You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: It Found Me

Real Ghost Stories

It Found Me

 

Almost 4 years ago I went on a family trip to Cancun Mexico. Cancun was still recovering from the hurricane damage and we stayed at a resort that was recently resurrected, there were no phones yet, no lobby furniture and everyday there was something new brought in. Despite not being complete, the resort was beautiful and deserved the 5 star rating.

We were the first guests ever to sleep in our room. We had 2 king sized beds, 1 for my husband and I and the other for his teenage daughter and our 4 year old daughter. In between was a night table.

During the first nights stay, I heard finger tapping on the night table followed by a slam of the closet door next to the bathroom. It was repetitive and almost rhythmical. In the morning I asked my husband if he had heard it...No. During the second night it happened again, this time someone tapped me at my leg. I shot up from bed thinking it was my daughter only to see no one next to me. The tapping of the table and slamming continued. This time my husband admitted to hearing the slamming not so much the tapping. He didn't quite believe me about the tapping of my leg.

We continued on our vacation and every night we heard the same sounds in our room, even my step daughter heard by now, though it didn't really interrupt our good time vacationing. We learned to live with the sounds for that week stay, and contributed the haunting as maybe a victim of the hurricane or even perhaps a construction worker dying during work. It was a good story... Until recently.

4 years have passed, I was sleeping in my bed at home and I was awoken by the tapping sound on my night table. It scared me so much, I immediately was brought to the memory of Cancun which up until now really haven't thought of much.

Now I'm terrified and wonder if a spirit and track me after 4 years passed from Mexico? If so why? Why me? Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlwithwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
I agree with Granny as well. I think you should follow Granny's suggestion just to see what happens. If you are feeling up to it, I would suggest trying to communicate with this ghost if and when it appears again and see if you can cross it over. I'm saying this because the ghost might be lost and don't know how to cross over; especially knowing that it died the way it did. Also because I think it found you comforting enough for it to find you thousands of miles away when the second hurricane hit. Just a suggestion.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
girlwithwings: As granny mentioned aswell, I think that the weather pattern may definitely have something to do with it. The fact that it has done the exact same tapping and you immediately thinking of that memory definitely seem related somehow.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
melisha (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
thats crepy my clock makes tapping noises and its weird it scares me but I don't have a turn off button for my clock so it just always at this sirten time it wakes me up by a tapping noise 😕
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
girlwithwings: No doubt there could have been the spirit of one who died in the hurricane in the room with you... I think your theory about it seeking comfort from you during the second hurricane seems likely... Thank you for that update, by the way 😊...

Perhaps it's gone back to the room?...I suggest keeping an eye on the weather patterns in the area of Cancun, just to satisfy your own (and our) curiousity... It will be interesting if it happens again with the next hurricane, and would help to prove your theory correct...

Thank you for posting... Very interesting 😊
girlwithwings (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
I was so anxious to get this story posted because after submitting this story I have since found out that during this newest visit from this ghost, Cancun was being rip apart from another hurricane...I'm convinced that this ghost fled from the resort trying to flee from the events that might have brought it to it's demise, and perhaps seeks comfort to those who stayed in the room first. Although since that second visit, I haven't experienced anything else.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: