You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Car?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Car?

 

About 3 years ago, 2 of my friends and I were sitting in the hot tub at one of their houses. It was close to 10:30. My friend lives on the same land as a cemetery (just to give you an idea on how old that thing is the most recent grave is a slave grave from 1803.) and she thinks her house is haunted.

Anyway, we were messing around when we heard a motor. Like a car motor that needs to be tuned up. It might not seem weird, but we saw then just some head lights but nothing else on HER LAND. Did I mention you have to know a gate code to enter? Well you do.

We watched it for about 2 minutes when 1 of my friends tried to say something, as soon as she opened her mouth whatever the heck it was just like exploded. We all screamed and her dog started barking. Her mom ran out and wanted to know what happened. Apparently, her parents heard the explosion too.

Her parents and sister took the ranger (It's like a jacked up golf cart.) and checked out the dirt road that lead to the rice fields. No tire tracks. About two years before that, there was a car accident where the vehicle flipped six times. No one died.

We tried to research any other accidents, and we couldn't find anything. It freaked us out so much that every time I've gone over there, we watch for that car and never end up seeing it.

Other hauntings by coolerthanu2121

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, coolerthanu2121, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
It was probably the anniversary of the car accident. Seems like spirits like to re-enact emotionally charged moments, so as to "relive" them on the same dates.
coolerthanu2121 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Yes, we saw a fire like thing. No, it couldn't have been a residul haunting, like I said 1803 is the most recent burial. It was at night. We did see a sillouhete of smoke rising. We saw no car just headlights.
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Forgot to mention if a person has a strong connection to an item, place or thing it can manifest their spirit to that location eg haunted houses or locations because the soul rembers that spot as a happy spot.

So I think though rare it could be that this person loved their car to the point of obsession.

Regards,
~Shadead.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Look into Ghost lights, they are very common out your way too, many times Ghost lights will appear for very short times and and they won't show again for a very long time, or maybe even ever. I have read about people almost being run off of roads by ghost lights before. Ghost lights have been reported all over the world since ancient times. They are very real, sometimes they are audible too.
TheRealIcePrincess (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Fack or Faked: Paranormal Files already said that video could have easily been faked. But the cop would have had to of been in on it or the people would have had to memorize the exact spot and not forget to turn while driving so fast.

Anyway, I see it as extremely strange that it's a car. They don't have souls, they are machines. Whatever it is, it surely is strange, that's for sure...
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Im with Dan don't put to much stock into the youtube video, Computers can make magic with video ect,

Really odd that a car is the spiritual medium if it happens again try see what model the vehicle was eg pick up or sedan or similiar so you can have a time frame of car to work with.

Regards,
~Shadead
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Hmmmm if that ghost car video is fake or not they did a good job hahaha it had me duped when I first saw it...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
I am with Watersprite. WAS there an explosion, or merely the sound of one? It being close to ten thirty (in the morning or evening?), flames should have been highly visible at night, and the smoke would have been during the day...
Wa-do.
yey_aika (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
That's creepy. I can't imagine what it would have been like to see an explosion in her land. Really weird. Perhaps it could have been a residual haunting of one of the people who were buried at the cemetery.
Thank you for sharing 😊

-Aika
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Divine4, Fact or Faked already disproved that one. Lol 😆 And good story, must have been pretty scary.

-Sar-osity. ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Hmmm that is strange I have no idea what this could have been. I don't put to much trust in that old ghost car video on youtube haha.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
the_original_fallen_angel (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
sorry I hav no advie on this, however I just watched the video that divine and emerald are talking about. Is it just me or can anyone else see the 4 dark human silhouettes throughout the video? I'm assumin this is people in the studio?
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Awesome yet freaky, LOVE IT! Like Divine there's a ghost car on youtube that my friend showed me and I was like HUH!? Hahahaha you gotta watch it!
Divine4 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Cool...There is a ghost car on youtube! The police were chasing the car and when theyh got close to a fence it went straight through it! You should watch it... 😉
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Wow! What a cool story. And scary as hell. When it exploded, did you see some kind of fire or was it just the sound of an explosion?

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: