You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Friend's House Is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend's House Is Haunted

 

My friend, CiCi, and I have had many different experiences at her house.

The first, happened about a year ago. We were watching TV in her game room, (Part of the attic that was made into a second story), when we went down stairs to get something. In her game room, there is a door when you first enter, that is part of the attic. The door is always locked. Anyway, we came back upstairs to find the attic door open about 6 inches. It really scared us but we decided not to tell. That has happened once or twice since then.

Another time we were playing a board game at around 2 or 3 in the morning. All of a sudden it got kind of chilly. We were about to check the A/C when we heard something that sounded like very light footsteps coming up the stairs. It stopped us dead in our tracks.

To this day, she also swears she saw an Indian shadow in her hallway. She thinks her house was built on a burial ground. Sometimes we hear faint shouts. Other times we see small lights in her yard. In the graveyard by her house, people have seances, and go to worship the devil.

Almost everytime I go over there, and we walk down a hall in the side of her house closest to the cemetery, at night, we see strange shadows or get cold, or even feel pushed back.

We really want answers.

Other hauntings by coolerthanu2121

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, coolerthanu2121, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

coolerthanu2121 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
AliceLeftWonderland, about the devil worshippers. Yes they do, we see them at night, we find weird symbols drawn into dirt. I looked them up and they were Satanic symbols.
coolerthanu2121 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
These things freak us out. The Indian thing is HER expereience not mine. I do believe her, because she couldn't tell a lie to save her life. (not joking.) At least 6 years ago there was, however, a pretty bad car crash. No one died.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Just for those of you who felt I was just spewing words in relation the validity of the CLAIM that Native Grounds are "more active" than others:

"The reasons for the Ancient Indian Burial Ground are plenty. Burial sites are often connected with Ancient Elder Evil, and, in the USA, unless your definition of 'ancient' is pretty flexible, that means Native Americans. Some tribes didn't give their burial grounds signs that they were graveyards, such as tombstones, memorials or rolling clouds of Ominous Fog. Native Americans are generally assumed to be more magical, and hence will have niftier ghosts. The plotline can play off both the concepts of the Savage Evil Indian of The Western, and that of the Compassionate Native Who Got the Shaft from Settlers (and then got an affordable three-bedroom home dumped on top of him). It's a good way to exorcise white guilt because, in some ways, all of America is an Indian Burial Ground."
Http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IndianBurialGround

"There are a number of factors why this focus on "Old Indian Burial Grounds" is a feature of our culture... There is a collective guilt for American mainstream historic dispossession of Native lands (and all of America was once Native land!) Even for people who regard this dispossession as a natural or necessary thing, the subconscious feels this guilt. And guilt leads to fear, especially of the old pagan beliefs of retribution of angered spirits."
Http://paranormalmontana.blogspot.com/2008/02/indian-burial-grounds.html

There are more, obviously, but I did not want to take up too much space.

Also:http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art48537.asp (as for the use of Tobacco, and coffee) http://nativeamericancultures.com/sacred.htm

Thank you.
sarahi (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
This was one of the best stories ever because of how scary it was and if I were there I would scream out loud. 😨 😨 😨
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
If you're going to hold a seance, or are considering it, please be careful.
Perhaps find a medium who's done it before, to lead you all?
I've never been to a seance, but I've heard that they can be dangerous as hell.

- Alice
Xox
coolerthanu2121 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
i know what a seance is me and my friend have talked about it but are to scared to do anything
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Cemeteries don't automatically link up with hauntings.
An old best friend of mine used to live directly behind a cemetery and it was the least active house, ever.
What you heard could've been the house shifting in the night, people visiting the cemetery.
Also, a seance is no indication of devil worship.

As for the shadow, well your friend knows what she's seen, right?
Everything else can be explained away.

Best Wishes

- Alice
Xox
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Even if the house WAS built directly over a Native Burial Ground, even if you dug the basement OUT of a burial ground moving skeletons as you went along, it would be ABSOLUTELY no more haunted than if you built over a pet cemetery.
IF people are actually going there to "worship the devil", and hold seances THAT is where your activity originates.
Do NOT let people convince you that an Indian Burial Ground is synonymous with Haunting. It is NOT.

So, first things first. May I inquire as to your age? If you are a bit leery on posting THAT, do you still live with a Parental figure who may wonder why you are trying out certain...Blessings?
I can suggest a few things, but those questions need answered first. If you have to "hide" what you are doing, the suggestion would be vastly different than straight up Cleansing the house.
If you truly believe that you saw, and perhaps HAVE a Native Spirit in your home... A "gift" of a pinch of coffee at the back door, or tobacco would be appropriate.
Thank you.
xAkumax (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I'm 100% positive that your house was not built on a burial ground. The spirits would be much more aggressive towards the family inside. Thers not much more anyone can say on here except what Darkness has already said, to bless the house, there's always the option of calling the police to take care of the Satanists in the graveyard. It can be classified as disturbing the peace, if it's after 10pm, and also MAYBE loitering, don't quote me though.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
People who live near cemetaries, I've found, are a little more paranoid and catious than those who don't. Not to discredit what you have experiences, your your imagination can run wild and cause you to see/hear things that may not really be there.

Zzsgranny makes a good point.

However, so does darkness. Try blessing the house, or ignoring what is happening. It doesn't seem evil or demonic.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
I agree with Darkness. With my experience with houses build near a cemetery is that there is a bit more paranormal activity. The thing with the devil worshippers is that they definitely attract evil spirits to that site. I would follow the advice that Darkness shared. Take care and good luck. Trix ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
coolerthanu:...*SIGH*...Not every haunted house was built on an Indian burial ground... Geez 😆...Other than that, the other sounds you're hearing may be coming from LIVE people visiting the cemetery to hold their seances, or rituals... I agree with DARKNESS, these people may be bringing spirits there...

But, as long as no-one is being physically harmed, I don't think there's anything to worry about...Again, as DARKNESS' echo, see if you can perform some protection rituals, so they won't pass through the home...

Good luck
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
coolerthanu2121: You mention that people go to this cemetary to worship the devil and to conduct seances, this in itself can bring entities to the area. It could be wandering spirits just passing through the home, it does not seem to be anything malevolent. Perhaps maybe having the house blessed or some sort of protection rituals could be conducted if these experiences are becoming unnerving. This website do have a few listed if you are interested. All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: