You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Disappearing Food And Noisy Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Disappearing Food And Noisy Footsteps

 

While I was coming home from school today, I felt afraid for seemingly no reason at a particular crossing that I have to go across almost everyday to reach home. A sheer terror gripped me all of a sudden and all I could think about was to get home as soon as possible. Just a few minutes after I had crossed over and was well on my way home, an unsettling feeling clouded my mind. I heard loud footsteps; as though somebody wearing a pair of loose plastic flip-flops was following me. I turned around but saw nobody.

When I finally reached home, I was feeling okay again so I called my mom and told her about my strange experience. My mom told me that a pregnant woman had died due to an aneurysm a few hours before on the crossing. My mom is a doctor and she had been on the spot when this incident had happened. I don't know the exact details as my mom was called to an emergency surgery while we were talking, so she told me that we would discuss it when she would come back.

I heated my lunch in the microwave and put it out on the table. When I came back a few minutes later, the lunch was NOT on the table but back in the microwave. I was alone at home and I distinctly remembered having put it out, however I shrugged it off.

Before I could start eating, somebody frantically rang the doorbell. I rushed to open the door; however, I could see no one from the magic eye. Again, I shrugged it off and went back to the table. The lunch was NOT there but in the microwave, AGAIN. As I was puzzling over this singular occurrence, I heard the same noisy footsteps behind me, as if someone wearing a pair of loose plastic flip-flops was running towards me. I turned to see absolutely nothing but the flapping curtains. This time I got a bit freaked out and was starting to feel afraid, so I immediately went to my room, leaving the food untouched in the microwave.

Fortunately, nothing happened after this and both my parents arrived home soon so I just let it be.

I know this is not very dramatic but it left me wondering if all this happened today because of that woman's death.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UntilDark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
WiniPu4
May I ask why a spirit of a pregnant woman would want a teenager to approach her family and tell them anything? Any information that they would need they would get from actual medical personnel. The family of the deceased would not want to hear how a teenager was upset over crossing the road the deceased died on. A spirit would either cross over right away or give the family some time to heal and send a better messenger or bring a message themselves.
Lady-glow April fools is coming early this year.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
Sorry I was just been daft but I do think you have nothing to worry about and should take it easy
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
It sounds as though her spirit, knowing that you could feel her presence followed you back to your house, and wanted to make certain that you were aware of her. It is said that spirits often attempt to get through to whoever they can. Perhaps she cannot get through to her loved ones & wanted you to relay a message to them, if only to tell them of your experience. If one chooses to do this, it may not always be well received at the time. But as our belief systems often change over time they might reflect upon it in the years to come and it may bring them comfort to know that there is an afterlife & she was trying to communicate in whatever way she could. But you never know, they might welcome it.
Blessings
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-11)
It's possible that you are just a touch sensitive and you 'felt' the event that happened earlier at that crossing... This feeling resulted in a mild panic attack which caused you to 'hear the footsteps'. Once home, having been shaken up by the earlier event you merely 'thought' you took the food out of the microwave. Next thing that happens, while your mind is still uneasy, is a 'ding, dong ditch'...so you placed your food back in the microwave... Saw no one at the door, which triggered raising fear again... Causing you to forget you put the food up... As far as those last 'footsteps' you heard... Merely the sound of the curtain being blown around.

Just some possibilities based on the details provided by you.

Question...what could have caused the curtain to move... Open window... AC vent... You walking past and brushing it? These are something's to consider concerning your experience. Just my 2 cents.

Respectfully,

Rook
mrfknbee (39 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-11)
Have you asked the microwave if he saw what happened to your food
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
[at] ladyglow
Whatever I've related in this experience is true. I forgot to mention that my mom assigned the duty of the surgery to another doctor because she wanted to come home quickly to see me as I sounded genuinely disturbed on the phone.
Please have faith in my account because I don't want to waste time by telling false stories.
Sincerely,
UntilDark
Drowning_Sadness (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I don't mean to sound rude or ignorant but I don't understand why the spirit of a recently deceased pregnant woman would be playing games with your food. The doorbell ringing I understand although it could have just been some kids playing ding dong ditch.

If anything it was probably just a playful spirit messing with you but I highly doubt it was the pregnant lady.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
[at] lady-glow, Untildark was speaking to her mom on the phone, so we can assume her mom (being a doctor) was at the hospital. She gets called away on a emergency surgery.

The whole doubt is regarding the part where her parents "arrived home soon". Perhaps the Emergency operations didn't take much time. Perhaps the hospital was quite close y. It all depends on Untildark clarifying the "Soon' issue.

[at] Untildark, A Living Human Body occupies both the physical Plane and the Astral Plane. When a human dies, their Physical body will be destroyed (decompose off in a burial or cremated into ashes). But the death will leave a vacuum in the Astral Plane which could be the residual haunting you are experiencing in the particular location you felt nervous.

I have no idea regarding the flapping sounds of flip flops. Perhaps an overworked mind? Or perhaps, a real paranormal experience? Maybe.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Is it BS blanket time?! 😠
"...as my mom was called to an emergency surgery while we were talking, so she told me that we would discuss it when she would come back."
"...nothing happened after this and both my parents arrived home soon so I just let it be."

Unless your mother got to the hospital by teleporting and performed the surgery using a magic wand, I find it hard to believe that she could make it back home within the time it took for you to warm your lunch in the microwave and taking it twice out of there!🤔

I'm sorry for being rude, but this is hard to swallow

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: