You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Do Not Take My Blood

Real Ghost Stories

Do Not Take My Blood

 

I came across this site after the passing of my cat and his subsequent visits to my family. After his first visit I thought I was "losing my marbles" but after reading many of the stories in YGS came to the realization that I wasn't the only one having this kind of experience and, in the process, I have come to terms accepting his death and the fact that he is only a thought away. Always in my heart.

But I will leave my cat's story for another time and tell you about something that happened to me when I was working at a hospital in my native Mexico.

It was my first job like a Clinical Biochemist after finishing University, the laboratory was situated on the lower level of the ten stories building, and every morning it was necessary to go to the different wards and take blood samples to the patients staying in the hospital. There is no need to say that not all the patients were happy to see me first thing in the morning holding a syringe and asking to donate some of their blood. I even got used to be called a vampire.

There were rooms with four beds and some other "luxury" rooms with just one bed, a private bathroom at the entrance and a large window that allowed lots of day light in and a nice view of the city. The bathroom could be on the right or the left side of a short hallway and the first thing a person standing on the doorway could see would be the feet of the person lying in bed. It was in one of this one-patient rooms where I had what I have come to think my encounter with an angry ghost.

There was a long hallway with rooms on each side, and this particular morning I knocked on the door announcing my presence, and opened it after a moment, and two things happened simultaneously after having seen only the feet of the lady staying in that room: I felt a strong push just like a fist hitting me on the stomach and I knew the lady was dead and didn't want me there.

Nevertheless I entered the room and saw a man standing on the side of the bed looking at the old woman that seemed asleep, and said that I needed to take a blood sample for the lab, the gentleman said his mother had just passed away.

I said a short prayer and left the room feeling uncertain about what I had just experienced.

This is my first story, thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by lady-glow

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lady-glow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-16)
haha I got the impression donuts had evolved from over exposure to the elements. Same writing style, same temper, different abilities learned from reading stuff on YGS. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-16)
Is it my imagination or Lunar-sage has come back after having a long "Walk with the Fae"? 😐

Same claims... Same temper... Not the same user name...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
TPA_Abhijeet, aka Black_Death, aka... -I see you are back under a new user name, it's OK as long as you do not submit outrageous stories.
Remember, the "Troll Patrol" is always watching.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Pretty creepy! But I guess, the soul just wanted to convey that your services were not required any more. I don't think any harm was intended:)
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
Ok thanks lady-glow for responsing back. And welcome it was an interesting story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-30)
Aaru275: thanks for reading and commenting on my story.
No, that was the only time I went to that lady's room to draw a blood sample or, should I say, to try to do so.😢
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-30)
Hey lady glow your story was nice. One thing I want to know have you ever took the blood of that lady earlier?
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
She said about reporting someone I think its me who was she saying that too
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
darkassassin:
Granny already explain to you that she is the one deleting your comments.

I understand that you want, and deserved, to be respected, but not all the members of YGS will enjoy reading one post over and over again on stories that have nothing to do with it, so better listen to zzsgrany's advice and check the site she mentioned on one of her comments.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
Ok sorry I thought it was that person that was calling me a moron at first deleting me as I said before off topic I will listen to peoples stories if they respect me I have a lot of ghost questions to ask I might of saw a ghost when I was younger but can't remember sorry for long comment again
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
I like paranormal stuff I do not know if ghost exists I used to think theydo what I am trying to say I do not want them to exist because how can something move stuff oh if ghost exist they are deceased people others say ghost are demons I do not believe that well maybe some are also in a way I do want them to exist because it can tell me about a second life maybe I am not trying to be rude I am so shocked and puzzled that why ghost won't come to me sorry for long comment.
CAyer (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
I always feel like I am being watched when I enter a hospital, yet I am surprisingly comfortable in them. She probably didn't intend any harm.
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Rook, I have had a nursing/pathophysiology education and some years of clinical critical nursing. There are several conditions; esophageal varices, and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation where, as described a patient can be given blood and blood products, and efforts made to staunch the effusion of blood with balloon catheters etc, that resist all intervention. Often these are the result of long-standing liver problems, infection and other insults that result in an intractable circumstance. I am sure the hospital staff were giving it their all.

I have to also say, there is one esteemed and much beloved poster that consistently misspells Pineal Gland as Penal Gland. I have resisted being the Spelling Police, but I hope this filters down to him in some fashion. It's inconsequential for the most part, but it gives me pause every time I see it.
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Umm dunno... I don't really get it dude. Just relax! No need to panic! ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Thank you all for your comments.

This was the only experience I had while working at the hospital and still wonder what exactly happened.

Though,I have two theories, one is that the lady wasn't fully aware of her death and didn't want to get any more pain. Or perhaps she was saying her good byes and didn't appreciate my interruption to such a private moment.

It was an awkward moment, but it was nice to feel this energy communicating her feelings without words.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
The "strong push just like a fist hitting me on the stomach and I knew the lady was dead and didn't want me there." May very well have been the spirit of the patient in the room not wanting you to interupt whatever her son was saying... Or it may have been you feeling the passing of the patients spirit... Just my Opinion though.

Crecentblue,

Are you really saying that the ER staff just let this man bleed out internally? Or did he have a GI bleed that they could do nothing about? Your comment makes it sounds as if everyone just stood there while that individual died a slow painful death and I hope that is not the case.

Respectfully,

Rook
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Sorry to say but I too believe that you interrupted a very private moment. I think that you handled it quite nicely however and I'm curious... Have you experienced anything like this since?

Zeta.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
I worked in a hospital for 12 years and had my share of hospital ghost! You must tell us about your cat.
I also lost a cat that was my best friend for a very long time. After he died, he came to visit me couple a times. I could not see him, I could feel him on my feet. My mother saw him once though. In my dreams I could see him though. He came to me in my dreams too. I always knew he is dead in my dreams and then he would appear, and I would be so glad to see him.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
sounds like a moment between mom and son that was interrupted when you opened the door-
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Wow I guess she didn't want her blood taken this is very interesting! I am a trained in phlebotomy and when training took blood there never had to take blood from a dead person before. While at the hospital our program director had us witness a man who after being given many pints of blood kept bleeding out there was nothing they could do to save him so we all stood around looking and the doctors and nurses just stood around watching the monitors the heart monitor had a very very faint beep sound as he lay dieing goes to show you never know. This man had a G.I.bleed.I always felt that hospitals are haunted. Thanks for sharing
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Wow, interesting story! Was she a patient who you had seen before? Did she know that you were coming for a blood sample?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: