You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Suit

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Suit

 

This story begins in a small house in a small town approximately two years ago. I share a room with my younger brother whom we'll call "Paul".

My brother Paulie was about 13 at the time and I was 16 and one day he complained to me asking if I saw or heard anything during the night. I said no and I asked him if he saw anything. He told me he saw a man in our room at between 4:00am and 6:00 am.

He described the man as being very tall, maybe around 8ft or 9ft or taller, wearing a black suit, with a white dress shirt, and a thin black tie. He then said that the "man" had no face, that it was completely gone. He then said the man had black hair that he slicked backed like he was in the 1940's with horns sticking out of the top of his head, and he also said the man had two left hands and that he had razor sharp claws for finger nails.

My brother said that he felt an evil presence in the room whenever the man would appear. My brother quickly turned on the light once and said that the man quickly disappeared and all that was left was a puff of black smoke and that the room smelled like matches.

My brother then told me that the reason for all of our shoes and backpacks being all over the room was because of the man in the suit. He said that the man would kick them, pick them up and toss them, and he would also drop everything that was on the shelf next to the closet.

Apparently, the man woke me up by knocking things off of the shelf and I thought it was my brother and I told him to stop and go to sleep, the man heard my voice, and then began feeling around with his left hands getting closer and closer to our bunk bed. Luckily, our dog was sleeping with us and then growled at the man and he backed away and vanished into our closet. A couple nights later, he was back and started walking towards our bed, our dog attacked him and my brother said the man threw our dog at the door and vanished as my brother turned on the bedroom light.

From then on, our dog would stay with us, the man would come back, but he wouldn't stay close to the bed because of our dog, but he would stand there watching my brother. The entire time I was out cold and had no idea this stuff was going on.

When my brother told me every little detail, I knew I had to tell our parents. So I did, and my dad drew a sketch of what the man looked like. I still remember it and it gives me creeps because it looked so evil and out of this world and my brother said that it was a spot on drawing. I don't know where the drawing is anymore, the last I heard of it was that my dad showed it to some of his co-workers.

As for the man in the suit, he finally disappeared after we sprayed holy water in the house, said prayers; asked Jesus to enter our home and protect us as we sleep, stuff like that. We're Catholic if anybody was wondering.

To this day, my brother still doesn't like to talk about it, because he said that he knew that the man was after him, and that he would stand there placing his hands over him, slowly brushing his claws against the pillow, or just stare at my brother.

What I've told you here is entirely true, no one in our family would ever doubt my little brother, and even I felt a presence in the room whenever I was alone. And I've seen something before when I little, but I'll tell you in a different story.

If you choose not to believe my story, that's entirely up to you and if you are truly interested in this story feel free to comment below. Thank you and be safe out there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, billydakid39, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DerrickFromTexas (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
I want to add my testimony to the OP thread (I posted this on another board, so I will post it here as well.). First off, I want to tell you I had a similar experience back in November of 1994 when I was in high school in Houston, Texas. (I am a born again christian and was at the time when I saw the "Man in the Black Suit".) I was sleeping on the floor when suddenly I woke up. My mom and my sister fell asleep on the two couches in the living room as well. But I woke up and my clock was at 2:00am. I immediately looked toward the front door in the living room when I saw a Man wearing a Black suit standing at the Door. I tried to look at his face, but my eyes kept bouncing as if the Lord didn't want me to see his face. I was able to see that he had a Black suit, white shirt, black and white striped tie, creased black pants, and black shining shoes. I remembered it the Word of God, that at the name of JESUS every knee must bow, and every tongue must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord... So I called on the name of Jesus... He then started to approach me... I called on Jesus name again... He bent over to put his hand over my head... I called on JESUS the third time, and GOD took him away. The Man in the Black Suit is the Death Angel and he appears in two forms (sometime with Sackcloth and a reaping tool like drawings you have seen). God is trying to get your attention. Surrender your life to him and ask him to come into your heart. Find a church that believe in the full word of Good and be babtised for the Remission of Your Sins (Born of the Water and the Spirit). Serve God fully each and every day. Whenever you see that Spirit of Death or any Demonic, or evil spirit, you call on the name of JESUS AND THEY WILL FLEE. Devils only run at the Name of Jesus... And I am teling you this through experience (You can find this in the Holy Scriptures - Read book of ACTS in Bible). I have had many spiritual battles, but that was the only time I saw the Angel of Death. May the peace of God be with you!

Kindest Regards,

Derrick
lovebug (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
Hey billydakid39 I don't think it is a ghost. I have heard a simmalar story about the same details of a demon who obducts children and teens and never to be seen again. Good Luck to you and your brother. You'll need it. 😊 ❤ 😨
Mandii78 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
Ive seen something VERY similair before only instead of having no face he had nothing but a mouth with jagged teeth and I never saw his hands just claws sticking out from his sleeves. I also don't remember anything about horns or hair he had a hood on but he was Very tall and wore a suit with a white shirt and a thin black tie. I don't know how much you know about demons but there is a demon named Maometis and it means "number of the beast" and I believe it may be what I have seen and have been physically attacked by but I don't know for sure. If you want to talk my email is on here so we don't have to deal with lame internet trolls. If this stories true itd mean a lot to talk to someone who has experienced almost the same thing
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hey,
Very well told story. I tend to agree with Nysa who explained it very well. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying the image is very cliche of what a child would see when asked to describe the devil.
Everybody see's and interpret things there own way, these perceptions can project themselves into everyday situations and even paranormal ones (even if they are not related)
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and this is my advice.
Look online for photos of demons to see if any match your brothers description, look through your brothers books and movies to see if he could have gotten the image from anywhere.

I will say however that everyone is intitled to their Own opionion, that's why you posted this story...right? To get different points of views, so I think the insults were a little too far with moongrim,
Moongrim has very good points, your brother has very good recollection of the figure and as I said before it ISA very stereotypical image of what evil should look like.

Great story anyway

Stay open to natural explanations as well as supernatural,
The human mind Is an amazing thing:)
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
You are so welcome, Nysa, and I am sorry I have misspelled your name at least once.

Niceguy, I hope you have been truthful with us. I cannot fathom making things up here; there should be no need to as there are enough strange things we can't explain. Maybe I'm a little naive. I am certainly less knowledgable than most of the other regulars here.

The sulfurous odor is a bit of a cliche...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Wow thanks Argette that is very flattering coming from someone who always adds to these discussions in an intelligent way. 😁
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Hi Niceguy, well... Not quite sure here, I believe your brother thought he saw something, and Nysa's comment is something to think about. I could believe your brother was having very vivid dreams and throwing things around himself, but it's the fact that your saying you didn't wake up, I mean if my dog was thrown against the door and attacking things during the night and bags etc were thrown around all over I think the whole house would wake up. I don't think anyone could be that 'out of it'. As soon as you mentioned the smell of matches I did kind of roll my eyes, you know it's going to bring comments like sulferous smell of hell etc. Yeah it could have been a spirit taking the form of your brothers image of what the devil could look like and I'm going right out of my way there to look for some truth in part of your story. Sorry I'm not writing what you want to hear but put yourself in someone elses shoes and read it. It just doesn't fit together. Take care anyway!
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Oh and by the way, NiceGuy, if you post something here, you've got to be able to take some criticism, I am finding out. Don't take it to heart. Most people will sincerely try to help you puzzle it all out.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
I think Nysa's explanation is very possible; listen to her, she always has something thoughtful to say.

Moongrim, you may well be spot on here.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Hey Niceguy (misnamed) why don't you put a sock in it?

I for one am not so 'open-minded' that my brains fall out.

This story doesn't hold water, because it's so full of holes. I'm calling B.S., because it's B.S.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
wow that's a fantastic story niceguy. How he had two left hands is really cool and he wore a really cool suit, he's just so suave and hip, must be a real ladies man that devil man!
niceguy93 (guest)
-3
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
hey moongrim: if you don't want to believe in this and only have BS to talk gtfo
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Religious hallucinations are pretty common. Western culture is so permeated with religious beliefs with a strong fear base, it is understandable. I think it is possible that the brain presents information in this way when an unknown presence is presented. Children tend to have a simplistic, immature theological / philosophical belief system so when faced with the unknown the brain equates unknown with frightening, frightening with evil (or the more general bad if very young), & evil with of the devil. So the brain sees a demon-like entity, which may in fact be a malevolent spirit of some kind, a projection of the child's own fear, or simply a strange looking shadow. Maybe something was trying to scare the crap out of him, or maybe he was scaring the crap out of himself. Whether something was actually there or not the story is an interesting study of the effect of religion on the psyche.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
An Amazing level of detail, I'm impressed that the figure wasn't wearing a button with the moniker: Hello My Name is: Old Scratch.

So the Devil himself- comes to visit you two, for the express purpose of- knocking stuff off the shelves and either being afraid of your dog, or throwing the poor doggie around.

Slicked back hair, Two left hands, claws for fingernails, 8-9 feet tall, black suit, white dress shirt, thin black tie; what an amazing level of details for someone seen in a dark bedroom in the wee hours of the morning immediately upon awakening.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Amazing level of detail, I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a button with the moniker stating: Hello My Name is: Old Scratch.
Lunataari (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
That figure described looks just like the figure of a ubran legend called The Slenderman. He is extremely tall, wears a black suit and tie and has no face. He can also appear out of nowhere. (He seems to teleport)

What a coincidence. 😲
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I am impressed with the fact that your father took the incidents seriously and helped you by drawing a figure of the man and apparently trying to get more information on him/it. Too often, I suspect, parents tell kids "it's your imagination" and then kids are scared to say much.

I'm also impressed with your dog. What a great protector he was/is!

Thanks, Niceguy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: