You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Touch In A Breezy Morning And Modern Technology?

Real Ghost Stories

A Touch In A Breezy Morning And Modern Technology?

 

I am the guy who still has a life at what once was a forbidden place. Yes, the chanting is still going on but all my animals are safe and I am used to such a situation that I consider it a normal life now.

My friend whose ancestors are Ainu came over again. This time he was staying over because he has missed his last bus which comes only 3ntimes a day (Now that I think of it... What a tough life).

"Koji-san, do you want something warm to drink? It's cool tonight." I offer my friend some hot drinks.

"Thanks Ryu-san, I will have some hot wine with you, you are good at making those." I nodded and headed to the kitchen and opened a cheap Japanese wine in a paper packet. I opened a can of Brazilian corn snack and offered it to my friend who never had those before "Ryu-san, I can even read what these are..."

"Don't worry you won't die," I joked as I went back to heat up the wine and frozen mixed berries mixture.

We had a long chat that night, I remember we were talking about the similarities of my grandmother's tribe and what he learnt from his grandparent whom was one of the last speakers of the Ainu language. (I mean he also knows how to speak the language but it's not common and such people is getting less and less.)

All of a sudden it became quite windy outside and I needed to close our terrace door which leads to the back yard. (I use to leave it open during warmer days... Now it's very cold, so I kept it closed.) I do not know if it is because of the alcohol both of use felt a sudden drop of temperature.

My friend has a key chain with a small device call "Baketan" which claims to sense spirits around (it's kind of like a toy crystal, so I felt a little iffy...) That device that my friend had suddenly sparked with red light.

"Hey Ryu-san, I think the phenomenon that you always talks about is going to happen." He explains that the device will spark in red when there is stranger spirits, in blue if it's a calm spirit, in green if the place have no spirit.

"Did you come over to test your toy?" I asked.

He suddenly took out his phone and begins to play what I think a traditional tribal prayer maybe recorded during a ceremony or something? (I hear drumming and several men chanting in a strong vocal tone)

"Koji-san? What exactly is going on? You will not hear the chanting inside the house you know?" He nodded and muted the "music" and pointed his finger at the backyard and did a hush sign. All the sudden both of us heard the chanting right outside the backyard.

I was surprised because he seemed to be used to such situation that I thought he was playing a trick on me.

But then there is a sudden breezy feeling and I thought I felt something just touched me on my left arm very lightly and went away with a light wind. "Is it gone?" I asked trying to understand what is going on.

My friend took out the device it sparked in blue at first then it became green. "Wow, I wish I could record that on my phone, this is the first time I experienced such phenomena!" He told me in a very excited attitude, I gave him a "really?" look.

How do you guys think of my friend's "baketan" spirit checking device and the light touching experience of mine?

Are you a technology believer or more of a skeptic like me?

Oh for the touching experience I have heard I think from someone here? That sometimes it's Mother Nature herself telling us that the season is coming to an end (sorry I don't remember from who's story that was... Maybe it was something else).

What do you think?

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+5
5 months ago (2023-11-21)
Hello Kent! Thanks for commenting again!
I was just wondering why would you run away from calm spirits 😁
No worries!
KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+3
5 months ago (2023-11-21)
Arh yes Blosomes, I do believe I meant red and not blue.

Well spotted.
Kent
(⁽͈˙̑⁾˔̉⁽˙̑⁾͈)
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+5
5 months ago (2023-11-19)
Hello lady-glow!
Hmm... 🤔
Well I am not familiar with that yet... And I will not get one not because of the anti comments of the device... Just being myself 🙄 lol

Rajine!
Sure I will do more research especially while I am still having my life on the land itself!

KenS80
Hello sir! Hmm... I will not run if it is blue... But I might be worried if it is red for awhile 😨
KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+3
5 months ago (2023-11-19)
I can not say I am familiar with the device your friend uses Blosomes, but I do know all about chilling eerie feelings. I would run away if the light was blue indicating spirits. That is for sure.

Good luck,
K.S
(⁽͈˙̑⁾˔̉⁽˙̑⁾͈)
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+5
5 months ago (2023-11-17)
Hi again

Yes researching the history of your place will put a lot of things into perspective I feel, do you by any chance know the meaning of the chanting, assuming that you can hear the actual words being said?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
5 months ago (2023-11-16)
Hi Roy.

Interesting story.

I read some reviews for this item (Baketan) and, not surprisingly, there's some in favour and some others against its value as a paranormal activity detection tool.

Https://www.amazon.com/%E3%80%90Ghost-Detector%E3%80%91-Ghost-Rock-BAKETAN/product-reviews/B07HLM8XDQ/ref=cm_cr_getr_mb_paging_btm_3?pageNumber=3

Thanks for sharing.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+4
5 months ago (2023-11-16)
Hey Rajine!
What an observation 😳
Now that you said... Maybe 🤔
So were there strangers at the first place then the chanters? 😲
Wow! I sure need to learn more about my place then
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
5 months ago (2023-11-16)
Hi blosomes

I knew from when I commented on your last post that the chanting wasn't malevolent, technology has been used extensively in supernatural cases so I do feel that it works, from your narrative the baketan device was red at first, and after that turned blue just after the chanting outside and then green when it ended, so on a way I guess those spirits outside could be protecting you I suppose...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: