You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Uninviting House

Real Ghost Stories

Uninviting House

 

My mother and father had filed for a divorce, splitting the money to come from the house. My mum went house-searching and found this very strange looking one she called "Perfect". At that point, my brother and I wouldn't argue with her, as she'd been through enough already. I can remember quite well what happened in that house, like it happened yesterday.

The way the house was set up was you walk in there was a longue room to your right and internal access to the garage on the left. You'd take another step to see the kitchen and dining room. There were French windows leading outside and a laundry. Upstairs there were 2 bedrooms, Mine facing the street and my brothers facing the backyard, my mothers on the right (She had an ensuite). The doors faced each-other. There was also a bathroom up stairs, being mine and my brothers. Outside was a fenced pool and some tiny steps to go to more grass. That's pretty much it. I was about 7 years of age when I had to move to a new house in Bright, Australia. From the moment I set foot in that house I felt pure evil lurking throughout the walls. I was overcome by the feeling of someone watching as I walked to my new bedroom. I was also getting the feeling of anger and hatred. I ran up to my mother screaming that I hated the house and I wanted to live with Grandma and Grandpa. But, as usual she just said the familiar words 'No'. I had lived there for what seemed like forever but only a couple of weeks and nothing had really happened. I had noticed my mother becoming very angry and would scream at my sibling and I for the most ridiculous things (Mind you my mother was raising 2 children alone, but would never once yell or make us upset, I loved her for that) She had become pretty stressed and would hardly talk. I, myself being a 7 year old found this quite strange that my mother had changed so dramatically.

It was a summer night and I was sleeping. I had a dream that Mum had gone into the basement to hang herself, and a shadow man was laughing. I woke up and sat myself up quick. I had the urge to look into the corner and when I did, I saw a black shadow shoot towards my closet. I screamed louder than I have ever had. My mother came running in asking "What happened?" I sobbed that a shadow man had ran into my closet. I forced her to check it and she found nothing. All she could say was "It was just the trees, now go back to sleep." You can bet I was freaked out once she left, so I slept with the sheets over my head.

In the morning my mum woke me up for school. I got my school stuff out from the closet and as I removed the shoes, I was surprised to see ash. I didn't show my mother, I just covered it up, as I knew she'd say I was lying. I got into the car and looked up at my window and was surprised to see a face, screaming at my window and then being pulled back by a hand. That really terrified me. When I was looking, my (At the time) 12 year old brother said

"What you looking at?"

"Ah, Nothing" I replied.

I couldn't bring myself to tell him, as he'd just laugh and say I was such a bad liar.

The next night was even worse. I was sleeping and had a dream I was looking out the window and someone grabbed my neck so I couldn't breathe. I woke up to cold hands on my throat, chocking me. It lasted 30 seconds then faded. I ran screaming to my mother, and ended up sleeping with her. She fell asleep and as I was drifting off I heard someone call my name from the hall way. I looked to see if it was my brother playing tricks on me. But instead found a horrible face staring at me with the reddest eyes. She had blood dripping from her neck and had her mouth wide open, like she was screaming. She was just standing there, holding onto the door frame, staring at me. I screamed "What do you want!" She just continued staring so I started praying in my head, asking for whatever this thing was to vanish, and as I was, it disappeared. I also heard footsteps going back and forth inside my room. As I was listening, it gave me a cold chill, so I covered my face with the blankets.

I told my brother the next morning and he said he heard growling (not an animal growl, but a human's growl) in the corner of his room, and tapping on the wall and window. We both complained to our mother, who was still furious and she said she wants the whispering stopped.

We asked "Mum, what whispering?"

"All the whispering around us, Can't you hear it?"

We looked puzzled at her, asking her to explain more, but as usual she just walked off saying nothing.

We would also hear our mum calling our names, but we would go to her and she would say "I never asked for you?"

"Mum, stop joking, we heard you"

We would also experience the T.V flickering on and off, Lights flickering; the toaster was popping up, the microwave beeping. I rarely had nightmares and things waking me up after that, I would also hear whispering in my ear, saying something in another language or sometimes something I just couldn't understand in plain English, as it was just mumbles.

After 2 years of this, my mum finally decided to sell and rent in another city, where we are living now.

I want to know what that was in the house, I have done some research on the house and it isn't that old. Maybe it's the grounds, but I don't know. I also want to know why it made my mother so angry. It's very unusual for her to be acting so weird. I tried to shorten the story down, A LOT more happened, but I don't want to bore you guys.

P.S- If you're just going to comment and say "It's all fake" and stuff like that, Please, Don't waste your precious time commenting on my story. It's my story and I think it's not up to you to judge me, If you want to judge, Keep it to yourself. I might be 13, but that gives you no authority to judge me and say it is fake. I don't think it was my imagination because it hurt me physically. If you went through what I did, you'd post it on somewhere else to find the answers as well. To be continued

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chelseababeh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scarynightsoverload (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Yikes! Well if I am in your place I am now Pretty Scary this days LOL! O well I really apreciate all and I'm believing you Chelseababeh and also thanksn for sharingus your experience! ❤ 😁 😉
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
You really shouldnt have ended your story with those comments. If a poster thinks your story is total bull then they are entitled to say so, just as you are entitled submit a story, especially one that is going to attract questions. Like why would you think your mother was 'messing around' calling your name when you were seeing such horrific sights such as screaming bloodied faces? I'm not being mean but somebody telling me what I can and can't write on a sight were stories are submitted for discussion, kind of got on my nerves.
Chelseababeh (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
Sorry for not responding soon! I just tried sending a response but it didn't go through, so I'll write one soon! 😭
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I have found that when people are extremely oversensitive about something & overcompensate (by going on about how something is not fake, don't say it is, etc. Taking the offensive when there has been no attack) it is usually because they are trying to cover up something.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
ok will respect your wishes an not mention that I think this is so fake! I do have a few questions for the other commentors though 😊
[at] moongrim great advice there, and liking the part with the old folk very good advice. (yes I am being 100% serious I do like the advice)
[at] teampanda what story? You have not posted one!
[at] happyspirit where did you get the "bad divorce" from? All it says is they divorced and split the money!
[at] pinkparrot6202 what are you on? Murdered girl put under floorboards by her own parents after she had neck sliced as she was screaming and it also could be the posters relation who killed the girl and now she wants revenge, keep taking the meds ok!
[at] snowhite ok nice comment, caring too you keep that up it helps the op alot!
All the best
Carl 😆 😆
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
1st of all, I believe it is real and I also believe there are some evil spirits there in the house. If they were not evil, they would not choke you and scare you. Evil spirits also try to manipulate our life and make a nice person change his or her pesonality. Things can get worse if you keep living there. It would be nice if a parent can listen to her children and talk about it with them openly and find a better way to solve the problems. Simply because not everybody has a chance to see ghosts, it doesn't mean ghosts don't exist.

I am glad yo and your family moved out. Do you still experience things like that? Hope evreything is fine with you and your family now.
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I think this so scary, if it not an old house maybe a murder came when an family was sleeping and sliced her neck and she was screaming and the parents put the dead girl under the floorboards of your room and she haunting that place and maybe the murderer is a relative of yours and wants revenge.

Thanks 😨 😲 😐
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Yikes. This story sounds very plausible and quite scary; younger kids can certainly see and hear things that adults will discount, although interesting that your mom heard the whispering.

I believe that we attract things in our life based on what is going on within us. Your mom had just emerged from what sounds like a rather nasty divorce; it's possible that she attracted something angry and unsettled like that house.
teampanda (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
that's not fake at all I believe you that crap happens to me a lot read my first story please and you're see
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
And upon what basis would I beholden to claim all such was fake?

You're 13 and you've had some access to knowledge of the house.
Age is largely irrelevant when it comes to hauntings- more importantly- the history of the house and lands. Who lived there, and what happened with those who did live there.
Your local courthouse usually should have some property records detailing who has owned the house from what time to what time.
Find out their names, and document such. Look for such names in the local newspaper archives. Additionally try talking with the neighbors and see if you can pump them for information.
And old folks with lots of time on their hands, have long memories.

Good hunting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: