You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Man, Visions, And Whispers

Real Ghost Stories

White Man, Visions, And Whispers

 

I want to get straight to the story, or well, stories. So all I will say to introduce myself is, my name is Dillion. I am 14 and I am atheist.

To begin this: I was 4-7 and was alone in my room at my old house in Florida. I was doing the usual, laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. When all of the sudden I heard a voice. I turned to look at my wall and saw my great grandmother wearing an outfit I recognized from a picture my grandmother keeps. She spoke to me in a voice much like my grandmother's. I can't remember what she said other than "I have to go, be a good boy". I began banging on the wall yelling "Grandma don't go"! My Grandma ran into the room and began to hold me saying "I'm right here honey".

I have also seen a white man walking around the yard who looks like my Great Grandfather. Now to more recent events as in a week ago.

I was sitting in my gaming chair, gaming of course, and suddenly I felt a cold breath in my ear. It sounded like a whisper. Suddenly my neck and right side of my face got cold. I feel like I'm crazy. But yet I don't believe I am.

I've also had experiences at my friends house. For example: we were in his room listening to music, mainly songs that supposedly had satanic messages in them. We had just finished a song and suddenly my friend (we'll call him John) began hyperventilating. His eyes became completely bloodshot and he was bawling. I was scared. I was trying to stop him saying "John are you alright? Bro snap out of it"! Eventually he did and didn't remember anything, he hates talking about it now.

Also as another detail: My mother has played with a Ouija board before in my current home in Minnesota. But otherwise, I've never used one myself. But anyway, I guess when it comes down to it I just want to be told I'm not crazy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Munsterx3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Munsterx3,
My apologies also. Sometimes we get out of control around here. It's no excuse, we just lack the good manners to stop.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Munsterx3, I am truly sorry if this detracted from any aid/answers you may have been seeking. Some good advice can be found with-in these comments however.

Aussiedaz,

That respect is mutual. 😁 I do not mind good debate/discussion but an outright personal attack had to be addressed... But it was more than that... Look at all the snide 'aside' comments in a 'smear' style campaign and I do not have a clue as to the reason why.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
[at] Aussie,
OMG! That is too funny! I'll never look at a yawning man the same again!

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
That makes me feel better, we'll know who the bragger is, he'll be yawning every two minutes... πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
[at] Aussie,
Yeah, (lol) you kind of did, but if you're real nice, we'll let you cut in line to the front before they run out of your size! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
lmao...I set myself up for that one... Just hope there's a long line at the fig tree stall... πŸ˜†or I might hide behind a tree until midday... πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
PIP,
Butt in? I love it! Looks like good weather out in the west here. Maybe a little breezy, but not enough to blow the laundry off the line, if you catch my drift!

Jav
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Ahhh! I didn't see anything! *Hands over eyes*

❀ πŸ˜†

Sorry to butt in 😳
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Aussie,
Too late now! Aaah! What a good breeze will reveal! There's some fig leaves over in the corner if you're quick enough! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav

Of course we could turn this into a great Toga party!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Can someone point me to the cabbage pack stall this is really embarrassing on a cold winters morning... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Alright! Naked time! I'm thinking today is turning out to be a pretty good day!

Jav
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Well when in Rome do what the Romans do... Can anyone lend me a medium si... Large size cabbage leaf and point me to the nearest wall...it's not always like this Nysa sometimes we actually have some fun here... Especially when the fun police are off duty... 😜... Well Rook if your a supernatural superhero wear that badge with honour mate and I'm happy to be your sidekick... Actually I wouldn't mind getting away from playing the town drunk πŸ˜†... Rook you have my respect mate, I don't always agree with your views as I'm sure you don't always agree with mine and she'd be a boring old world if we all agreed with each other, but there is a clear distinction about the way we express that view and attacking you personally is disappointing to see from a member who has been here for some time... Not after an argument here just hope we can all get back to doing what we should be... Offering advise and encouraging those to share.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Nysa,

It is not normally this bad. This occasion however has been a result of a 'personal' attack by one of the posters... I have tried to take it to one of my experiences so that the distraction may be kept to a minimum, and that worked... To a point... The Ben Franklin comment was something I should have, and yet somehow couldn't resit. Please do not stop visiting because of what you see here.

Respectfully,

Rook
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
As a new user I am disappointed to see that the comments of stories are used for bickering & off topic discussions. My first impression of this site was that it would be rare.
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Gotta love that benjamin franklin! I prefer lengthy air baths too! Lol! Indoors or out doesn't matter! People put WAY too much stock in clothing... Just my personal opinion!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Moongrim,

I merely follow in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin and like him I prefer the term 'air bath'. Thank you for calling me Emperor, it does one's ego good to hear things like that.

Http://www.benfranklin300.org/etc_trivia.htm

About halfway down the page is a quote from a letter he wrote to a French Doctor:

He wrote to the French physician, Jacques Barbeu-Dubourg, describing it thus: "I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing."

Respectfully,

Rook
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Moongrim,

Not to add to the shark attack going on against you right now (and deservedly for some of your back-handed comments), I just wanted to add that atheists can be every bit as militant as theists in trying to prove their point. I have been there myself. Unfortunately, when someone believes in something very deeply and someone tries to tell them differently, it makes the individual go on the defensive. And when it comes to beliefs, the general human response is to form the best defense--a good offense. While I can understand where both sides are coming from, the fact of the matter is both sides will continue to vehemently fight each other until the end of time. Theists will most likely never be atheists unless they have a personal reason to change their views, and vice-versa. The best that we can do is try to respect each other's belief systems even if we think it is stupid or does not make sense. You can poo poo at people's beliefs all you want, but the fact that we can prove nothing either way just means that you are putting your speculations, however founded in logic they may be, above someone else's. When in reality we may all be very wrong.

As far as the whole atheists in court against theists, some cases are just ridiculous, but I can understand some of the arguments. America for example is supposed to be a country with a firm separation between church and state, but it is not so. Take the "In God We Trust" statement on the currency. That is a RELIGIOUS thing to say, and affects the separation of church and state because it discriminates against atheists. For people that disagree with that, imagine how you would feel if the dollar said "In God We Do Not Believe". Wouldn't you be offended if that was the message your country sent? These days politicians (though my opinions on them are not very high to begin with, but still) have no chance at office unless they are constantly praising God to the American populace and attend a Christian church of some kind regularly. Chances are you will never see an atheist president, simply because most of them have no choice but to appeal to the theists or else lose their position in office.

To me, that completely defies the equality that this country stands for. That is the fight that atheists fight in court, not so much that all images in the world of God should be squashed. I think it is more that it should be separated from the professional and political inner-workings of our system. Religion is a very personal thing, and whereas I support religious communities that want to practice with each other and uplift each other with prayers and shared beliefs, I do not think that should be a mandatory part of our judicial system, currency or political office. It forces the misrepresentation that all Americans believe in God, and that is obviously inaccurate.

Just a thought...
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Moongrim. You are quite unpleasant. Now you have even used this comment panel as a stage for one of your personal arguments. This is incredibly immature, and you are doing a nice job of fouling the professional atmosphere that this website is supposed to have. I politely ask that you go vent your middle-aged anger elsewhere. It is giving me a rash.

Munsterx3. You certainly had some interesting experiences. My great grandmother died when I was two, and I would love to have had the chance to get to know her. Take heart in the fact that yours is watching over you. And that hyperventilating thing is pretty spooky, that is if it was paranormal. I do hope your friend doesn't have some health problem that he is currently unaware of.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Munsterx3,
Thank you for the reply. I'm happy that he hasn't had any more episodes. Now, have you had any odd experiences lately? When was the last time you saw either of your grandparents?

Jav

This comment from Moongrim is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from Moongrim is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Olivia,

I don't think anything you have ever posted is credible, and I hope you can grow up to be less of a hateful, judgemental person. I really do.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Wow, that's not offensive or ignorant at all, Olivia1234. Why are you on this site? To perpetuate hatred and instill within all of us the fact that you are a complete moron?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I don't think you are crazy. There are many possibilities that range from visitation from the afterlife to an active imagination & everything in between.

You include some unusual details that I am curious about. 1 you introduce yourself as atheist, do you feel that has some bearing on what is happening or simply wish to let people know that you won't believe any explanations that stem from a theological system? 2 you mention that you were listening to songs with mostly satanic lyrics, again, do you feel this is a factor in the strange occurance? That seems a strange belief for an antheist. 3 you also mention that your mother has used a ouija board in your house, do you feel that a board game produced in the same factory as thousands of other boards games that nobody has claimed brought evil into their lives is somehow imbuded with evil, or that your mother simply "opened a door" by initiating contact with spirits?

"We" (the people on this site) can only make guesses as to what is going on, though some are perhaps more educated guesses than others as some people here seem to have a good deal of experience. Only you are experiencing these things & only you can make sense of them in a way that will satisfy you. The best way to figure it out is to ask yourself questions, educate yourself on the theories that are out there & decide what both fits best & makes sense. Again, don't worry about being "crazy," millions of people see things they can't really explain & are not crazy by any definition of the term.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Moongrim,

Please follow this link. I ask just in case my comments aren't visible the next time you sign on...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020

I've said a couple of things, but I'm not going to detract from any answers/aid that the O/P here is seeking...

Respectfully,

Rook
Munsterx3 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Jav, sorry I took so long to reply but no what happened to him hasn't happened again.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
munsterx3 ok your not crazy! Fell better? Now you know that there are spirits out there and they can visit you from time to time.

Now then your friend has he been checked out by a doctor? If not get him to see one.

When I was your age (oh so long ago now lol) I knew I did not believe in any kind of god, devil or whatever but I can honestly say that I know a young person like yourself will be full of curiousity. So I'm not that surprised when you say you were looking to find hidden words or messages on records.
I know a lad who did the same thing only thing he found was that a record and the needle on the record player are really expencive to replace after!
Plus there is nothing on a carpenters record!
His mum went crazy at him for "looking" and a month of no tv was bad for him to deal with!

[at] moongrim so I'm gullible am i? Yes I'm an atheist too
Sorry but I have to dissagree.
There have been a lot of things on here that someone gullible would have fallen for but wow! I managed to see the fact that it was not all true! Go figure.
Indigo (263 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Hi munster!
I'd like to just clue you in on a secret that you'll learn with age, anyway. It doesn't matter what religion you are... You can still 'see'. It doesn't matter what race, social standing, political party, age, sex, hair color, eye color, style of clothing you wear, food you eat, cologne you choose, education, body shape, hobbies...lol, nothing can change the fact that you see. Mentally ill people also see, and if you don't believe that one, ask any adult that has heard a schizophrenic person speaking to the dead via a phone that doesn't operate. I'm not saying you're crazy. The fact that you question your own sanity at your age is quite normal.

What I AM saying is: no. I don't believe that you've experienced anything with your friends and satanic music hoo-haa that is paranormal. I DO believe you can see! You need to work on the positive aspects of being able to SEE more. Focus only on positive until you gain control over when you see and what you see. Focus not on petty people or petty things, and you will find those things easily enough, like everything in nature there is both positive and negative.

There is a legend about a grandfather telling his grandson that there were two wolves inside himself. One black, very horrible in nature. Mean, angry, focused only on bad things. The other was white, loving, peaceful, happy, focused only on good things. The grandfather said that both wolves were always hungry and fighting. The grandson asked "grandfather, which wolf wins?". The grandfather said "the wolf I feed the most.".

Walk in beauty ALWAYS.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
[at] bacchaegrl,
Wait! Wait! Wait! I take it back!
I just reread your post and boy did I miscalculate what was said the first time I went by! Sorry kiddo!

You are brilliant! And I, for one, applaud you!

Jav ❀ 😊 ❀
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Hi Munster,

I would like to make several comments and I don't wish to sound too harsh but I must be honest. First off, I think you are quite young... 14 years old to be so certain of your religious beliefs. As you stated, " I am 14 and I am atheist." It seems to me that you have been visited by the spirits of your grandparents and maybe that is why. They may be trying to let you know something that could change the path you choose in life.

I do not think that you are crazy. You have witnessed something beautiful, if you saw your grandparents. I was actually about your age when I saw my Uncle, who I didn't know had just passed away recently. It totally turned my life around. I knew at that moment that we do not just "die" when we pass. That we still have a connection to our loved ones who remain.

The thing with your buddy... I don't know. Kids at 14 do tend to "goof off" or play with eachother. Not saying that it was nothing, but very well could have been. Best of luck to you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: