You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Koffal's House

Real Ghost Stories

The Koffal's House

 

To start off I should probably tell you a little about my house.

My house is about 118-120 years old and was built by the original owners. When we first moved into the house in 2003, someone told my mum that the house was haunted by a teenager that hung herself on the front veranda of the house. At the time I was only 7 so hearing that really freaked me out.

Then about 2 years ago I found an old rusted milk can that had some initials on the front that said "H.E.Koffal". So I told my parents about it and they said to try searching the name on the internet, so I did. After searching for a few minutes, I found out that there was a book at my local library about my house and the first owners. So the next day after school, my mum took me to the library and we borrowed it out. I then found out that there is another ghost in our house. She was from the original family. She died in 1899 giving birth to twins in the room that is now my parent's room.

Now, I should probably tell you about some of the experiences I've had.

The first one that I can remember is when I was about 10. I had woken up at what I think was around 2:00am. When my eyes adjusted to the dark, I saw a full human figure floating above me. I froze completely. I was trying to close my eyes but I couldn't, it was like they were being held open. Then the figure started moving towards me and as it was moving closer I was slowly lying down, and then fell asleep. I think that ghost was the mother who died having the twins.

One experience I had wasn't actually one I saw with my eyes, it was in my dream. The dream started off with me in this old house that had completely collapsed. Then this door appeared. I recognized the door as the one that leads from our bathroom onto the veranda. I walked towards it and walked through it.

Once I walked through I was on the veranda. But the thing that got me was that it was completely clean and it one piece (it's all broken and falling apart now). I walked along and turned the corner, and got really scared. There were a whole bunch of people in old fashioned clothing. I slowly moved towards two women who were standing near the gate that lead to the stairs. Anyway, I walked over and introduced myself. We then had a conversation which I can't really remember. But I do remember asking where Marie was. (Marie is the name of the mother who died). One of the women said that she was inside, so I asked if I could see her and they told me not now. Then they said that they would show me around the property, so I went with them. Then I remember coming back to the house then one of the women said that when I come back they will show me more and tell me more.

What do you think that means? I have been curious about it for the past few years.

There is another one, but it's my mum's. One night it was just me and my older brother up because everyone else was in bed. I was watching TV and my brother was on the computer. It was all normal until my mum came running down the hall. My brother looked at me and said "Was that just mum?" and shrugged my shoulders and replied "i don't know, I'll go and check". So I got of the lounge and walked to the back door where I saw my mum leaning up against a pole. I walked up to her and asked if she was ok. She said that she felt like she was dying. I looked at her and she had her hands on her chest. Then I looked at her neck. There how hand marks on her throat, like someone had tried to strangle her. And they weren't my mums hand prints because the size was different. This has happened a few times to my mum and she has also had the feeling like someone else was in her body. I think the one who has been attacking my mum was the girl who hung herself.

Why do you think she is doing this?

I have also heard footsteps down the hallway and watched things being moved from the coffee table. We have also woken up to see that the dining table had been moved.

I will tell more stories another time.

I hope you like my stories.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RandomChic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Just had a sudden thought...

What if something was haunting the house before that girl moved in?
And what if that entity cause her to hang herself or participated in those events and has now found a similar connection with your mother and is trying the same thing?
It could still just be the girl showing someone how she felt and how she died and not mean anything bad by it but sometimes I've heard of people re-living someone's death in a dream or having similar experiences when awake only later to find out that someone died in that area in that particular way?

This is really creepy and just curious but are you still living there?

It's pretty amazing there's a book about your house I would love to read it also but at the same time I may have your address in it so i'm not too keen on that idea lol

Also 12 isn't that young to hear about this stuff a dream is a bit scary but some people grow up with this stuff and can accept it just like others accept from a young age that with good there is also bad - though of course the younger they are the less details you add in... If they are mature enough I think it is fine and from reading this story I don't see the stereotypical 'And like it was so scary! Omigoshhh!' stuff... This person is really articulate and seems to be very serious about this - I am glad to have read this experience and hope to read more (preferably in better circumstances where no one is being harmed)

Christine_Pandora
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Wow! That's really interesting that you could find so much history on the house! That really lends creedence to your story! I hope you haven't had any further trouble. Since I'm writing this a few months too late. I hope you've received a blessing on the house and that it worked. I just think it's pretty neat when people can find the actual history on their house.
nicole_scaredmother (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
Now, I don't know much about this, but the girl hanged herself by the neck; it would actually make sense if it was the ghost of the girl strangling your mother. It could be something else, like a demon, or some other malevolent being. I suggest finding a room with a strong presence in it, and ordering it to go away. If this makes it worse, then you should probably seek religious help, if you don't do that first.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
Miriam: Okay, I've read the story twice... If you were to read a little more carefully, you'd see that the poster is around 15 or 16, not 12... She doesn't mention her age, but they moved into the house in 2003 when she was 7, and it's now 2011, 8 years later...Also, she never mentioned that her Mom was dreaming... I think you misunderstood the first sentance of that paragraph: "There is another one, but it's my mum's" I believe to mean another event, not dream...

Randomchic: If your family is being bothered by these entities, I would suggest you and your Mom find a reputable medium to assist you in helping them move on...I'm not going to cry "demon", as it seems to me to be a spirit who's not happy, and needs to find closure... The occurances with your Mom may be the only way to get her attention...

Please keep us posted... 😊 ❤
Miriam (6 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
You guys should read her story again. She never said her Mother was attacked. She said she has dreams that she's been attacked. You can't possibly give any credence into what someone dreams. You also have to keep in mind that this author is only 12 years old. I believe what she says, and her story is certainly creepy but she is only a child, therefore she isn't able to do any of the things suggested, except for stay away from ouji boards, which is good advice. My concern is that her mother is telling her about her scary dreams and so on. Why does she do that RandomChic? Why does she include you in her search, example taking you to the library and discussing her scary dreams with you? I don't even talk about ghosts when my child is in the house much less tell her there's one in the house, my God! What could your mother be thinking?
CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
I always love a good haunted house storie! I love the idea that there are actually spirits lurking around because I can find out what their purpose for being there is. 😁
bhavyapattz (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
hey its pretty serious you should do something I am so agree with king don't use ouja board never. And if its offording get out from the house or cleaning and purifing the house would be good or let the ghost haunter investigate your house. Thanks for sharing
God bless you dear.
Kingfishahh (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
I love stories about haunted houses. This story is very creepy and pretty awesome. If the spirit is that hostile to actually grab your mom's neck, then that's pretty intense. Have you ever thought of sleep apnea though...? If it increases, you should definitely get some religious guidance; I pray when I want help in tough situations. Don't use an ouija board, it'll only make things worse. Though its usually not free, maybe you can look into getting a psychic to examine the house...? Thats only if the activity increases and you feel very threatened. Your story is pretty cool though, tell us what happens.:3
golden_swastika (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
That was scary!

Ghost trying to strangle...? That's really serious. I think you should leave the house temporarily and then seek help.

The saftey of your family comes first, Once you are sure your family is safe then the reason for the actions of these ghosts can be found out.

Also I strongly believe having a family prayer before going to sleep will help protect the family when they sleep.

Good luck 😊
cloey2919 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BRING A OUJI BOARD NOT UNLESS YOU WANT TO MAKE THE SPIRTS ANGRY!

But if I had markson my neck I would be out if that house! Maybe...
princessdarkness (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Yes follow KimSouthO's advice the spirits have gotton physical and it will only get worse.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
My advise would be to seek some spiritual guidance with this one. This 'thing (s) ' has gotten physical one more than one occasion with your mother; this is not anything to take lightly.

Place a cross in every room of your home. Pray. If this does not fall within your beliefs, please seek guidance of another form. There are good tips and instructions for blessing a home or cleansing a home on the internet.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: