You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Special Visit

Real Ghost Stories

A Special Visit

 

My mother passed away eight years ago due to a short battle with cancer. I was 22 years old. Naturally, I was devastated. I was angry that she left us so quickly and became deeply sad. I literally cried every single day for three months. Amazingly, I dreamed of her every night. The dreams helped me cope a little because I always dreamed she was comforting me in some sort of way. But I wanted to feel her near me.

One evening about three and half months after she passed I had a very hard night. My fiancé at the time had come over to visit and fell asleep on the love seat after dinner. I slipped out of the living room and went to bed in my room. I could not get my mom out of my head. I wept and wept for hours as I lay curled on my bed. Around 2 am I got up and went to sit on my front porch to get some air. I sat there alone for some time and listened to the stillness of the night. I looked up to the sky and told my mom how much I missed and needed her. I began to laugh a little as I remembered some funny moments we shared together. I started to feel a little better and decided to go back inside. I quietly went in, trying not to wake my fiancé and decided to lie on the sofa. I laid down facing the back of the couch. I believe I laid there, in the dark, for about 15 minutes when I heard a shuffle on the tile floor. I tensed up because I immediately recognized the sound. I realized they were footsteps as if someone was wearing house slippers. I began to feel a warm presence moving towards my back. I was still facing the back of the couch and could not bring myself to turn around! The only person who ever wore house slippers was my mom!

I was scared but excited at the same time because I knew those footsteps! I heard the shuffling come closer to me and I blurted out, "Mom, if that is you, please stop because you are scaring me!" As quickly as the shuffling began it stopped and I felt the warmth of the presence leave. I sat up and tried to peer into the darkness of the living room. I listened but the only thing I heard was my heart thumping. "Mom, was that you?" I whispered to myself. I got up and ran to turn on the light switch. The only one in the living room was my fiancé, passed out on the love seat.

After that night I began to feel better and my sadness began to lift. I feel she came to me because she knew I wanted to feel her close again. I am convinced my mom came to pay me a special visit and I truly believe it helped to ease the pain of losing her.

Other hauntings by lulusghosts79

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lulusghosts79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Emm_xoxo (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Lulu, this Is such a nice story:)
I'm so sorryto hear a about your mum, but I feel that because you got to feel her presense one last time were you both able to move on. I think she didn't want o leave you because your her little girl and she wouldn't want you to be upset.
Thanks for sharing xx
lulusghosts79 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
All the comments I have read so far are so moving. I really appreciate everyone's empathy and sheer interest in my experience. The connections we share with people are very strong and I am a firm believer that those bonds transcend time, space and even death.
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
ok I'm still not over this I had to ask my mom about this she studied (Parapsychology) which is a discipline that seeks to investigate the existence and causes and conditions of psychic abilities, near-death experiences, out-of-the-body experiences, crisis apparitions, retro-cognitions, reincarnation memories, regression memories, prophecy, astrology, ghosts and life after death. Parapsychological experiments have included the use of random number generators to test for evidence of precognition and psychokinesis with both human and animal (e.g. Cat) and Ganzfeld experiments to test for extrasensory perception.) that happen to her in 1988 when her dad which is my grandpa who is still alive today was gone to war for over a month without any news from him she swears that she felt him at night he came and put the balnket over her... Hope that would be useful

❤ ❤ ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
I am so sorry for your loss. Your story has me all choked up. I can't even imagine the pain you felt. I have no doubt that was your mom coming to reassure you that she was ok. ❤
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
that is just amaizing I'm going to kiss my mom now take care hun tnx for sharing
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Hi lulusghosts79, thanks for sharing this wonderful story. I's amazing how your moms' visit brought a kind of spiritual healing to ease your pain. Take care. Trix ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
A very touching story lulusghosts79, I believe that our passed love ones do come to us in dream form the reason for this I believe is that seeing them in real life spiritual form may be a bit to overwhelming for most people. Your mum obviously wanted to let you know that she is still and will always be watching over you. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
All that counts here is that you know it was her. That was such a lovely gift from your mother, and you did acknowledge her. That single moment, and the connection you two made will be yours forever.
I am so sorry for your loss, the close relationship you two shared is evident in the experience you're now sharing with us. Thank you so much for trusting us with something so dear.
❤ ❤ ❤
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
That's really lovely.

I used to have dreams about my brother after he died - in some it was like an alternate universe where things had happened a bit differently, or where he was in a place that we couldn't get to (like behind glass). I hear of so many other people having dreams like this that I wonder if they do come straight from those we love and have lost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: