You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Chimney Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Chimney Ghost

 

About 15 years ago, the guy living in my current house died. After 12 years, we moved in. People say he died from a heart attack but others say his wife killed him. But I ended up getting the room he died in. Every night I could hear beating in the chimney in the room and it would slowly move its way up right above my bed.

A week later I had my friend Megan spend the night to see if she could hear it to. Well she did, then I had my sister stay in there to see if she could hear it. About a week later, it was my birthday and we slept out in the tent. We could hear someone screaming so we went out to check it out. We didn't see anything outside so we went inside, we could hear footsteps up the stairs but we didn't see anybody. Then the door to my room opened. We went in there and we saw a shadow going into the chimney. We were wondering why he would go into the chimney and people say that his wife killed him and stuffed him in the chimney.

Every other night, I can hear the door bell ring but no one is there. So I would go back up to bed, then I could hear the door shut and hear the footsteps go up the stairs and into my room but this time I didn't see anybody.

So the next night, I put powder down to see if there were real footprints. The next morning I checked and there were footprints leading up to the chimney in the room. Everyday I wonder how I can stop him from coming back. The only way I can think of is to give him a proper burial. But the only problem is how do I get his body out of the chimney. That's the one thing I haven't figured out.

So if you people out there know how I can get his body out of there let me know I will really appreciate it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kimberly Nichols, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
If there is a body in the chimeny -Like how the one story claimed his wife killed him and put him in there- I would be careful as far as the investigating and removing the body.

I've heard that sometimes disturbing the body can turn the ghost/spirit into a violent one. Not 100% sure on how true that is. Thats just what I have heard.

If there is no body, like what was said in comments earlier, you can try to ask the spirit to leave in calm voice, though not in a way that it would pass off as forcing it to leave.

If you want it to stop entering your room to get in the chimeny you can try and ask it to enter the chimeny through another room (if there is access to it from another room) or just ask it in a calm voice to please stop entering through your room and into the chimeny.

I remember when I use to go to bed in my room I use to get the feeling that someone was watching me or in my room, and instead of asking it to leave I just said calmly "Im goin to bed, can you please do the same?" and then the feeling would dissappear so I could go to sleep.

So try and ask it if it can stop entering the chimeny through your room and see if that stops it.

Or ask it to leave the house all together if you don't want it around. As long as your calm it shouldnt turn violent or go badly.

Hope it all works out for you!

Peace

JustCurious
SwimLaughLive (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
Umm...
Won't there be a horrible odor in the house because of the decomposing body? 😕
usefulidiot (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
i would really really really want to check that body out. But where in new york do you live. I live in east rutherford nj. Is it far to your place 😕
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear Kimberly Nichols,

I do not believe a body is at the chimney for it would have been rotting and the people around the house would probably investigate it. If you truly are a believer in the story, I encourage you to investigate, be careful. Spirits don't like being disturbed.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I am looking forward to your next story, if one does occur. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Yes, I agree with Shane, we do not even have solid proof his body is in the chimney unless you try and check it out...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Wow, okay, first how do you even know that there is a body in the chimney? You aren't going to go off a story someone told you are you? I would inspect the chimney and see if I can spot a skeleton or body that has somehow managed to remain inside this chimney after 15 years. If there is one then you will need to contact your local law enforcement and have them remove the body as this will now become a crime scene instead of a haunting. Other wise I would just tell the spirit in a normal calm voice that its presence is no longer welcome in your home and to please go into the light, that there is love, rest and peace in the light. Don't try and force it to leave as you will get the opposite effect. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: