You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Golden Demon Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Golden Demon Dog

 

When I was 21 (I am now 28). I had gone from the south island, to the north island of New Zealand to visit my father and my brother who lived in the city Auckland. My brother was living with some flatmates about half an hours drive from my fathers house, where I spent my days, and slept at Dads at night.

One night when I had gone to sleep as usual, at about 4-5am I awoke to the sound of a dog snarling. I turned to the far wall next to me and saw two eyes like burning embers walk through the wall and with them a "BIG" heavily gold armoured dog. The gold armor looked like the skin of a rhino, but it was gold. The snarling was neverending and sounded terrifying. By now I was wide awake, aware and wondering what on earth I was seeing. The demon dogs eyes burned into mine as it made heavy strides toward me. Its mouth was lined with sharp teeth and drool was pouring out of its mouth.

I tried to call for my father but only whimpers would come out of my mouth. The demon approached my bed and mounted the side with his two front legs. Under the weight of this beast I rolled toward him as the bed leaned under his heavy frame. I tried to push him away but as soon as I got my hand close to him a bolt of fear struck through my body and I was paralysed with fear. I continued to try to call for help but it was useless. The demon lowered its jaws to my ear and growled at me for close to 30 seconds and then faded away. I lay there on my back, terrified, until the sunrise.

Everybody I told said it was a dream or my imagination. But I say it wasn't, it was real. I don't care what people think because I know what I've seen before and after this event. I have had many other experiences, but this one was by far the most fear I have ever felt. I no longer give in to fear so these things happen much less.

Other hauntings by TIGERKING

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TIGERKING, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Omega-Star (3 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Tiger King

I feel bad that people on this type of site would treat you this way. This kind of experience in not limited to yourself. I have heard of many other similar occurances.

To the rest of you, you should be ashamed of yourselves! This person is obviously not a bad person, yet you treated him like one. Instead of insulting him you could have tried helping him.
textbud13 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
when you said it was a growling golden dog it remined me of my aunties chawhawa (can't spell sorry) in Wanganui because it was golden and loves to growl my auntie is the only one not againest it but I'm glad this dog is alive I honestly do hope these experiences will stop completely best wishs to you 😁 😁
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Oh I have had something kind of like that happen to me! I was in bed a a person spoke to me, and then know one believed me! Hope you have better luck than I have in telling the story's 😊
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Hi Tigerking. First off, this story does sound amazing and I hope that you have no future encounters with giant, golden, armored dogs.

Second, I just wanted to say that we all, on this community, are here to support one another and give our two cents about experiences based on our own personal or professional expertise. Not all of us are professionals and not all of us have had the required experience to be called experts. We're just here to try and help. In no way have I ever read someone commenting that they know ALL there is to know about anything. What is so wrong about giving some advice, as long as it's constructive and tone-free? Not everyone is a drone; they believe in what they want to believe, that's the beauty of the 'belief system'. I can't tell you what you want to believe and I wouldn't expect you to do the same.

You say that what people want to educate themselves in is polluting their brains...what's so wrong with wanting to learn something? Especially if that something may prove useful to someone on this site who's looking for help? That doesn't make the commentor 'better than them' just because they go looking for a possible answer to a problem.

It sounds almost like you have a problem with society in general, not just the people on these forums. When you mentioned painted nails and dyed hair, that led me to believe that you're bringing in unneeded hatred to this site. I'm not going to go into the problems of society at large, and it's not needed here.

What you mention are not concrete facts, they are your beliefs. And I have faith that you will take your beliefs elsewhere.
LondonLady (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
sorry to have just dropped by here, (but I feel compelled to comment,) after reading your accounts and responses; I am really finding it very hard to believe you are a 28 year old adult? (seriously) I really do not intend to be rude but your use of language and certain phrases is very poor and childlike... Whether or not anyone believes your accounts, is not for myself to comment or judge; this site enables freedom of speech and an open imagination. The comments section is for questions, views and answers... I hope you are happy in your life and with yourself, your experiences are very troubling indeed.

Diane
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
hahahaha!granny you crack me up! And I'm at work! Big no no! Got quite a few weird stares! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Hi TIGERKING:

Interesting story and would be quite terrifying, I'm sure. One thing bothered me; you stated that "I don't care what people think because I know what I've seen before and after this event." That comes across as a little defensive and angry. Sorry. But I wonder why even tell your story then? Not to come down hard on you but I come to this site to tell my paranormal experiences and to hear what people "have to say about them." I like to read about other people's experiences and some of them I have been through before. It is kind of a "reassurance" of sorts. It is somewhat comforting and educating to me. I would never tell my experiences and then state, "I don't care what people think." If that were the case, I wouldn't tell my stories. Just saying.

Zeta.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Zzsgranny your comment made me laugh so hard! Haha thank you for that:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Granny,

Please, Please, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE, let him respond to what I have posted here on his STORY... He asked me to, so I did. I'd really like to see how he 'responds' to it...

Respectfully,

Rook
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Quick Draw, on the declaw, Granny McGraw! Had a feeling he was going to flame out soon... Got a little too close to the fire.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Baahahahahahaha!
I got that one granny! You're killing me today!

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Rook: Yeah, I've been doing it all morning...I'd really like to have some time to publish some stories today, but NNNOOOOOOO, I have to follow around Skittles and make him taste the rainbow! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Uh...Granny did you just pull a quick draw on somthing that began with..."I'm Right. Your Wrong..."? I would have loved to addressed that seeing as that may be the only response I get to my comment from earlier... No 'real' argument from TiggerQueen, just childish finger pointing and name calling...I'm rubber your glue... Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you... Crap I'm I back in grade school?

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Rook,

Looks like he can't understand what you've said well enough to be able to reply to that one. Heck, I'm educated (don't hold it against me) and I admit that I can't fully understand all of what you say, most of the time! πŸ˜† I really love it when you say something meaningful and then everything goes quiet! Very telling.

But give him a break guys, he is from New Zealand. He's an ex-neighbour of mine. It probably WAS a dog, a sheep dog! May have been a golden retriever or border collie but they aren't so vicious. Must have been a blue retriever.

I would agree with bluefoxx01, except that I would advise him to throw the entire lamb back to the dog, not just the chop! What do you say Tiger, could that be why the dog was so pissed? πŸ˜‰
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Oh yes Rook,
You are still my hero! You nailed it sir.
Applause all around!
You've done it again!

Jav 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+9
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
TIGERKING,

You run about trash talking... Fine what ever...I've read your comments here on your own STORY and you made one yesterday which I shall address my comments to...

You began by stateing this...

"Faith is not the same as belief. Belief is a lower version of faith. Faith, is having the unfaultering belief in their system."

Definition Time...

Belief: 1) Acceptance by the mind that something is true or real, often underpinned by an emotional or spiritual sense of certainty (belief in an afterlife) 2) Trust; confidence that somebody or something is good or will be effective (belief in democracy). 3) A statement, principle, or doctrine that a person or group accepts as true. 4) An opinion, especially a firm and considered one. 5) Faith in God or in a religion's gods.

Faith: 1) Belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof. 2) A system of religious belief, or the group of people who adhere to it. 3) Belief in and devotion to God. 4) A strongly held set of beliefs or principles (people of different political faiths). 5) Allegiance or loyalty to somebody or something.

If FAITH is a Belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof and BELIEF is Acceptance by the mind that something is true or real, often underpinned by an emotional or spiritual sense of certainty then which is the stronger? You seem to think FAITH is... But by it's definition Faith takes BELIEF in SOMETHING...

You go on to stateing...

"I know there are a lot of mystical minds on this earth. But these people would never involve themselves in such a problem infested environment."

Are you saying you 'KNOW' what these 'mystical minds' are doing with their time?

It seems to me if Mystical means...

Mystical: Having a divine meaning that is beyond human understanding.

It follows that no one will 'know' what they may do with their knowledge.

You continue...

"People say, "i believe what I see" then how can they believe in what is said about the universe. They have all these "theories" as to how the universe works... Black holes...wormholes...other dimensions... The list goes on yet they believe them. They are all drones."

These Theories have their basis in Mathmatics, Mathmatics are numbers that can be seen. While it's true some of these are thoretical in nature, all that really means is that no one has proven them physically, YET.

You finish your thoughts above with this statment...

"I really don't understand how humans feel superior when they don't even know how faith really works."

Are you saying your not HUMAN and YOU know how FAITH works? Do I understand what you have stated? If you got the definitions wrong how can you 'know' how Faith Works?

Moving on you continue with this...

"I'm sure that when people educate themselves to a degree, that they feel smarter than others, but they don't realise that what they are educated in is poluting their brains. We have no need to go to space do we? Do we need to microwave our food? Do we need to have our nails done and our hair dyed?"

Now here you make a couple a valid points... There are people who 'feel smarter' than others because of a bit of education... And to a degree the system that gave them that education polluted their brains... You said..."All of these things are an exageration of our ego." I do not think all of them are... But I do agree that Hair Dye and Manicures should not be on the top of our 'TO DO' list. Microwaves, well they just make life easier... And have helped make us 'soft' in some ways but you also say..."We have no need to go to space do we?" I have to disagree with you on that point... Space travel can lead to a better understanding of the 'How and possibly even the Why' we are here... Finding the origins of the Earth can help us understand the 'Why' of our existance. That of course supports your last statement..."To "really" educate ourselves, it would be to further our KNOWLEGE of life."

So Go on... Bad mouth away, say what you will. Serious Debate can lead to Concrete Answers and Understanding... Are you just going to 'sling mud' calling me things like 'leech' or are you going to 'Man Up' and Back up your Belief's?

Rook
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
I'm going to take a moment to explain a few facts. First of all. No one knows for sure what on earth they are talking about. It all comes down to faith. Faith is not the same as belief. Belief is a lower version of faith. Faith, is having the unfaultering belief in their system.

That said, reading through others stories... The stories are fine. No problem there but, then these people who have no idea what so ever, go around trying to tell people what they need to do in order to defeat the cause. What a crock. I know there are a lot of mystical minds on this earth. But these people would never involve themselves in such a problem infested environment. Maybe there are a few people who have researched some stuff from around the world on this site, but without undying faith, all methods are futile. I have encountered beings that are not explainable by todays scientific level, yet they exist.

People say, "i believe what I see" then how can they believe in what is said about the universe. They have all these "theories" as to how the universe works... Black holes...wormholes...other dimensions... The list goes on yet they believe them. They are all drones. Following suit and doing the bidding of the ones who use them. This is not wrong on their part, but it is a low form of existence.
But, then in their next breath they claim to be so smart! I really don't understand how humans feel superior when they don't even know how faith really works.

I'm sure that when people educate themselves to a degree, that they feel smarter than others, but they don't realise that what they are educated in is poluting their brains. We have no need to go to space do we? Do we need to microwave our food? Do we need to have our nails done and our hair dyed?

All of these things are an exageration of our ego. Therefore they are damaging to our overall existence! To "really" educate ourselves, it would be to further our KNOWLEGE of life.

All in all I'm just rambling. Though I am rambling about concrete facts!
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
You know what all you people who are hating? Get bent! I wasn't being hostile. I really like this site and I'm ganna tread more careful in the future but you guys are too much. All attacking me and giving me bad karma because your little feelings got hurt. Re-read those comments from a lighter hearted point of view and realise I wasn't intending to offend. The part that I said was ridiculous was the paqrt how you took part of a tombstone. That in my eyes is a stupid thing to do. Try not to hate would you!?

This comment from TIGERKING is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
I would suggest sleeping with a lamb chop beside your bed, if it comes back, throw it the chop, and don't forget to say "nice doggy" "good boy". This works because it has happened to me before.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
TIGERKING: Okay, first of all you need to stop talking in riddles... How the hell can I look into your eyes, and why would I want to?...

Yes, there is a community here, and though we don't expect everyone to agree, there is mutual respect...

If what you wanted was attention to your story, then I have to fully agree with D/A's diagnosis of TS...

Throwing the Blankie on this one, and I refuse further acknowlegement of this poster...
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
and just for good measure!

I sincerely apologise for hurting anybodies feelings. I was insensitve, and contradictory in my comments and I admit that I am no expert. Let's start again... Hello nice to meet you.
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
to all recent posters

And further more...

I realise that the quote in which you quoted me sounded to a degree, how should I say?...oppositional toward your stance in this forum establishment. But on the contrary. Your merely scratching the surface of not my situation... But the entire situation! Look into my eyes. And I'll see what you tell me!
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Halirious. Ok yeah, I see I have your attention. That's an achievement in itself. I see you all have created a sort of community on this site. You have to realise that I mean good. Are you guys aware of what your doing? Or are you just playing around? What does the word confrontational mean to you. All I got to say is..."yall can't see me! Ya'll aint even oin my level!" dig it
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I think I shall refer to this author's psychological condition as "TS"...Taylor Syndrome. Most of you will know exactly what I am talking about.
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I'm glad you don't care what we think because I think you are full of crapola! Your sir, are a giant ASSPANCAKE and I think the B.S. Blankie should be pulled out for this one.

Fanny
No ❀ for you!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Tigerking it is difficult to figure out where you are coming from. You leave one comment on a story accusing people of being gullible then fret in a post on a different story that people are not open-minded enough. Here you seem to be going back & forth about whether what you are experiencing is threatening or helpful. What are you playing at?
stephyw2001 (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
You say dog, then dragon. Drooling, and growling, yet it might be a good spirit guiding you. I guess I would need a better understanding and visual. Right now I'm picturing a misunderstood golden retriever. 😜
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
TIGERKING: I think I'll start by quoting you:

"What I'm saying is in some comments (not only this story), people seem to want to believe so much that they are creating and even believing nonsense."

Hmm, yeah, now I see what you mean...'Nuff said πŸ€”
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Tigerking - because of the comments you have recently posted on two stories from the same author, I had to come and read yours. Since I have declared myself "drama-free" and am trying to avoid arguing of any kind, I will refrain from saying anything about your story.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: