Spooky things seem to happen every now and again; it's never persistent, however just recently things have being happening again. Knocks always three times, shadow people being seen in corners of rooms and over the past year an old lady appears at the top of the stairs stands and stairs through the bedroom door while you are in bed then proceeds to the bottom of the stairs, into the living room and stands in the corner of the living room. She seems a pleasant ghost, dressed in and old style Victorian dress and wearing black boots. The last sighting of the lady was seen last week; however cupboard doors have been opening on their own.

My dog will start barking in one spot while other times he is hiding unresponsive and petrified. I wonder whether there is something attached to me as well as the house, as an episode last year while I was staying at someone else's house again. I was in bed and felt three taps on my head always like dripping water. When I sat up I saw an old lady but she looked very angry and pale her eyes were scrunch up. I got out of the house as quick as I could! But no one else had experienced anything in the house. I am looking in to get a psychic in. I know my house was closely built to an old railway station which was moved in the early 1800's but I can't find any history or evidence of where it was actually situated. The investigation continues...

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sayona, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I have also have the same problem and get through electrical equipment like nobody's business! I also have to watch what shops I visit as I get mild electric shocks off the shelving! πŸ˜†
sayona (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Thanks you all very much for your comments. It never occurred to me about my electromagnetic field and as zzsgranny mentioned funny enough I do interfere with radios and tvs. Street lights do dim when I walk past but not all the time. The thought of me being one of the 'electric people' never crossed my mind but definately explains a lot of things! Cheers guys I will definately look this up in more depth and I will keep you posted. 😁
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
sayona I agree with BJJ and Granny. You may be emitting a lot of energy. I have the same problem with all of that now that I think on it and I discovered the cable thing on accident. All I did was touch it with my fingerson the inside and my hands on the outside and the cable almost completely came back on! What a shok that was πŸ˜†. The other thing is you probably do have ghosts around that would make since but as long as they don't harm you or othersI wouldn't be to worried.
Hope this helps, ❀Kalli
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
sayona: I agree with BJJ about the "electric people"...In fact if you google that, you'll find some interesting info... My daughter can make street lights dim by grabbing onto the pole...Also, when I was a kid, (way back in the age of dinosaurs LOL), we had to tune our tv's in or adjust the antenna and I could never do that!...I would have to adjust it so that it was slightly unfocused, so that when I stepped away, it would be right πŸ˜†...And the same with radios... And watches? Forget it...

One time in our old house, we had disconnected the tv from the cable outlet on the wall... All the other tv's in the house were still connected...Well, my kids and I took turns placing the end of the cable on various parts of our bodies, to see who could get the strongest cable signal... We discovered that if we placed it on our foreheads, we could get an almost PERFECT picture πŸ˜†...That was fun...

Anyway, I think the magnetic field surrounding "electric people" has a lot to do with your ability to have paranormal experiences...

Good story, and thanks for posting 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
I have a crackpot theory. All humans generate an electromagnetic field. Some people generate stronger fields than others. I have a friend whose electromagnetic field is so strong she can't wear watches, she "fries" them, TVs act up when she's around, street lights dim when she passes, stuff like that. Your mention of electric appliances acting up in your presence makes me wonder if you are generating a strong field the way my friend does.
If you are generating such a powerful field, then you would likely be very appealing to ghosts and such. You have plenty of excess energy for them to borrow from. Talking to psychic is a good idea. He/she may be able to shed some light on your particular situation.
Just an idea. 😊
wolf789 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
i think that what ever is haunting you is connected to you in one way or another, you should look up your family tree and see if you have any ancesters who were connected to the sperit wold in one way or another

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: