You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 1894 Elm St.

Real Ghost Stories

1894 Elm St.

 

My unexplained experiences at 1894 Elm St.

*My room was in the basement, and my first night sleeping there one corner of the room was darker than the rest of the room. It looked as if a dark figured shadowed just stood there. So I turned on the TV and went to sleep with it on. I was 16 years old.

*The creepy feeling of being watched and a heavy feeling was always present the entire time I lived there. At night I was always the last to go to sleep, being in the basement I could here all the movement upstairs (wooden floors). I would run up to see who was still up, only to find everyone still sound asleep. This happened quite frequently.

*One day my dad and I were home by ourselves and everyone had gone out shopping. My dad was upstairs watching TV and I was in my room in the basement using my computer. My door knob rattled and turned as if someone was trying to get in. Thinking it was my sister I yelled "What! It's locked" Hearing no response I ran to open the door, no one was there. Now thinking my dumb sister was trying to scare me I went to the bathroom and laundry room to check if she was hiding. Finding no one, I ran up stairs to see if there was any one else home; I only found my father still watching TV. I asked him if anyone had come home and he said no one did.

*My final and most creepy experience I ever had there was coming home from school. As I was driving up the driveway, someone peeked out the window at me. It was a dark figure who had brushed the shades to the side with their hand and looked out at me. I thought it was my mom or dad who were back early. Being lazy I went and knocked on the door and tried to open it expecting it to be unlocked already, but it wasn't. I finally got fed up and used my key to open the door.

I went in and was pretty mad that they didn't open the door for me and was yelling why they didn't open the door for me. There was no response so I went around the house looking to see who it could have been looking at me through the window. I found no one and finally went to the backyard to see if someone had broken into our house only to find my brother and sister who were locked out and trying to get in because they had forgotten their keys. I asked them if they had seen anyone come out and they said no. I asked them if they were inside the house they said no. Then I said who was the person inside the house then. That's when both of them freaked out too.

Living there, those were my only experiences, but my mom and everyone of my siblings had a experience they couldn't explain.

Other hauntings by phear_xiong

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phear_xiong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GABSSoldier (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
That is a very interesting experience at lease you get a base ment to your self;P
Kxiong123 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
If your a shaman family, have a shaman take a look inside your home
DRDd (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
That's freaky. Did your siblings ever see or hear anything?
AyAsantex33 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Woooow that last part was creepy:O do you still live there? Did you ever find out what exactly was that thing?
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
Somehow this makes me think of Nightmare on Elm Street. But I agree with the others, it might be trying to get your attention. 😕
phear_xiong (3 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
[at] Champion, Well my mom swears when we are all at school and my dads at work that she hears people talking in my brothers room. And when my baby nieces and nephews came over they were always afraid of his room too. My dad being as hard headed and stubborn as he was freaked out one night when he swore I came into the bathroom after him... Just a lot of weird stuff.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
phear_xiong: I had a major case of Deja Vu when you explained how you had seen someone peek at you when you pulled up to your home. I have read of many, many cases when people have seen the exact same thing when they are pulling up there driveway or walking up to the front door. I think they do it to get your attention and as in the experiences that you have explained this is all it seemed to have wanted. Understandably still frightning to experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
phear_xiong,
That was very frightening. I must ask though, did you call the police? Just in case it was an intruder possibly hiding somewhere inside?

Jav
Indigo (263 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
1,2, freddy's coming for you
3,4 you better lock your door
5,6 grab your crucifix
7,8, stay up late
9, 10, never sleep again

Sorry guys. Couldn't resist!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-26)
agree with looney85 and dragonstorm80 check the house history if you can and please get back with any information 😊
And as freddy says "every town has an elm st" (part 6 freddys dead, talking to katherine) ok huge fan of the movies lol
Carl
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-26)
I am curious about the history of the house too, it would be interesting to see if you could find out more.

Amd yeah I was expecting a bad dream krueger style story too 😆
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-26)
Phear_xiong thanks for sharing your experiences! The name alone drag me in (im a huge fan of Freddy Kruger) lol.

Did you ever find out why this would happen, maybe the history of the house?

Please keep us posted.

Looney 😊
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-26)
phear_xiong-it sounds like something trying to get your attention but it never harmed you. What are some of the things everyone else experienced and were they worse than yours?

Champion

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: