You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grampy?

Real Ghost Stories

Grampy?

 

Hey everyone. I'm new to this site but I felt compelled to share my experience with you.

A few years ago now I was in bed sleeping when I felt a pair of hands on my body gently pushing me. I woke with a start and saw a tall dark figure standing over me. I jumped out of my skin as you can imagine, but before I could do anything it spoke. 'No, it's ok. You were going to roll out of bed and I was just pushing you back.' I thought I recognised the voice and drifted back to sleep.

Having a history of rolling out of bed as a child it didn't strike me as odd that on this one-off I might do it again. But the next morning when I asked my father if he'd visited my room the night before he claimed he hadn't. The only explanation I could come up with was that my grandfather, who had passed away before I was born, and who resembled my father, was the one who had accidentally awakened me.

A few months later I think he visited again. I was sleeping but become concious as I became aware of my feet poking out from underneath the quilt. I remember saying out loud 'can you pull the quilt down please'. And just like that, my quilt was mysteriously pulled over my feet.

Last year I went to a spirit medium and he told me details about my grandfather he couldn't possibly have known, and confirmed that he was my night-time visitor.

I feel kind of sad he hasn't visited since but I know he's around and he'll show up whenever I need him. But I know I'm not the only grandchild so he's bound to be around somewhere.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NicoIxion, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
Hi Nico, welcome to YGS, That was so sweet! I hope you have a lot more lovely experiences with Grampy. 😊
My Grandpa died before I was born, so never knew him. I believe he loved children, & I am sorry that I never got to know him.
You are truely blessed! 😐
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Wonderful story, You are a lucky lady! I hope you get to experience more of his sweetness... 😁
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
So cute and touching story that was!...I am sure your Grandpa is really very caring and protective of you... And you are indeed lucky to have his visits to check your well-being.If possible, do let him know that you too love him a lot and thank him for his caring nature towards you. I am asking you to do this since if I were in place of you, I surely would have done that... Take care...
Micha_1998 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
That's a lovely story:) I do believe this is your grandad if you ask me! Did he sound like your dad? Did his hands feel like your dads? Did you see any facial features at all? Thanks for sharing! 😊 Keep safe!
Micha ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: