You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is My House Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My House Haunted?

 

my name is Elizabeth. I am 19 and I live in Michigan City, Indiana. I live in an old house built in 1968. It was built a little after this horrible snow storm (a blizzard.) People called it the School House Blizzard, because this blizzard traveled from California to New York. Which means it passed through the Great Lakes where I live. It killed several people. The death toll could not be told, because so many men, women, and children died during this blizzard. A one room school house had children in it at the time of the blizzard and people were advised to stay inside. People died in there cars, outside, and in their homes. The children in the school house had all died as well from freezing to death.

I moved to this house on january 21, 2010 with my mother and my boyfriend and my mother dog Sheba. In my room the door was ripped off of its hinges. And the room was always cold. My mothers room actually looked like the room in the movie from the excorsist. It really did look exactly like it. I told my mother that and she didn't like that too much.

I didn't really sense anything at first, until 5 months of living there the activity started to act up. My mother would hear voices of something when I wouldn't be home, she said it would sound like me saying "mommy, its me open up." And would be pounding on the door. Another time my mother would wake up to something holding her down on her bed. And it would be around 3:00am. She would also hear a couple fighting in the kitchen and she would think that it would be me and my boyfriend.

After that I would be home all by myself while my mother would be going on her wacky dates and my boyfriend would be at work.

Pounding noise coming from outside. I would look through the peek hole and no one would be there and I didn't hear anyone go up or down the stairs. This would happen frequently. Then one day me and my mother and my boyfriend and my moms dog Sheba were all home. My mother was in the living room with Sheba, and me and my boyfriend

Were in my room with the door shut (and I will remind you

The door has no hinges.) The door all of a sudden falls and hit my boyfriend in the back, then we feel this cold breeze rush through my room and disappear. I thought my mom or Sheba were messing with us but they were still in the living room and the windows were shut and Sheba was sleeping.

So a lttle after that me and my boyfriend decided that we wanted to have our own place so we moved downstairs. And the night there was actually creepy, we had a hard time sleeping. My friends would come over with their daughter who was only 4 months at the time and she would be looking at the ceiling and the walls smiling and yelling.

Then my friend said she saw this black figure crawling on the kitchen floor. Another time my roomate said he saw a black figure dash through the kitchen right in front of him and then dash in to the wall then 10 minutes later it dashed back into the kitchen and disappeared and that was a 3:40am. Then one day I got scratched a couple days after my roomate saw that and the scratch burnt and stung it felt like my was on fire. The next day the scratch was gone.

Another day I decided I would say red rum to my boyfriend. And then the next day I notice on the window on the door it said red rum on it and it was a womens hand writing and mind you I am the only women in my house and it wasn't my hand writing. Then I found out what red rum is it is murder spelled backwards. Then my friends came over one day and started taking pictures with their new touch screen androids. And the got some disturbing pictures I will show you.

Other hauntings by lizziebee1992

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lizziebee1992, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
anneke8: thank you I very much apprecate that everyone cares so much. And iloveghoststuff: thank you as well but even if I move I still have a spirit or spirits that are still following me around and no matter where I go I might be making the number larger. I have a vonerable aura so I can attract anything whether it be good or bad.
iloveghoststuff (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Your house is likely haunted. If I was you, I would probably move house as soon as I can manage. X
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Hi Elizabeth
I am so sorry to hear that someone did something horrible to you 😠 This is not right. Let justice be searved, perhaps this thing will go away then.
There is people who care about you, don't forget that! ❤
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
zzsgranny: ok no problem I would say so myself that I do have my dates mixed up. Its hard to try and write a story when your scared to even fall asleep. I always feel as if someone or something is always starring at me it is very uncomfortable and now I am sick and I have servical cancer and I might make it or I might not and mind you I am 19 and I have a troubled life. A very troubled life. I never noticed parnormal things until someone did something very horrible to me when my mother wasn't ever around then that is when I started to sence things that no one else senced and it does scary me to death and I hope to god that the spirit that is following me arround isn't the man that did horrible things to me when I was young.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
lizziebee: I'm sorry, I don't mean to keep beating a dead horse, but you said in your story that the house was built AFTER the storm:

"I live in an old house built in 1968. It was built a little after this horrible snow storm (a blizzard.) "

Please understand I'm not trying to discount your experience, but I think you may have your dates mixed up... Tell ya' what, I'll do some Googlin' and find the right stories for you, okay?...
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
zzsgrany 1868 is when my house was built 1888 is when the blizard happened and I know 1868 is to early but that was when it was built. And no one told me these things I looked them up I went to the library I went looking up things at my house on my computer and the school house blizard was the only thing that happened alittle after it was built.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
lizziebee: 😆 1868 came before 1888... I still think you're confused, hon... Maybe the stories you've heard in your area about both blizzards have been melded into one?...
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
the door in my old room was torn off the henges so there was no way of fixing it. And I would always have the door proped in a certain position to where it wouldn't fall. The only times it would fall is when someone would mess with it and me and my boyfriend were just sitting in my room when the door fell.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Did you feel the urge to say red rum just to be funny at the time or were you quoting from The Shining?
As far as seeing figures and feeling cold chills at times for no reason... This means that your house is probably haunted. Whether you and your mother can live with that is up to you; it depends on what kinds of things you keep experiencing. I don't know if it has anything to do with the blizzard though.
Hope things get better and that you're able to get some hinges for that door! It would be strange that it suddenly fell over if it was being propped properly against the wall.
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
zzsgrany: I know it was in 1888 I tried to put in 1868 when my house built but when I finally relized that I put in the wroung date it was to late to change it.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
😁
Attaching a door to new hinges is like hanging a picture. Just having some fun at your guy's expense Liz- no disrespect intended. My father-in-law can barely change a lightbulb, and it has frustrated my mom-in-law for 50 years.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Pjod: I was left wondering why there was a door there at all?...If privacy is an issue, hang a curtain to avoid the possibility of someone getting hurt by a door that may fall on its own 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
just a note
A door with no hinges could easily fall out on it's own. I couldn't help but wonder why your boyfriend didn't fix the door 😁
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Have you seen the movie "The Others'?
Could it be that someone that lived there does not know that he/she is dead? Still living there...
I once read a book about someone who got red scratches from a ghost, the ghost was looking for attention. She wanted the guy to help her with unfinished business while she was still alive, and after he did, she left.
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Thanks for clearing that up, Granny. I was a bit confused because I didn't know that the U.S. Still had one room schoolhouses in the 1960s!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
lizziebee: I think you might want to brush up on your history, darlin'...The Schoolhouse Blizzard hit the plains and midwestern states in 1888... Quite a long time before 1968 😆...I think you may be referencing the Chicago Blizzard of 1967?...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: