You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Tennesse Ghost Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Tennesse Ghost Story

 

About a couple months ago on the beautiful summer night of August 16, 2011 my aunt, uncle, cousins and I headed out for a long drive from New York to the Great Smokey Moutains located in Tennessee. I was excited because this was my first vacation away from my parents and my sister who I spend most of my time with. When we arrived at the place we were staying there was an unusual look about this place. It looked old and ancient from the outside, but the inside was renovated so it looked rather fancy. Though as soon as I stepped in the house I got a cold shiver down my spine, I had an adrenaline rush, and I knew something was wrong about this place, it was a sense of evil. I hadn't told anyone what I had felt, I just tried to ignore the feeling, but it was clung to the back of my mind.

That same night I and my cousin came in from the pool and we rushed to the room to change. My cousin had finished dressing and went to the kitchen for dinner while I was still in the room doing my hair. At that moment when I was looking in the mirror I saw this figure moving behind me, for a second I thought I was seeing things, but I sure wasn't. It was a tall dark figure and it looked as if it were wearing a black hood over its head. I got so scared that I was literally stuck in the moment, I didn't know what to do I just froze in place, praying in my mind to be okay. I remember clearly the figure was standing by my bed watching me for about a minute or so and then it walked to the window and vanished through there. After that I opened the door and walked quickly out the room into the kitchen with the others. Once again I didn't tell anyone anything because I didn't want to scare anyone.

Three days passed and everything was going well, but that same figure was in my mind non-stop. It wasn't until the night of August 20 where everyone was asleep and all of a sudden I heard a huge clash as if a whole bunch of dishes had fallen and broken. I jumped up and carefully walked out, it was pitch black my heart was telling me to go back, but in my mind something was telling me to go. I went in the kitchen and as soon as I stepped in something sharp fell on my foot I began to cry out in pain and my aunt rushed to the kitchen and turned on the light, and when she did there was a big slash across my ankle. I could remember the pain, I felt like I was dying. My aunt was in shock and she wondered what could have caused it, there were no knives around and nothing sharp was on the floor. That's when I began to feel a strong pain starting on my waist working its way up to my neck. I felt like someone was strangling me, trying to suffocate me. I was struggling for breath, kicking my legs and arms for help. My aunt, uncle, and cousins rushed out all trying to help, but could not figure out what was happening and neither could I.

My uncle never believed in ghosts so he insisted it was just my "imagination" and I was just "homesick". I didn't want to argue so I just held my tears and fear in and walked in my room and laid down, all night I couldn't sleep. It was about 4:00 a.m. The next morning when my eyes finally closed. I fell into a deep sleep and I dreamed of a man wearing a black mask on his face and he was choking me and trying to kill me. I remember he was telling me that he hates me and for me to leave his house. There was more to the dream, but I don't remember it too clearly.

The next morning August 21 I woke up and laid in bed and thought about the dream, I tried to make myself believe that it was just a bad dream and that it didn't mean anything, but I definately knew it meant the worst. When I took off my shirt to take a shower, I looked into the bathroom mirror and saw scratches all over my stomach and back, my eyes could not believe it! I was becoming so paranoid from that moment, it wasn't a vacation anymore it was more like a nightmare I was dying to wake up from.

I quickly ran to my aunt and uncle and showed them what had happened, I saw the looks on their faces and I knew that they knew there was something going on but they didn't want to scare me so they didn't say anything, all they said was "Don't worry everything's going to be fine just keep God in your prayers and he'll protect you." I took their words and walked away.

Later that night when we had come home from a long but fun at an amusment park I was getting ready for another horrifying night, at that point I was just waiting for this so called vacation to end. As I was laying down texting my sister telling her about all that was happening I couldn't help but hear my aunt and uncle talking, I remember my uncle saying, "There's something in here bothering her and its not good, I'm starting not to have good feelings about this place." After that my aunt added, "I think it's an evil spirit."

Then my mind went blank, I had horrible feelings I even felt like committing sucicide, but I told myself to stay strong. Just then, my lamp next to me began going on and off I turned my head and ran straight out the room. Five minutes later I came back in with my aunt and saw that the lamp had gone out completely, surprisingly when my aunt tapped it, it turned back on. So I forced my eyes to shut just so I could get a little sleep.

While I was sleeping I heard a loud bang in my room, I jumped up and turned on the lamp and I saw my iron and all my hair products was on the floor splattered everywhere. At that moment I had a feeling as if someone or something was watching me, I heard a loud sound of breathing near my ear. My palms got sweaty, my head began to spin, and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I got up and went to sleep on the couch outside and before I knew it, it was morning. I woke up and ran to the mirror to check for scratches and I saw a huge cut about four inches down the middle of my stomach, this one was deeper than the rest. I started crying, I didn't know what to do all I wanted to do was go home and sure enough that's what we did. The vacation indeed ended early. That same night we packed up our stuff and got in the car.

As I walked out the house I turned around one last time looking in the house of terror the house I would never forget, and I screamed aloud, "I hate you!" and I swear I heard a deep voice a man whisper back, "I hate you to." As we drove away tears rolled down my cheeks I didn't know exactly what I was feeling, but they were tears.

When I arrived back in New York everything seemed perfect again, I went about my life and did what I have to do, nothing never bothered me again. Even to today I still wonder what it really was and why did it only want me to leave the house when there were five others in the house along with me. I often think of that vacation and say to myself how lucky I am to go through all that and still be here today. When I tell people this story, chills run down my spine and the hairs on my arms stand up straight as they are right at this moment as I'm writing this.

I truly believe in people when they say, "Once the door to the unknown is open, it can never be closed." This is a true story one that I will tell my children and grandchildren, but for now I hoped you enjoyed it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nesha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
Let me start by saying that I believe you.

I also want to say some of the things you describe are classic symptoms of a panic attack.

This part "I felt like I was dying. My aunt was in shock and she wondered what could have caused it, there were no knives around and nothing sharp was on the floor. That's when I began to feel a strong pain starting on my waist working its way up to my neck. I felt like someone was strangling me, trying to suffocate me. I was struggling for breath, kicking my legs and arms for help. "

As well as this part "I heard a loud sound of breathing near my ear. My palms got sweaty, my head began to spin, and my heart was pounding out of my chest."

Panic attacks are terrible, and could easily have been set off by something frightening. I just wanted to share that with you - perhaps it might help.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
Nesha: I can understand why you were frightened that is quite out there to actually experience physical cuts and scratching that is something quite strong and negative, I wouldn't go all the way by saying it was demonic but something rather malevolent to say the least. Glad that you did cut the vacation short, was anything ever experienced by your relatives whilst there? Would be interesting to find out the history of the home and the land.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ARCHANGELTAM (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
Wow that's really something, I'm glad that your okay and everything is alright now. That's some experience you got there, thanks for posting it it's a really interesting story and it gives me an idea how dangerous things from the "other world" can do to us.

God bless 😊
Molicey (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
The only explanation I can come up with regarding why the spirit only attacked you is probably because you are more sensitive to these things and it probably sensed that you can feel its presence so that's why you were targeted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: