You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Apologised

Real Ghost Stories

It Apologised

 

I've always been interested in the supernatural, ever since I was a child. We would move around houses a lot so I would have all these imaginary friends. But because of this my parents wouldn't like the idea that I was talking to myself or things that weren't there. Not that I was crazy, but because I thought alive people were more scary then dead ones.

My name is Aaron, I'm 15 years old now and I'm still experiencing things that I cannot rule into the rational category.

I spent the weekend at my eldest sister's house because I was getting annoyed with the traffic outside my house; this is only because we live on a highway. I decided I needed some real rest. So I spent a few nights at my sisters house. At this point in time I had no idea what was going on at her house, but the minute I walked in I felt this weight on my shoulder.

During the day my sister would come out into the lounge room and we would watch television together with her two sons. (My two nephews.) But they were always playing games even when the television was on their favourite channel. The kids weren't watching anything so she put on 'Ghost Hunters International' this confused me because my sister used to tell me how she didn't believe in any of it. She told me about how she used to be a sceptic but then she went on some 'Ghost Tour'/'18+ at night ghost investigation' (where she and her friends would stay the night in some medical housings) in Beech worth, just a few hours away from where I live. So as we sat there her cat came up to me I let my arm fall down so I could pat him. He started nuzzling my arm. He jumped up on the couch and looked at me all calm, but then he looked behind me and his eyes went wide and he ran away. Something was telling me he was being antagonized by whatever he saw.

My older sister told me about how great the Ghost Tour was and that she needs to take me because she knows how I'm interested in 'the things that go bump in the night.' While she was explaining it she kept turning around in her chair. She told me "Ah, I just get the feeling that the cat is doing something behind me."

I pushed the worrying off me and continued to listen. While she was talking she dazed off into the hallway door behind me like she was pulling the same move as the cat was. I asked her what was going on and she told me "Still the cat." I guess that she didn't want me to worry about it.

Later that night her boyfriend took me and my two nephews to the shopping central to go do some grocery shopping, I was all up for it. We shopped; he bought the kids some toys. Being said they are kids and they're going to want to have at least something when they go shopping.

We came home and I noticed the doors and windows were all open. I asked my sister what she was doing when we were gone, she said she was just cooking and accidentally burnt the meal. But in my opinion, it smelt like burnt paper, or dried leaves. I then went into her room and noticed she had burnt sage and had obviously waved it all around the house. Now I knew what she was doing, because even though I felt scared just being in the house. Let alone being in a room by myself. I know sage is to ward off bad spirits and or energy or to "clean house/purify. I didn't make a scene about it in front of the children. I just asked her what she was really doing, and that to be honest. She said. "I feel energy that wasn't here before, and it wasn't the first time I had used sage in the house, Aaron. I don't feel scared about it; I just like to not have to worry about stuff."

Due to my insomnia I wouldn't be able to sleep until at least in the mornings, or when I could take small naps. I'd just spend nights on my laptop, reading stories I find on this website or a book in general.

On my first night I was sitting on the futon watching some television when I heard a crash from the kitchen. I figured it was just my sisters cat. I felt uneasy as it was so I reached my hand around the corner in hope to find the light switch. I felt it and switched the lights on; I walked in cautiously hoping to find the cat. But it was just a tin of milk powder on the ground. I cleaned it up and went back to watch television, but I heard it again. I left the light on so I didn't have this constant fear of something I couldn't see was looking at me. To my surprise, all the drawers and cupboards were open. I felt like I was being watched. So I shut all the cupboard doors and turned around. I felt like I was going to pass out I was just so terrified of what I was feeling, I looked across the kitchen bench and dining table into the laundry and saw a dark figure standing there; Really tall. There was no light on in the laundry but I could make that there was a figure in there. Slowly I backed into the refrigerator, scared as all hell. The kitchen light started flickering and I noticed this dark shape was moving closer to me. I was so frightened I couldn't even yell out for help. Even though I felt like it was not going to hurt me, but then my sister came in noticing the light was flickering from down the hallway. The second she walked in, threw the hallway into kitchen and took a glance at this thing. It disappeared and the lights stopped flickering.

My sister ran to me and noticed I was trembling. Now keep in mind this was the first time I had ever come face to face with something that felt that scary.

She sat me down and told me. "Things like this have been happening a lot recently, I don't know why but this thing keeps on appearing. But oddly we don't think it wants to hurt anyone, I think it just wants attention." I told her I understand, and that I shouldn't be afraid. I then continued watching television. But I couldn't shake the fear of being watched. I turned around to see it was standing there. But it seemed different. Not so... Scary. I think it was just pleased to know that it was being noticed. I heard it whisper something to me. It said "Sorry." Then disappeared.

Does anyone know how I can help the ghost?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Keiro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Keiro (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
I appreciate every bit of information you all have sent me. I'll keep this it all in mind, I can't help but thank you all enough. This was one of the most scariest experiences I've had, but it doesn't seem as terrifying as much now that I've had help from you all.

Thank you all again, and I'll be sure to keep you all posted. 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Keiro I'm surprised you actually heard it apologise and seen it all in one night, your lucky in a way, you and your sister do have a gift to able to hear and perceive this spirit it does seem to be wanting acknowledgement.

I am curious to know, what are your 2 nephews reaction around this do they sense anything or interact with it all? I have a feeling it may be attracted to them it could even be a passed loved one watching over them and the family? Just something else to think about! The EVP idea is probably a safer way to find out more details. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
concernedwiccan (16 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
try asking it to speak with you when you next see it.
Offer it some food drink and comraderie. If it truly wants attention as you believe it might become a good friend to you
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Keiro~ using a ouija board is a highly dangerous way to go about making contact with any spirit, the EVP is a much safer and reliable way to ask your spirit questions and listen back for the answers without any risk of any danger happening to you 😊 I agree it seems to be really want to be noticed and wants to get along with everyone.

Good luck with this and please keep us posted on any progress 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
A safer alternative to the board is try doing an EVP session. This will not open up any new doors but it will allow you to seek communication with what is already in your house.
Rabidren (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Please DON'T use an Ouija Board. I agree with Sarahmariacecilia, They can be REALLY dangerous.

You might end up getting the bad spirits, not the good ones.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
When I first saw your comment, nuz, I knew you were going to get a lot of flak for that. If you are going to tell people to use a Ouija Board, and then mention that there are ways to protect ones self before using said board, I would spell it out right here in the comments section. If you think there are ways to avoid getting into a lot of trouble while using the board, I would really like to hear your take on the situation.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Do NOT use an Ouija Board! Not trying to be rude, but really, please don't listen to nuz. Ouija boards are very dangerous. 😐

This comment from nuz is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
I'm glad that this ghost has the presence of mind to realize that spirits can be kind of scary to the living once in a while. That was nice that it apologized. I agree, it wants attention, so it is probably open to talking to you. Just a regular converstation, nothing fancy. Perhaps it would just like to live harmoniously with your sister in her house.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Try talking to it and see what it wants or how you can help. Use a audio recorder and ask questions. Maybe you'll find an answer or two.

Good luck and don't be afraid! If you start feeling scared, just remember, it was once a person just like you and me. It's probably just lost and needs help finding their way.

Keep me posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: