You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Fast-food Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Fast-food Ghost

 

When I was 19 years old, I got a job at a local fast food joint. I worked the morning shift than would attend college at night. My manager and I would meet up at the same time every morning, 8am, he would unlock the doors, let us in, than lock the store back up behind us. I would start preparing all the food while he grabbed his deposit and make his way to the bank (locking the doors behind him), leaving me there alone to finish up prepping for the day.

One morning after my manager had left; I was in the middle of prepping the vegetables for the day when I noticed from my station that there was a man at the front of the store, waiting at the register. I only had a quick glance at him but I noticed I couldn't see his face, as if there was a shadow covering it. I yelled up to him that I'd be up there in a second. I disposed of my gloves than made may way out of the kitchen to the register. The gentleman was gone by that point. I figured my manager forgot to lock the door behind him after he had left for the bank and the man figured the store was open and ready for business.

Shortly after, my manager returned with the cash he needed for the day. I told him he forgot to lock the door behind him and a customer came in. He looked at me puzzled and said he just unlocked the door to let himself in. I explained to him what happened and he just chuckled. He then told me a story of a man who was killed right outside of our store after buying some food, beheaded by an 18-wheeler while on his motorcycle. This man would than occasionally visit the store, forever to repeat the same actions he did right before he died.

Needless to say, I could tell the stores celebrity ghost wasn't dangerous but after seeing what I did, I made sure I waited outside every time my manager had to leave me to go to the bank.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, drkn56n, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
A nice truthfull account drkn56n, its little accounts like these that skeptics need to witness in order to make them believers. This is a classic example of a residual haunting, what a shocking way to die I hope the man has moved on to where he needs to be aswell.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I would have smuck him in the head if he chuckled at me like that. This is really scary man.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Just my quarter of a cent's worth here ~ if the ghost isn't harmful (more of a residual manifestation?) I would not have been worried. I'm no expert, but it seems like it might have been safer to stay in the store and just keep your eyes on the job at hand, if you knew the door was locked and you'd see the same thing again if you looked that way.

I liked your account in any case:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: