You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadow In Middle Of Lit Room?

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadow In Middle Of Lit Room?

 

A few months back I was having a conversation with my father about my grandma in my parents room. All of the lights were on, and the three dogs were lounging around the bed. Mid conversation, I saw a black semi-transparent figure about 5'10" in height walk by and trace the perimeter of the bed to the other side. It lasted about 2 solid seconds, and at the very same time I saw it, my father looked up to watch it and my dog who is fairly blind from diabetes, went after it barking and snarling. It was located in the middle of the room, and appeared no different than a person would. Definitely the clearest unexplained sighting I have ever experienced. A shadow would have appeared on a wall or on the floor. By far the most interesting thing about this sighting is that it was clear as anything and in a very well lit room.

I looked at my father immediately after it had dissapeared and said "what was that"? He said "I don't know and I don't want to talk about it". We talk about it all the time, but it definitely freaked him out. Wish my mom wasn't reading her book in the corner, because she would have seen it heading right for her where the dog dodged.

I am trying to get a little insight into what I saw. My friend offers religious explanations and beleives it's a demon, but I don't know. I am open minded and definitely a bit intrigued. I have had some very weird occurences take place in my lifetime, but this is by far the most intersting.

If anybody has any advice, opinions, similar experiences to what I saw, I would be interested in seeing what you have to say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, motogold9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
motogold,

You stated:

" I saw a black semi-transparent figure about 5'10" in height walk by and trace the perimeter of the bed to the other side."

Now that you have written this down and had time to think about it do you recall any other details?

Was this figure just 'human shaped' or were there details visable like 'clothes'? (If so were they Modern or something older?)

Could you tell if it was male or female?

Was there a smell that seemed to accompany seeing this? (I ask becasue of how the dog reacted...)

Any other things you may remember can go a long way to helping figure out what you and your Father saw. If he's up to discussing it, ask your Dad if he remmebers anything else about this experience.

Thank you for Shareing. Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
cidf (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
Hi there,
That would have been an entity. As it appeared to be human form but a shadow I would guess it is the "shadow men". These are a type of entity. I have heard they can also be seen to be wearing old fashioned hats though I have not seen this. Most entities including these will try to frighten humans. The purpose of doing this is that they will then feed off of your fear, which makes them stronger. If you do not fear them and you also ignore them, they will stop bothering you. Without fear they are powerless. By fearing you give them power over you. They are not be feared.:)
Hope this helps:)
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Advice? Not much.

Similiar experiences? A wee bit:

Http://home.comcast.net/~shadowpeopleorg/shadowpeople.html

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: