You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Princess Diana

Real Ghost Stories

Princess Diana

 

This is my mum's story, but she doesn't mind me putting it up.

I can't remember the exact date of the sighting but I know it was AFTER the death of Princess Diana. It was within the week that her funeral took place.

My mum claimed she was sat in our living room watching the T.V when something caught her eye in the garden. Our T.V back then was in the corner of the room and the front window was to the side of the T.V, so you could see straight out into our garden and the road.

She said she saw a grey coloured head, of what looked like a middle aged man with a woman's short hair style, floating above the grass. At first she though it was a reflection from the T.V or something but the head continued to hover in the air outside for a few minutes before vanishing.

She told a few people that day including me, my dad and one of my sisters what she had seen. My dads not really a big believer of ghosts/spirits so he shrugged it off as a reflection off the T.V. Me and my mum however have always said that we don't need telling there is an afterlife because we already know there is one, we also have our own theories for Deja Vu's etc.

Anyway, the next morning she had woken up and had began reading the paper, most pages were dedicated to Princess Diana's death, only to turn the page and see a picture that caught her eye and made her a bit freaked out. Someone had carved a life sized Bust of Princess Diana's head out of grey coloured rock. However the face resembled that of a middle aged man, not Diana. She showed us the image in the paper and claimed this is what she saw floating in the garden.

To this day she still has the paper in the loft in her house.

Comments welcome, thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Wow amazing! My dad was once told that Deja Vu is where your brain shuts down for a split second and then turns back on, and remembers it's seen something before. However, how come I had 4 Deja Vus in a row? Did it happen 4 times? I was at a resturaunt playing on one of those game where a claw grabs something. My first Deja Vu was the picture of a clown at the back of the inside of the machine. My second was the claw trying to grab 3 certain candies in the machine. My third was turning around and not seeing my little cousin around. My fourth was seeing softball players at sinks.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Thanks so much. Good luck finding it and I look forward to seeing it. 😁

God Bless.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Ill ask my mum next time I speak to her to see if she can find it and I'll scan it. I tried searching on the net for it but had no luck. I'll try again and post the link if I find it.
Hanbobs x
GothicWinter (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Hmm, that is a bit odd, maybe it was just that your mum had seen so many things about the death that she though she saw her?
I dunno, but it's really cool.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
That is slightly weird. 😕
Would you be able to post an image of the newspaper? I'd love to see it.
I also fully agree with your Deja-Vu theory.

God Bless.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
hmm I'm not sure what to make of this.

I remember when Princess Diana died. It was ALL over the media (even more in the UK than in the US I imagine) so it could be chalked up to sensory overload.

Then again it could have been something else
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Thanks for the comments guys! 😁
None of our family have anything to do with Royalty... What a shame! 😆 So I havn't a clue why my mum saw what she did.
Chrono ~ My theory is... Most of us have past lives and have been reborn countless of times. Everytime we have a Deja-vu is the point in our past life where we went wrong, whether it was something we said, a decision we made etc...
I believe we are sent back as a different person after we die but re-live a very similar life each time. This will continue until we make all the right decisions that our lives were designed to make. No- one is perfect so we sometimes choose to not follow the design in our life that was already planned out for us before we were born.
Also you might notice if you ask around, some people don't have Deja-vu's and have no idea what you are talking about. Normally in this case their personality is very shallow/sheltered because they are new to the world and have not re-lived it yet to have the experience that those who do get Deja-Vu's have...
I hope that makes sense hehe it's kind of hard to explain but it's just my theory! 😊
Hanbobs x
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Did your mother ever meet princess Diana? Did she ever have anything to do with her? Its a very interesting sighting.
Tori
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
I was just curious to know what your thoughts on Deja Vu are? I get Deja Vu frequently, so I would love to hear your theory.
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Thats wierd. Does any of your family have any relations to diana? Because its wierd how it picked your garden. Best wishes
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Good ol' Diana saying goodbye. Wise choice keeping the newspaper it will come in handy. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: