You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In Our House

 

Hello, I randomly came across this site and thought I'd share my own personal experience. I never beleived that ghosts were real, I'd never experienced anything before. My family moved into a new bigger house around 4 years ago, now I do believe in ghosts.

It started around 3 years ago. As I laid in bed, I'd hear footsteps walk into my room on the wood floor right up next to me (my bed was at the other end of the room) and back again. This happened almost every night. I told my mother about it and she didn't really take much notice. So in my mind I blamed the pipework or anything I could think of but knew, really, that it was something beyond that. It always felt like someone was watching me. I used to face the wall and put the covers over my head until I fell asleep and just cancled out the noise.

I convinced my mother to move me to the front room downstairs. It seemed fine; no footsteps or any noises at all. I have a husky (bigger then the average husky) which slept at the bottom of my bed every night. I got woken up in the middle of the night, as my bed seemed to be shaking. I assumed it was my dog scratching its ear or something because of his size. I sat up and the dog was asleep! I then faced the wall completley terrified, I couldn't even move (would like to know what other people would do in that situation). It stopped after around 2 minutes I still remember telling my mother, "my bed was rocking last night on its own" and she replied and I quote, "Oh did it love". But my sister was hearing footsteps in my old room like I was and she felt like someone was watching her, too, so was suprised she didn't seem to believe me.

Not long after my mother heard voices in her room when my baby sister was crying during the night. "Be Quiet" was repeated on different occasions. Then my dad, who thought we were all basically being stupid because he was a bouncer and was pretty "tough", heard this voice whisper to him which my mother also heard. He jumped up and checked under the bed and to see if the window was open (it wasnt).

We then got a psychic in and she told us to remove our front door knocker (an old fox knocker, quite a scarey knocker...) and put signs up all around the house which we did. We never heard anything since.

Its not the best story as I'm not the best at describing things, but now I do know they are real and can honestly say I was terrified.

Thank you for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RhysThomas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I would do the complete oposite to what you did. When I get scared I look around everywhere (usually with the light on) and don't dare turn my back on any part of the room. I know that's a bit strange but I like to keep an eye on things when I feel nervous.

Anyway what kind of sign did you have to put all over your house? I'm just curious because I've never heard of anyone doing that before.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
RhysThomas,
This is the first time I've heard about putting up signs all over, but hey!, if it works, who am I to question it?
It's obvious that whatever it was it was trying to get your attention badly.
Thank you for sharing!

Jav 😊
rebskp (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
Hey there,

Just wondering what you did after you stared at the wall for 2mins and why the wall? Just curious. I honestly believe your story. Also when the activity happens does your dog seem to change? Like go from very happy to very defensive? Animals have a way of sensing things. Thanks for the story:)

-Rebskp
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
I know it's not what you mean, but I am picturing these hand made signs on posterboard that say "GO AWAY GHOST!" all over your yard. It's too funny.

Seriously though, did the footsteps happen just once each night or over & over again each night? And was it at the same time each night?
hetha (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
hi your story is very intruiging to me... I am still in my teens and this still happens to me in the house I have lived in all my life... Except it dosn't come into my room... My big sister also hears it, it moves around the house at night and it makes and awful amount of noise... But for some strange reason my little sister and my parents can't hear it...? If you can please tell me what type of signs you put up that might help us thank you 😕
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Hi:

I believe you whole-heartedly because this very same thing happened to me for quite awhile when I was young. Every night I would hear "someone" tip-toe into my room and I could feel this "someone" watching me only to very shortly, turn around and walk away. I believe this was a spirit guide or guardian. I believe that we all have them, and more than one.

I think the "be quiet" voice might be a totally different entity. I'm curious... What kind of signs were you instructed to put up around your house? That seems quite ludicrous to me.

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: