You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost In My Room?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Room?

 

First I'd like to say if this isn't actually anything then I'm sorry but I just want to know because I'm not sure. It really freaks me out.

The creepy things only started happening last year. I've always believed in ghosts and felt weird at times but nothing ever happened before. Firstly, it's my room where the most things happen. I always feel either very cold or very hot in there and I've always been slightly creeped out by it.

My sister also saw something. She was in her room when she saw a shadow of a hand on her wall when she was alone and me, my Mom and my Dad were all downstairs. There was nothing around that could have made that shadow and the light wasn't even shining in the right place to make a shadow appear where it did.

Also, my bedroom door faces out so when I'm in bed I can see my landing and the stairs, sometimes when I'm in bed I see things coming up the stairs or across the landing but when I look closer they disappear.

Another thing is, I always hear footsteps or creaks on my floor when I'm in bed and everyone else is asleep. Once I was lying in bed, reading, with my back to my door when I heard someone say my name, very clearly and right next to me. I looked around but no one was there.

The last thing that happens is I always feel something-even when I'm not at home- I feel hands brush my neck or my hand or shoulder and I look round and no one's there. Sometimes I just see a little glimpse of black but then nothing. Thank you please tell me if it means anything and sorry if it doesn't.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkMystery, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I sometimes hear my name being called too, but when I go and ask about who called me, I found out that no one did. It can either happen when I'm between being awake and asleep, as BlueTurtle says, or when I am absorbed in a book. I guess it depends on how much you are focusing on the book, and that, if it is just that perfect kind of story, you can get so engrossed in it that you enter a trancelike state, "hypnotized" by the words, if you will. This is just a suggestion, and I don't consider it to be paranormal, just a trick of the mind. Like that phantom cell phone vibrate some people get.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Some of these incidents are very interesting. As far as hearing someone say your name, that's actually quite common. I hear that sort of thing all the time and I believe they're called hypnogogic hallucinations, although they more commonly occur when you're halfway between awake and sleep. I don't know if that's the case then if you were up and reading. In any case, most of these happenings don't sound malevolent, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm not sure how old you are but it sounds as if you are quite freaked out over this. Do you live in an old house? Sometimes the creaks and noises can be explained by "an old house makes lots of noise". Even a newer house settles and makes noises.

I would guess that if you continue having these feelings, you may be sensitive to paranormal. But I would not jump to that conclusion right away. Keep a journal... When you have these feelings is it at a certain time, when you are alone, have you just watched a scary movie, etc. Look back in the journal and you should be able to come to a conclusion after that. Good luck.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
You won't participate in the discussion? So we can say whatever we want? Neat! At any rate, I think you may just be experiencing a bit of paranormal activity. It probably isn't that bad. Sometimes a few strange occurances don't at all equal a full fledged haunting. Maybe you've seen a couple of strange things, heard some strange noises; but I wouldn't let that get to you. Nothing bad has happened. You should be okay. You just have a bit of an ability to see beyond this physical realm. But not so it gets too scary. So that's good.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: