You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Washroom Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Washroom Experiences

 

My present workplace is situated on the bank of the Demerara River. There are no known instances of ghosts or supernatural beings sightings that was ever mentioned to me nor did I ask anyone if they had ever experienced any sort of paranormal presence in the building.

I usually work late and quite often I'm the last to leave the building so naturally I tend to get a bit nervy and on edge after everyone is gone. I used to work in the bottom flat of the building but now I'm on the top flat near the washroom in question.

A few times I felt "something" and when I look in the direction of this something I would catch a glimpse of a shadow moving towards the washroom.

One time while doing my thing, it sounded and felt like a flock of birds descended on me when I looked up nothing was there. I also felt like air was gushing through an open crack blowing on the left side of my rib cage but there was no opening anywhere. This happened about 2:00 pm, while most people were at work.

Sometimes I would hear sounds like someone was listening to a radio but due to the location of the building, that someone would have had to be in the building just below the washroom. However, that room is just an empty store room.

Sometimes water would be flowing at the kitchen adjoining the washroom, when I look at the sink, it would stop then when I leave I would hear it running again. Sometimes I hear the water running in the pipes and when I turn on the tap - no water.

I'm not sure if these experiences can be counted among those "closer" encounters that I've seen in some stories but I would like someone to help me rationally explain some of these instances. Perhaps I missed something that was obvious...

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, guyinsane2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
I used to work at a Marriott hotel in downtown Cleveland, and one of my responsibilities was keeping the two public Mens rooms clean. More than once, while cleaning the counter, I'd catch movement in the mirror in front of me... Assuming it to be a guest, I'd turn to greet the visitor and encounter...nothing.

Once, I was in the Lobby Level Men's room, checking it out. It was a Sunday afternoon, the occupancy was very low, the restroom spotless-except for the very last stall, which was covered in muddy water and footprints.

As I headed for my cart to grab some supplies, it hit me-how'd the very last stall get dirty, without messing up something else?
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Geetha
My boss would probably think I'm crazy if I told him.

I asked about the radio playing a few times, thinking the guard probably had a radio he was listening to, some of the employees had puzzled looks on their faces - radio? Wtf is he talking about. So I just dropped it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
You mentioned that you didn't ask anyone about ghosts or anything paranormal. But were you able to talk to someone about what happened to you while you worked in building? How about your boss? If I were an employee and I started seeing these things I would talk to someone like my boss so that I don't go crazy.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Mirrors and water seem to be an attractant for spirits. Some cultures believe that spirits can travel through any reflective surfaces, so it makes sense that it would apply to both mirrors and water. Anyway, as simple as your experiences were, I think they were spooky! Thank you for sharing.
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
There are a lot of stories of washroom ghosts, so your building may just have one. Maybe it has to do with all the mirrors or running water, both are said to help spirits manifest or cross-over. Since it's not doing anything directly to you I would just ignore it for now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: