You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Gentleman

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Gentleman

 

I guess I had better begin by saying that I do firmly believe in ghosts and the like, and I love hearing stories about them, but I never thought I would be subject to a haunting myself. Now that I am a young adult, I have been noticing a rise in the activity in my home.

I have a ghost in my house that I have named 'Smile' because he has a cute smile and he giggles a lot for a ghost of a twenty-year-old. I see a faint outline of him most of the time, but on occasion, like if I am busy working, I will see him in a solid form out of the corner of my eye. Smile follows me everywhere like a lost puppy and he makes sure I am always happy and safe. When I do get upset, he comforts me by playing games with me like hiding my 'Oliver Twist' book and my keys, or stroking my hair.

I never knew that Smile would go to such great lengths to make me feel good, until one night when I had two friends over. The three of us were piled on my bed watching movies until 1:00 in the morning when we all got tired. While the two of them took my bed, I got the floor and honestly, I did not mind.

At around three in the morning, my two friends screamed at me to wake up and when I finally obliged, I saw that they were both white as sheets and clammy. When I asked what had happened, they said that they saw someone at the edge of the bed glaring at them. They went on to say that they also felt someone trying to shake them awake, but no one was there. I tried to hide my laughter when they told me this because I knew that Smile was behind it.

When they left at around seven that morning, I sighed and saw Smile at the end of my bed looking quite proud of himself. I cannot stay mad at that cutie for too long, and soon, he apologized by helping me find one of my missing trinkets from my jewellery box.

I have been living with Smile for almost three years now and I have grown to love him like a member of the family and I think he feels the same way, because one day at school, he went a bit overboard trying to protect me. I had been studying in English and as I got up to get the phone for my teacher, a boy who sits next to me tripped me and I fell on my face, much to the pleasure of the rest of my peers.

Right at that moment, the boy yelped and jumped out of his seat rubbing his shoulders and looking very frightened. He said that he felt like someone had poured ice on his back. I smirked and thanked Smile in my head. As I did so, I heard a giggle. But so did the rest of my class, and they all began looking around for the source, only to find none of course.

To this day, I still love being with Smile and he has since apologized for terrorizing my friends and that boy in class, but he has left subtle hints that if anyone annoys me or hurts me, he'll be there to take care of them. I personally think he has a crush on me, but I cannot be sure. I also would like to know if it is normal for a ghost to be able to go everywhere with a person because Smile--as I said--follows me like a lost puppy.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you all enjoyed.

Love, TickTock.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TickTock, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PhantomDragon (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I think that's cool, he's like a ghost/guardian angel lol. I keep feeling a presense in my room, friendly, but I don't know if I'm just imagining it or not.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
hi tick tock, I have to say that I agree with miracles and most of the posters, just be careful of this smile, what will happen when you grow up and find a boyfriend or get a job, go out more with friends, will this make entity change being friendly and protective to you, to jealous to you and being a little over the top towards you, I would be careful, good luck keep us all posted thankyou for sharing. Di
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Aw, that's so sweet! You are also very lucky! Thanks for sharing!

-erin19 ❤
PyroGirl (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Wow, this story really made ME smile! (Sorry, couldn't help it...) I have a ghost that follows me around quite a bit, and really likes me. Try to be careful around boys, Smile might not like it too much!
With all due respect,
PyroGirl
lisaac64 (4 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
soooooooooo lucky I would do a lot to get a ghost friend it is like a imorrtal friend 😁
CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
TickTock,
I always love hearing a good ghost story and I personally think that yours is the real truth. You are very lucky to have a ghost friend that is very nice to you. I have always been interested in ghost hauntings and love going on ghost tours and stuff. If there is a lot of people that end up never believing your story, you should set up tours of your house so that Smile can prove himself to them. 😊
msroxiie (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
I'm very sorry to say this, but I don't believe this story:/ I don't know why but I just dont,... ❤ anyways... I liked it...
onix9009 (4 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
either you are an amazing story teller or you have just creeped me out I have seen a couple of ghosts in my life time but that is some scary S*** it would be sad for someone to come on here and make up bullShi* storys
arielsky- (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
That's so amazing.
I know you heard this MANY times before 😜 but, be careful with it. You're very lucky to have a damn ghost be your friend... And how does he look 😉 haha jk>:)
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Although your "friend" seems to be harmless I think it would be wise of you to distance yourself from him. If I were you I would do research, which I suggest to just about everyone whose stories I read. It may be a simple friendship right now but if "he" is "protecting" you then the attachment may become serious. I don't think that all ghostly encounters are evil but I do think that each one should be taken seriously. Please protect yourself and the people who surround you by putting some distance between the two of you and do your research you don't know who he was in life or what happened to him. That maybe important.
Good_Witch (1 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
TickTock, It sounds like "Smile" is a comfort to you now, but like others, I feel the need to caution you on his behavior. Maybe you need him at this time in your life because it sounds like your social life isn't all you want it to be with being picked on at school. This may cause you to rely on his protection rather than stand up for yourself. I am not trying to criticize you in any way - just trying to articulate how your story makes me feel. Smile's protection is welcome by you now, but as time goes by you may find a boyfriend or you may make new friends and not need him as much. This is when he may become angry. He is attached to you and may consider you to be his girlfriend or property for lack of a better word. I didn't read anything where he really went overboard in protecting you, but you may want to ask Smile not to scare your friends. (Like the ones sleeping in your bed.) Good luck to you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
hi ticktock
Thanks for getting back on this I'm glad you and smile have had words and got it sorted, other than being over protective I think you got a good thing going with smile and as long as he makes you happy that's the main thing. Enjoyed the post keep it up dated please 😊
TickTock (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
[at) Javelina: Yeah, Smile has hidden my hair brush twice this month and it is getting a bit tiresome.

[at]crs4142: I'll be sure to check it out.

[at] taz980: Oh, no no, I don't think you're preaching at all! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I do thank you for reading this. I have set rules with Smile and he seemed to understand.

[at] Petersspirit: Thanks. I get picked on all the time, but usually it's small things. That was just humiliating.

[at] doom: I can see where they get the idea, but really, it's no trouble.
doom (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
I don't think smiles is mentally challenged... Seriously, what the hell Miracles? So what if he giggles a lot. Why is everyone being so hard on this entity? I honestly don't understand.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Hello TickTock,

How great is it to have a spiritual friend looking after you! It was a God given thing that he stood up for you in class. Nobody should ever have someone fall for a joke. Just let him know who your friends are, he seems a bit jealous... Well, boys will be boys I guess, even in the after life. Nice sharing, good read!

Greetings,
Peter
PandasAreFun (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
I'm so happy that you have such a nice ghost or spirit 😁 Hope you and Smile's will become such good friends, more good then you're now. 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
hi ticktock firstly thanks for posting 😊
Now I will admit I have had to read this and go away to get my thoughts together 3 times now as there is something about this that did not sound right to me.
I am not in anyway saying it is fake I do think it is happening to you please let me put that first!

Now what I'm trying to say is I sometimes "feel" things that worry me or concern me and your story has done this to me, I know others have said be careful with smile but I would like to repeat this and also say that rules should be put into place NOW! So that he knows that being around is fine and your happy with him being there but I get the "feeling" that he could become a problem in your future if he is not calmed down.
Yes it might have been funny to know he wanted your friends out of your bed but you said you were ok with them using it, it was not right he frightened them like that when you gave them permition.

Im sorry if you think I'm preaching or being to forward with this but I have to say what I "feel" and obviously it is your choice what advice you take or reject from this site.
Thanks for reading this anyway,
Carl
crs4142 (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
TickTock,
I have had this experience... I haven't shared a story on here yet but I think I will do my first one relating to this one. Look me up... I'm going to name it "My Friend"
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Well, I do believe Miracles nailed it on this one! Right out of the gate too, not too shabby.
[at] TickTock,
It's always nice to read a story where the person discovering the spirit hasn't already gone screaming to anyone who'll listen that the ghosts are after them.
My mother had her spirit 'friends' that hung around her at home but weren't allowed to follow her anywhere outside the property. This was mainly to prevent any conflict with any at her workplace. We did have instances of them hiding things from her as a joke. The best one was her keys, and we had looked EVERYWHERE. (Fortunately for this spirit she wasn't in any hurry at the time) We eventually found them though, in a cup of water in the freezer...frozen!
😆 😆 😆
TickTock (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Thank you everyone for your comments and concern.

[at] Shamby: Yes, my father has heard Smile giggle many times. Usually when I get near people, Smile leaves me alone until they leave, then he comes back. He's never acted too aggressive towards people, but he does get upset if someone teases me.

[at] KimSouth0: No, there are no other things in the house. (Thankfully)

[at] cosmogal926: Sadly, I have no idea why he follows me or what happened to him. I wish I knew.

[at] Miracles51031: I have mostly male friends and he seems to tolerate them MUCH better than my two female friends.

Again, thank you everyone and I am setting ground rules with Smile now. He seems to understand.
HunterFaith96 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
How sweet! You know you often hear people say harsh things like, " ghost are badd"! And other mean things but I really think they are there for a reason! I loved your stor and it has made me think way diffrently about supernatural events hope to hear backk! God Bles=]
gothgirl (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
i don't know if this is weird,funny,sweet or just way out of the box freaky... Nice story though...just...weird...
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Basically I agree with all the other posters by saying be very cautious with this entity. Smile doesn't seem right to me... Any ordinary ghost/entity/haunting wouldn't become so fixated on you, fixated to the point where it is harming and scaring your friends. It is getting possessive and it sounds like it is escalating. You should try setting boundaries with Smile, saying its okay if he is there with you but he cannot hurt or scare anyone.

While this still seems like a human entity I would like to pose the idea that it is a non-human entity (demon or otherwise) trying to gain your trust. The reason that I think this is because of the behavior it exhibits towards your friends, this sends warning signs for me. Continue to watch his behavior not only toward you but toward people you're close to. I am not saying right out that this is a demon, so please don't misread this as such. I am simply posing the idea that it could be. Just be cautious and watch the behavior. It could also just be a human entity with a mental disability as you suggested, but you really need to be careful either way.

Out of curiosity does anyone in your house (family/roommates/etc) have experiences with Smile? Does he pick on them or treat them as he treats you? Do they not know he is there? Also, are there any other entities in your home?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
I agree with the others that you should be VERY cautious with this entity. That it has fixated itself on you is not necessarily a good thing. It has acted threatening toward your friends and sounds a lot like it doesn't want to share you with anyone.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
I would echo the sentiment to be careful in how you respond and react to Smile. It may be fun and okay now, but when you develop a more human attahcemnt, I am not so sure it will remain this way.

I am curious, are there any other 'subjects' in the house?

God Bless!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
I am also going to agree with Miracles. I don't know if it's the way you presented the story or how you described Smile, but something about him doesn't sit right with me. There is just a creepiness about him that could turn aggressive or even violent like Miracles said. Do you know anything else about Smile, like why he's following you or what happened to him?
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
im 100% agree with miracles1031... You need to be careful... I think (smile) before he died he has someone to take care off and be there for them cause ghosts are doing what they had do in life real life. You should go after his former life and find out his everyday life. Just so you know he has a crush on someone or he is just into you... Thanks for sharing
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+7
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
TickTock - from what you have said in your story, it sounds to me as if Smile might be mentally challenged. You said he giggles a lot for a 20-year old. Ghosts retain the same emotions and characteristics when they pass that they had when they were living.

I would suggest you be careful with Smile, okay? He's already developed an obvious crush on you and is defending you when he feels you need it.

When you start ignoring him, whether by having a boyfriend or even male friends, I am concerned things might change and Smile might become more aggressive.

Just watch his emotions and attitude closely, okay? If he is, indeed, mentally challenged at all, he's going to exhibit some clearly possessive behavior toward you. Right now you might think it's cute and nice to have a ghost around like that. But it can end very badly. Please be careful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: