You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Staying The Night With Haunted Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Staying The Night With Haunted Friend

 

When I first moved to Houston, I had a friend who invited me to stay overnight during the Thanksgiving holidays. She had already told me stories about her haunted apartment (and another one within sight of her balcony) so I admit I was a bit curious.

The first experience with her haunts was the freezer. Now being older (I am near 43 at the moment but at the time was in my mid 30s), I was use to refrigerators of many kinds and their sounds but even I was mildly surprised to hear her freezer growl at me. Yes, like a dog would do and it only happened on the time I opened it and none of the times my friend had that night. She chuckled for she had already told me how it did such (as this is my story and not hers, I will not go into more detail of her experiences). Nothing else would happen for a while after that as I decided not to "harass" the freezer.

The second would happen sometime overnight when I slept in her living room on the love seat. As the apartment was warmer than I was use to and also not my normal bed, I was sleeping fitfully even as I was exhausted. Sometime during the night, I opened my blurry eyes and saw someone standing over me. I was just too tired to speak or do much more than go back to sleep but I remember feeling a hint embarrassed that my rough sleeping has caused my friend to get up to check on me.

Well, the next morning as I was getting dressed, I then tried to apologize for disturbing her. She gave me a most odd look and asked me what I was talking about. I blinked at her for a moment and mentioned about my seeing her. She shook her head and told me she did not even get up. When I described what happened, she gave me a frightened look and told me about a young man that she had once called the police on only for him to have mysteriously disappeared from the completely locked apartment without sound or trace. He had been about her height (near 6 feet tall) and a bit on the thin side. Indeed, since I had been blurry eyed, her would have seemed to be much like her.

That would be the final time and soon, with her lease up, she would move away from it but I have to say it had been interesting night to add to my collection of "life experiences" stories.

Other hauntings by MoonEcat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MoonEcat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
I know I'm a little late on this story. However... Wanted to add that my fridge likes to con me into thinking someones at the back door.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
I have to add (since I recently re-watched it), that the growling freezer reminded me of the haunted fridge in Ghostbusters. Anyone else?:)
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
These are some pretty cool experiences, thanks for sharing them. 😁 One night I heard noises in the kitchen. It sounded like someone was messing around in there. I woke up my husband and he heard it too. He jumped out of bed grabbed a bat and went into the kitchen. It was the fridge! LOL. It makes these weird clunking noises. It's the weirdest thing. 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
Our drain in the kitchen sink growls when the clothes washer empties...It's kind of cool 😆
ChristineNicole (16 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
i have to agree with moongrim. My fridge makes noises like a bat every now and then. It gave me a heart attack the first time I heard it, and of course I was home alone. When my brother came home to find me clutching a wooden club and I told him about the noise, he didn't stop laughing for days!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
When it comes to appliances. You'll discover that many of the moving parts will make sounds rather like an animals.

I once had a dishwasher that squeaked during his wash cycle- that sounded just like a cat mewing.

Which caused me no small amount of concern.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: