You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Breezy Bathtime

Real Ghost Stories

Breezy Bathtime

 

It was new years eve and I was with my dad on a business trip in Savannah, Georgia. It was about 6:30 p.m. And I decided to take a hot bath before we went out for a night on the town. Half way through the bath, with the bathroom all steamed up I might add, the hairs on the back of my arms stood up, and an ice cold breeze shot under the bathroom door and rustled the shower curtain from an awkward angle.

I called out to my dad, thinking maybe he opened the room's front door and it caused the breeze, but he didn't answer. So I got out of the bathtub and poked my head out of the bathroom. My dad wasn't in the room. A little weirded out I got back in the bathtub and closed the shower curtain.

A few minutes passed as I washed my hair, but the feeling that I wasn't alone didn't. All of a sudden the curtain ripped open and the trash can slid, almost flew across the bathroom. My bath was over to the say the least. But after some thought, I realized I wasn't surprised by this encounter, because Savannah is one of the most haunted cities in the United States. That still doesn't stop the chill running up my spine when I think of it.

To this day, my dad doesn't believe that I experienced it. He believes I was imagining it or making it up to scare the people we were with. But I know it happened. I felt it, the lost energy great enough to create physical movement. And that's not something you forget.

I keep wondering what the story was of the spirit I encountered in my breezy bath though. I just hope that he or she finds peace some day...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, missberry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Savannah, Georgia is know for it's huge amount of ghost activity. In a place with that kind of history you never know what you will encounter.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
You say your fater does not believe you; where was he during that time? Did he open the front door perhaps while you were in the bath? You never know the history of a place when you go to visit hey...?
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Nice story. Glad that it did not harm you.Well,i really can't figure out of what it could have been but I did understood your feelings in the story.
THNKS for sharing your story...

MysterPOO... 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Those freaky random events do make us wonder. Was it a spirit that just wanted to say "hey I am here"? A lost soul upset someone was in their bathroom? A burst of random energy from a living or deceased person that just swept through & swirled around for awhile interacting with your surprised energy? Whatever it was sure gives us a lot to consider when trying to work out the supernatural world.
missberry (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Hmmm I don't really know the distinctions between the types of spirits, but I do know it wasn't trying to hurt me. Just get my attention. I've encountered a few myself, nothing serious though.
TakingSuspense (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Interesting story. I honestly don't know what to make of it. Maybe some sort of poltergeist or succubus. But I'm not sure, for I have only had a few encounters with the super natural myself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: