You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted By A Ghost Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted By A Ghost Girl

 

I have lived in my house all my life and I never believed in ghosts until about two years ago in 2010. I remember seeing hints, as a kid, involving things moving, shadows crossing mirrors or in the corner of my eye, and an occasional whisper. I had dismissed it as being only in my mind. However, not long after my 13th birthday in October, I found a small flower on my bed. When I looked up about flowers I found out that this flower was a "Black-Eyed Susan". I received this flower a few times over the course of five weeks and each time the flower was either slightly wilted or wilted. When I addressed my parents about it, they had worried looks but told me I was imagining things.

After another month had passed, I found actual writing in my diary. It only said, "Adeline". When I showed it to my parents they claimed I had written that, and even though it was clearly not my handwriting because I had terrible cursive handwriting, whereas the writing in the diary was perfect cursive. That night while I was sleeping on the top part of my bunk-bed, (the lower part belonged to my older sister, who moved away) I could hear someone moving in the lower bunk. When I looked and saw no one there, I again dismissed it as my imagination. That very night I had a dream of a dark-haired girl sitting in a field of flowers and when she turned to look at me... She had no face! When I woke up at 3:23AM (I know because I looked at my alarm clock) I heard a soft voice calling my name. After that, I didn't have anything happen to me until my 14th birthday.

I was talking to one of my friends on the phone on November 16th at around 11:30, and suddenly the phone went dead! I was about to put the phone down when the phone opened up again. I thought my friend was still on the other side so I asked, "Are you still there?" but then a small, timid sounding voice whispered, "I am here and I am waiting..." I freaked out and I slammed the phone into the receiver.

I then looked up on the internet about my house. This was when I actually learned about the history of the house. Apparently it is over 50 years old and the previous family had moved out due to the untimely death of one of the girls in the household. Since the remaining family member lived several blocks away from me, I decided to pay them a visit. When I was riding there on my bike I passed a large, dead, field. It took me a moment to recognize it, but it was definitely the field from my dream. When I got to the house an elderly woman answered the door. When I told her that I came to her to inquire about her sister she let me in.

She told me that her sister had been disliked by the parents due to her choice of friends and the fact the she "never did anything right". The father even beat her because of that! She began to be disobedient; often leaving the house without permission to be with her friends (I was told she was 12 at the time). Then one night she came home at 3:00AM, crying. Her parents were awakened and began yelling at her about staying late and also that she was making a huge fuss. Then the sister got into bed and cried. Abby (the woman's name) thought that she would be okay and fell back asleep after her sister got into bed. However in the morning, the sister was not in bed. Abby finally found her 20 minutes later in the bathroom next to her bedroom, pills in hand. She had killed herself by overdosing on medicine. The sister's name was Adeline. Then Abby showed me a picture of the girl and I started shaking. It was clearly the girl from my dream! I told Abby about the strange phenomena occurring in my house and Abby said that Adeline's restlessness was the reason they moved out in the first place. She asked my name and when I told her; Abby's eyes widened. Amanda was the name of Adeline's closest friend, who had visited her often. She told me that I looked like her. When I told her about the flower, she said that the Black-eyed Susan was Adeline's favorite flower.

I'm not sure if I should be worried but for now it appears Adeline wants to talk to me. She seems to be benign but what should I do in the meantime?

Other hauntings by puppy5282

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, puppy5282, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Halloween2013 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
if she wants to talk to you you should find a way to communicate with her, you may also want to find out what happened to Adeline's friend Amanda, there are coincidences in the Paranormal world, but if you look a lot like her maybe there is something to it, it can't hurt to look.
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
Also, Abby at first had a grieved/pained look on her face before letting me in.
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-21)
Princess,
If you read the previous comments, I had to ask around for a bit before I found someone with that information. I didn't say how long it took because I don't know. It felt like a while though. Also if Adeline came at around 3:00 (Abby said she couldn't remember the exact time but it was just around that time) and she was found in the morning then she would be dead after taking the pills. I wrote this story as a summary of what happened. Not all tennage stories are false. I don't want to argue with you because that's not how I do things. However this story is resolved so there is no need to go on about it.:)
Puppy
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
I was wrong. The chick lived several blocks from you. & she was just so eager to share with you her poor sisters demise? This story stinks of what I am most allergic to. You all know what I mean. I am starting to lose hope in YGS & I really don't want to. I love you guys. But more & more of these posts are getting so retarded. I don't comment on much any more bc I just can't be nice to bullsh! T posters a bullsh! T people who comment on the post & encourage this crap or say something ever more bullsh! Tty than th OP. I'm sure no names need to be mentioned.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Ok. Demonic- you are an idiot.

There are a few things that cause me to not believe this story. I have to mention them since I had to read it. One thing is that when people overdose on pills, it causes kidney & liver failure. This takes a while to finally kill the person. I have never heard of it causing instant death. So I don't believe that part. Two: the supposed sister that lived what was it,...? 20 minute away? I don't remember, but can I ask how you got so much info. On former occupants?
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
at everyone
Sorry this took so long, I just had a hard time trying to figure out how to describe it. Well here goes nothing.
I went to the Glenwood Cemetary and right then it felt like I couldn't really breathe, like my chest was being pushed by someone. I started running to get away because I thought it was something dangerous. After several minutes of being 'pushed' it finally stopped in the older part of the cemetary. I thought maybe Adeline was trying to tell me something, maybe her grave location. I started looking at all the graves, (the oldest one was 1902 to 1911, must have been influenza 😢) After lots of searching I thought that it was another pointless visit, when I saw it. In the corner, next to a tombstone with a cross on it, was a small block almost like someone took a few cinder blocks and took away the spacing in between. It was perhaps around 1 or 2 foot high? On the grave it said, 'Adeline Gallagar 1946 to 1958' My mom and I had bought some Black-eyed Susans before we came so I put the flowers on her grave and said a long prayer for her. If you want I can post it in a seperate comment. What happened next was what shocked me and made it difficult to write what happened. Just as I got up to leave something like a whisper, I can't really explain it. I think it was Adeline, she said 'Thank you'.
I actually feel kind of sad and happy at the same time. I'm happy she may have found peace but I'm sad she didn't stay longer. I guess that's a little selfish but now I'm not really scared. 😊 I actually kind of wish I could find another ghost. Who knows.
With lots of love,
Puppy ❤
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Good luck and please do keep us updated.
I hope that she is resting now, have you seen her again?

Spider
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
TO everyone still reading this
Adeline was not at the Cemetary. However I know where she MAY be. I know this may seem crazy but I had a vision... I feel she may be in Glenwood Cemetary. I'm going there today so I'll keep you posted. If she's there, all my ghost problems will be solved.
Puppy
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Rook
If you want to know about the cemetary it's a city cemetary. I'm going to be going in a few minutes so I won't be able to reply for an hour or two. Actually my mom told me something suprising. My uncle Don used to light a candle and burn some incense everyday. When she asked why he did it he said he was helping a friend go to heaven. My mom told me that a few weeks before this, his closest friend drowned in Lake Conroe. Then my mom told me, word for word, "If you are also helping someone go to heaven, know I'll always be here to help." Then we hugged eachother.:)
I guess that really does prove how much she loves me. Rook, I think this experience not only introduced me to the paranormal, but it also brought me closer to my mom. If Adeline IS at the cemetary, then I'll be sure to put the Black-eyed Susans on her grave and say a prayer for her.
Most happily yours,
Puppy ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Puppy,

Your Mom may think your 'crazy' but at least she is letting you 'put your imaginary friend' behind you.

As far as the Cleansing goes, You have found help. People who do not just dismiss your experience and say 'your nuts' and you did that on your own by reaching out and sharing with us here. Time for a bit of 'faith' in yourself, Do what feels 'right' to you. Either way really doesn't matter, what matters is you doing what feels 'Right' for this situation.

So, you are going to check the local cemetery to look for her grave? A couple of questions concerning this 'mission'. Is it a Church Graveyard or a Municipal (city/county) Graveyard? I ask because some organized Churches did not bury 'suicides' in 'hollowed' (Church...blessed) ground and she may not have been buried there. I wish you luck in your attempt to find her grave, take some flowers (Carnations are fine... Better yet find some Black Eyed Susan's) and if you do find the grave site, place them on the grave and tell her it's OK to move on.

So, take a moment, ask yourself if you should continue from where you are at or start the process over again and trust that your 'inner voice' knows what's the Right thing to do. It sounds as if your Parent's, at least your Mother, may not understand 'you' but seem to trust you enough that they allowed you do do the Cleansing... And that says a lot about how much they love you. (Yup, I used the L word 😉)

Please ask any questions you may have and Thank you for the update, please keep them coming.

Respectfully,

Rook
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Rook
I apologize for replying so late. About how Adeline is 'earthbound', the way you explained makes sense. She was abused by her parents so she killed herself and then regretted doing it. I have often heard stories that for people who commit or tried to commit suicide, before they die they desperatly want to live. Poor Adeline, I feel sorry for her.
I did the day two method. (My mom was staring at me the entire time... I told her it would put my 'imaginary friend' behind me) Should I restart the 1st method tomorrow? Or wait and go to the graveyard first to see if she's there and THEN do it.
With love,
Puppy ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Puppy,

You have asked an excellent question. Let's see how well I can answer it. 😉

You stated this, "I think Adeline may have negative energy from the grief she experienced when she was alive."

If all the information you have is correct then I 'feel' it's not the 'grief' she experienced during her life that holds her 'earthbound'. She took her own life to escape that 'grief' and once free of her physical body I do not 'feel' her spirit would have continued to remain. No I 'feel' it's regret that has kept her 'earthbound'. She regrets what she did and is now reaching out to you for something... Perhaps understanding, sympathy... I truly do not know. She reached out to you because you are close to her age when she took her own life and she 'feels' close to you in some way. It helps that your name is the name of her friend and that you resemble her.

We must also consider the fact that you, yourself... Your body and mind are going through some changes. These changes produce an energy that spirits are attracted to and can use to manifest.

I think you will find as you continue the Cleansing / Shielding Method that Adeline will feel the change in the energy and as the positive energy begins to flow it may sooth her negative feelings and regrets and allow her to move on. You can also include a thought, a few words of encouragement or simply ask her to move on as she has loved ones that are waiting for her.

Again, this method is not designed to 'force' anything out. It allows for an exchange of energy with-in a home and as the energy changes the negative is dispersed and the positive takes it's place. It may take more than 'one attempt' to 'change out' all the energy, but you said the 'one day method' seemed to have some impact so the complete recipe should not take to long to help you.

I hope I haven't babbled to much, again please ask any questions you may have and keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Puppy, that entity might possibly be an unhappy one. If you are sure that the entity is haunting you because you have the similar name of her friend, then you got to be careful. Be nice to her and do not show any fear before the entity. I remember that I have written in my previous comments in other story about it. Be courageous, sometimes things can go out of hands. The entity which seem to be good might turn out into a violent breath taking entity. Cleaning is always not the best idea. Some entities become more violent if they come to know that you are trying to cast them away. Especially during rainy, storm and thunders, many people told that nothing works against them, they can easily over power us. I am not trying to scare you, but just warning you to know more about what you are dealing with. Like, why she thinks that you are same person, why she does not want you becoming close with others (the phone went dead while you were talking with others), all these things should find an answer before you commit doing something. I might be wrong, but out of some experiences I recall, I strictly suggest you to know in detail regarding what kind of entity you are dealing with. Always remember, do not show any sign of fear. I see that you are courageous right now. Sometimes entities adopt themselves with a new scary look to shatter your courage. All the best.
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
All are new to me here. I knew none of the members here. I just want to make sure that none of the comments go waste. After reading Dominic's comments I understand something which you might have understood too. He is trying to get some attention by making himself a room here. He is either boastful or adamant. Most of the time these scientists are like that. When they speak, it is very difficult to make out the topic. You cannot say that if he truly works for NASA then he should not get any time for other activities. I will be busy all the time in hospital, yet I have time for my family, friends etc. Maybe he did not answer your questions which possibly would have made him think that the topic would get diverted. My point is very clear. He certainly would have been some use over here. Look at me, my studies has got no room for paranormal activities. I am a doctor, yet I do believe in this paranormal activities. I personally encountered while I was treating my patients which made me believe in this paranormal activities. Soon after that I relate medical diagnosis with paranormal studies. I am very interested in relating these two subjects. If anybody has any contact information of him please share with me. Thank you. Rook nice meeting you.
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Rook
I have just realized how many stories you have written and I am amazed at how much you have experienced. It makes me realize that there are STRANGER things than my experience with Adeline. However I would like to say something about your method of cleansing. I think Adeline may have negative energy from the grief she experienced when she was alive. I think that after seeing me, all those negative feelings flowed back to her. Could perhaps your method cleanse Adeline as well and help her pass on?
With love,
Puppy ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Moen,

Ummm, until you posted this comment it had, as you put it, ended. I will start by saying we encourage the use of the scientific method and prefer to read experiences in which people have tried to 'de-bunk' what's happening around them. We actually embrace this quote..."when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." (Special Bonus if you can tell me who said it and from which story it was said in...)

But hey, I'm game, let's see what the 'record says'.

Dominic stated (each quoted so there is no misunderstanding)

"Reason 2) I referred this case study to my psychiatrist who said that this is a made up story..."

He referred this 'case' to HIS psychiatrist, singular... As in one person and with out your reasoning...ie...wanting to speak to the individual HIS psychiatrist told him it was a made up story.

"Reason 3) I referred this to my scientific research team currently who are working on extra terrestrial life science project NASA... They too didn't agree with this story..."

Now I stated, a rather a blanket comment I know, that this was hardly an unbiased group as there is a good chance the majority of them do not believe in spirits.

Then dominic really said something that made me go 'huh!'

"Ghosts never reveal their identity... You will never know, who it is, what it is or any of the questions will remain as questions, and none of your questions will be answered..."

I asked about this comment, wanting to know what he based this 'observation' on and never received a response, at least a direct one, to this. Then there is this comment from dominic...

"Best example is BERMUDA TRIANGLE... Earlier people though that it was aliens who attack there and sink the planes and ships, some even believed that ghosts have done, and there are many movies regarding that... And there were many theories put forward... But currently, we know the reason behind the mystery..."

He claimed to know the reason behind the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle?!? Again I asked just what he was talking about and again I WAS IGNORED!

I'm not going to quote everything that made me question dominic and his conclusions... At the end of everything he said we had a 'character profile' that read thusly...

US Scientist working in India on a NASA project working on a " extra terrestrial life science project" (his words)

This individual see's a psychiatrist, he showed them this story...

This individual has had the time 'outside' working for NASA to research 20, 852 'cases' of paranormal activity across India, Asia, Europe and America? (Man I wish I could afford that kind of time off.) After stating that he however says to me...

"Rook, you are more experienced than me, no doubt..."

Sorry after all that I had to call 'him out' if he preformed that many case studies then he would have 'bounds' more experience than me. Now you draw attention back to 'him' and say we may have misunderstood 'him'...Sorry, not buying it... Please if you wish to continue this conversation let's take it over to one of my experiences, say this one...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020

(It's become my 'catch all' so that the O/P can receive the aid, help or advice they sought and yet odd debates like this can continue...)

I shall be at work and able to comment for the next four hours, after that I have to prepare to go home, hope you'll 'drop in'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Puppy it is not only you who has faced such entity. I would like to add my aunt to this list. She always told that there was some woman waiting outside for her to tell her something. She happens to act like a freak at nights. Nobody could put her to sleep. She never found herself alone during nights. There was a bedroom which opens into the garden in our compound. She always told us that somebody was waiting near the window. My aunt never told us lies, more than that she was a bold nurse who has worked in the night shifts in the hospital many a times. Once her classmate who was her best friend got admitted in the hospital. She was trying to tell something, my aunt was busy giving her treatment. She died after few minutes. After that my aunt turned out to be a paranormal victim. She was haunted. We gave her courage saying that she was her friend and she does not have anybody other than her, who wish to share something. With that courage she met her alone during early parts of evening. She told about her son who was forcefully taken away from her during her separation with her husband. She has given her the details. For our astonishment the details my aunt told were perfect. We found the boy who was suffering under the clutches of his stepmother. We handed all the property of his mother to him. Most of the time we fear for ghosts and entities. It need not be like that all the time. Thank you for reading.
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
[at] all
We cannot simply ignore Dominic's comments. He has made his point very clear. Perhaps we misunderstood here. It is always thoughtful to refer experts of various fields before grouping it under paranormal activities. Even I am a psychiatrist, sometimes it is quite challenging for us to arrive at a conclusion. I do not know how Dominic has referred this to a psychiatrist, but I wonder at the result. It all depends on whom you are approaching. How many psychiatrists has he consulted and how many has agreed and disagreed is important factor. He simply cannot come to a conclusion with one. If you ask me about my opinion regarding this story I would probably say that I cannot decide unless I talk to the person directly. After reading all the comments here I understand that he is a person who does not belong here to this set of people. He stated that he is straightforward and would talk with unbiased answers. He might be of some use in this group. He stated that he solved more than 20 thousand cases, and one of our friends gave a suggestion regarding math. This engineer must understand that life is not a math and there are so many things which you cannot put into calculation. In our hospital we deal daily at an average of 500 outpatients per day. Start calculating now. We work as a team which includes surgeons, anesthesia experts, pediatricians, gynecology, etc. We have various departments. Somebody told here that they can produce his number. I am curious, please email me at moesaxena [at] doctor.com
Lets end this now.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
puppy,

I'm glad things seem more peaceful. As I mentioned, if not here then in other places, if there is negative energy and or a negative / malevolent spirit or entity it may take more than one attempt to completely disperse the energy or the spirit itself. One must stay positive and fill ones home and heart with love...it's one of the best 'natural' shields against anything negative.

Please keep us updated and if you have any questions please feel free to ask them.

Respectfully,

Rook
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Girlie
I explained in an earlier post that I didn't find out information about it directly on the internet. I found out WHERE I could find out about the house.
Rook
I tried your day 1 method and I feel a lot more at ease. I think it might be working.
Miricles
You were doing your job however it simply got out of hand.
Everyone else
Now that everything is under control (hopefully) things will get better. If Adeline doesn't leave but is just THERE for me if I need her or doesn't do anything more strange then I suppose I could live with a ghost in my house. I am still being introduced to the paranormal so I am confused about all of this.
Love,
Puppy ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
hold on. First off puppy I DO BELIEVE YOU. And I hate it when parents don't believe in what their children say mainly because they are children. Anyway, why do you want the ghost out of your house. I know it's most likely scaring you, but I think it just loves the fact that your her long ago "friend" (not really but I think you remind the ghost of her) I don't really think it necessarily to get rid of her like that. Anyway how did you find out information on your house. I've been trying to do the same thing for my own, but nothing is coming up. I would love to know how to do it.
GIRLIE ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Yeah, Jav... And my bartender told me I don't have a drinking problem.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Okay, I've read the story. I have combed through all the posts. This whole thing got pretty crazy with this Dominic guy. My favorite part of his comments was this, and I quote:
"Reason 2) I referred this case study to my psychiatrist who said that this is a made up story..."

Now that's funny!

Jav 😆 😆
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Dear Dominic I appreciate your scientific efforts in dealing with paranormal activities. You should know that while dealing with paranormal activities you should put all your scientific theories in your sock because none of them apply to paranormal activities. I have two words for you. You know what I mean.
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
My suggestion would be very simple. Just take a pen and paper and place it near your bed. Next time when you see her (ghost), write your name on a paper. Try to find the paper in the morning. If you have your name on it, then you are not imagining, if not you are imagining. After reading your story I am pretty sure that you have solved it. Applause, well done.
Moen (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Hello everybody, I am a new member here. I like this story very much. Thank you for sharing.
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Stop this argument... Please stop it. Enough is enough. We all are here to solve Puppy's problem, giving her ideas about how to deal with the situation Puppy is currently facing. Not to decide who is a liar and who is Satyavadi Raja Harishchandra (Honest King Harishchandra). That's it. 😠 😐
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
puppy - I sincerely apologize for my part in the arguments between dominic and I. I try to stay out of any situation like that, but I obviously failed this time.

I am glad Rook was able to help you with your situation. I consider him a friend and he is very good at what he does. And in addition to the advice he has already given, if you have questions or don't understand something, he'll be here to help you each step of the way.

I won't respond to anymore of dominic's comments because I don't want to cause any more distractions on your story. I wish you the best. ❤
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Rook is right. I should have asked for clarification.

Rook is often spot on, and has helped a lot of people here.

I still want to know more about how the research was conducted. As a former newspaper reporter, I am skeptical.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
You have understood pretty much everything I said Mr. MSc in organic chemistry. Do you want me to put down your phone number, address and origin here? I don't think you'd like that. And you are American? The language that you use in all of your posts is very un-American. My American friends here would be able to see through that. All you need to do is say the word, and I will be glad to oblige and show you some of my 'research'.

Please refrain from lying on a forum where everyone is an 'expert' in some field or the other.

On this note, let's not sabotage Puppy's page and take this discussion somewhere else.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: