You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Diana

Real Ghost Stories

Diana

 

I was packing my things when my room mate Diana went in. We are studying on different school but we are room mates for 3 years. She was jolly and nice. But that afternoon she looked sad. I asked her what was wrong with her but she assured me she's ok. She's just tired so I didn't bother her. She lies on her bed and close her eyes. When I finished doing my things I bid her goodbye. She rose, hugged me and told me to take care. I smiled at her and told her to give me a call if she needs someone to talk to.

I am going home for the weekends, as my daily routine for 3 years. I was thinking of Diana on my way home. As I reached home I decided to call her but I cannot reach her. I started to get worried. I told my mom about it and she told me maybe she was sleeping and her phone got low bat. I dismiss the thoughts that are coming in my mind, I am not feeling good on whatever is happening on her. Around 9: 15 pm after our dinner I received a call from her. I told her I was worried about her and it's a good thing she called.

"Stop worrying cat, I'm ok. I just want to tell, you you're so nice and I'll miss you."

"What are talking about? I will be back on Sunday afternoon, you never miss me during weekends!" This sounded weird now and my hands got cold! "Are you not going home?" I asked her.

"No. Look Cat I need to go now, goodnight. Just send my regards to your mom"

"Ok, I'll just tell her. Bye" she cut the line and my heart was still pounding fast. I told my mom Diana is ok, she just called me and she sends you her regards. After few minutes my cell phone rang, it was our land lady. She was crying and freaking out. I cannot understand what she is saying. I told her to calm down and tell me what happened.

She told me that at around 8:45 pm they heard a noise from our room, so she decided to come. She knocked and called Diana because she knows I already left that afternoon, but there are no response, so she opened the door. She almost got a heart attack when she saw Diana hanging on the ceiling! She then called other borders and asked for help but when they got Diana down, she was no longer breathing. They tried to revive her while the ambulance was on its way but she was dead already!

I was speechless! She just called me few minutes ago! It can't be! The hair on my nape rose! My bloods run cold! I don't know what to say.

"Catherine, are you still there?" Our land lady asked me.

"Yes. Where is she now?"

"We already called her parents, they are on their way to pick-up her body."

Her body, I can't believe it.

We ended the call and I told my mother what happened. She also cannot believe what happened.

The following day we went to Diana's place for the funeral. I still can't believe everything happened just like that. I told her mom our last talk, she cried and told me she also received a call from Diana but that was before she did it.

Until now, I cannot believe what happened. I am just praying that wherever she is, she's just ok. Liked what she told me.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
That's a creepy and sad... But thanks for the wonderful story:)

❤ MaryAnne
ocean_tamer333 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
do you have any idea why she might have commited suicide? It seems a very out of the ordinary thing to do for what seems like such a bubbly person 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
silver_surfer,

You continue to pull up older experiences and say asinine comments... Could you please, PLEASE think about what you are saying because your comments are neither constructive / helpful / nor appreciated.

Respectfully (but getting testy),

Rook
silver_surfer (22 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
why did she committed suicide? It's an unforgettable sin to do and her soul will not be welcomed in heave for that... What did she do it? What's her problem by the way?
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
I also recieved a call from a loved one early in the morning, but I was wide awake. It was my grandma. She told me not to worry and to take care of my younger sibilings. Before I could reply,she'd hanged up. The call, mysteriously erased by itself. I remembered it was around 5:00am when she called, but I was soon told she had passed away in the hospital at 4:00am... 😭
hannaho011 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Wow, is this real? Anyway it's freaky:S, I hope it's better, there's comments saying it's from a book?
xxMayLovablexx14366 (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Catherine, after Diana died, are you feeling someone who is with you or is there any spirit that is haunting you? Because Diana's soul is still here in us and she's just roaming around so maybe her spirit is sometimes haunting or like that...
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
i've already knew your story... I already read this from true philippine ghost story... Is this really your story or you just made this up?... Nice one... You almost got me...
aQua05 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
awh. Tumawag pa amu xa:) namatay xa mga around 8:45... Peru tumawag sya mga 9:15:) ghost ata tumawag sau...
Akatsuki07 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
kakagulat talaga yun. Pero napakaganda at napakalungkot na kwento 😢. Ipagdasal mo nalang siya lagi.
princezz122 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
ano b un cause na bkit naghang cya?depression?nakakaawa tlga un fren mu
philippinegirl (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
wow! I read that from the "philippine ghost stories" book...hehe...salamat sa pagpublish ng story makagawa nga ng storya din hehehe... Good luck!
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Catherine,I live in Brunei Darusslam, I want to say have a happy time Diana, hope she gets my message. Tell her that I want her to be happy in Heaven(or reincarnated, meaning given a second live by God). 1 thing, why would she want to hang herself in the room? Tell me,please...
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Great story. Maki047 did you notice the tiny print about, your email address needs to be confirmed to write to Martin and give it to him?
I like your story hope you write more of them. I have heard that in your country and many countries, that the relatives collect the bodies of there loved ones.
Good story.
maki047 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
very very late post, but just wanted to say that in the philippines, they let the family pick up the dead relative's body and you can set up the funeral the next day. I believe you could actually set up the funeral the same day if the unfortunate thing happened early on during the day.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
beauttiful and sad story.

i pray whever your friend is she is happier. She obviously did not want you to worry, thus the phone call.

God bless!
Zelora (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
I received a phone call from a friend after she died too. See my posting called "Phone Call From Beyond". And this wasn't even a really close friend, in my case.
So I guess it happens!
Tamalee (5 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-04)
I don't know - maybe they do things differently there than they do here. It does seem odd that her parents would pick up the body and especially odd that the funeral would be the very next day. Usually it takes a few days until the funeral.
If this really happened, I think your friend was telling you she'll miss you because she was planning on killing herself. Then she called you again after she passed away to let you know she was okay...
LeslieRule (1 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Thanks for sharing your story. I am curious about something. Why in the world would the dead girl's family go pick up her body? Normally, the police would be called and there would be an investigation. Authorities would handle the removal of the body. I'm sorry, but that one detail makes me skeptical. But perhaps you simply misunderstood your landlord. I am an author of books of true ghost stories so I am very careful when it comes to determining the truth.
mary rose (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-16)
...awwww... your story is so nice but it is too sad because of your friend... its okay juz pray 4 her soul and thank god you found a friend lyk her... juz concder her an inspiration and bez friend...
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-01-11)
There are other stories arranged in a wierd angle also, they are old, but hey give the author a chance to give out her story, they are beads taken of by ghost? or something like that, just check in the bs section of the ghost stories icon thing, and also I forgot the other one, I will post another comment saying which one it is, so that Martin can do something about it.
nanny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-11)
one day I saw a ghost on a railroadtrack and it scared me half to death. Axually I pooped my pants!!!
anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-11)
its freaky she said I will miss you on the phone to you like she knew she was going to die sorry you lost your friend
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-01-11)
Thanks for catching it. I didn't see it because the problem only appeared in Internet Explorer (as is usually the case) and I use Firefox. All should be well now :-)
yvon (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-11)
hey, what's wrong with thiis page? why is it arrange this way?some letters are ommited though the words are obvious, it will be much better if the site can do something about it. Besides the story are worth reading. Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: