You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: How Did I Survive?

Real Ghost Stories

How Did I Survive?

 

This story begins at my cousins' house. I remember it just like it was yesterday, but I still have trouble trying to figure out how I ever made it out of the pool alive.

Well, my family decided to have a BBQ out in my uncle's backyard. I was about four at the time, and I remember that I didn't know how to swim. So, as the adults sat a few feet away, I sat at the shallow end watching all of my older cousins having the time of their lives down on the far side of the pool. As I sat there I wondered, "Hey, if my older cousins can jump into the deep end and come up, why can't I?" As I mustered up the courage, I stood up and took a step into the water. Something told me that what I was doing was not right, but I didn't listen and I continued any way.

Soon enough I found myself tip toeing into the deep end and soon after I couldn't feel the bottom of the pool. As soon as I couldn't feel the bottom of the pool, I panicked and flailed about in the water. I know that I somehow pushed myself deeper into the pool. My panicking was not helping at all. I was running out of breath. I felt light headed and I felt like it was the end for me, but right when I was about to give up, I looked up and I saw a black figure swim over me. It swam right over me and grabbed ahold of me. I remember it grabbed me very violently and dragged me to the shallow end.

I came up crying as I coughed up water. All of the adults looked over and wondered what had happened. Everybody seemed so confused because it all happened so quickly. I don't remember who brought the question up, but somebody had asked who took me out of the water. I looked around and I told them that I didn't know because nobody there had been wearing black.

So it's still a mystery to this day as to who took me out of the pool. If anybody has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peripeteia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shakierasheldon (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
have you ever thought that maybe because you were light headed you were also dazed so you couldn't see anyone properly. Pluse there might have been a shoadow casting ove it so that would make it even more blurry 😊 hoped it helped shakierasheldonxxx
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
I've pulled out this link a few times lately. It's a site where you'll find lots of amazing survival stories, some of them very similar to yours, that all revolve around a being who should not or could not have been there. Check it out: http://thirdmanfactor.igloocommunities.com/forums.
PurplePanda (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
And next time when something tells you something isn't right, listen to it. Your intuition is a God's gift to you.

I'm so glad you're still here among us! 😁
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Of course I will agree with the others... Guardian angel... But it could have been someone there at the pool as well. At four years old, sometimes our memory is not quite perfect. In fact, sometimes we remember things a lot differently than what really happened. However, I am willing to say that it was your guardian angel and whom is probably still looking over you. Do you ever feel a presence of one around you? Just curious.

Zeta.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Ogli'gle Wakan. Your Guardian Angel, no question.

Mitakuye Oyasin
misstee4 (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I was thinking the same as Fergie, that in a state of panic maybe it was someone who was there and they just looked like a black figure to you... But then if that were the case no one would have been wondering who pulled you out, someone would have said they did it.
Yoyobro (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Maybe it was your guardian angel it probably gave you a premonitoin 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Hi peripeteia, I too had a near drowning experience when I was 4.
We were on board ship, on our way to England. The pool was sunk into the deck, with a canvas lining. I grew bored with playing at the shallow end, and asked one of the older girls to take me to the 'deep end'. After finding it just as boring at the other end, I decided to walk back to the ladder at the shallow end. My Daddy was right next to the pool, deep in conversation with another man.
As I got to the middle of the pool, the ship rolled, I went under! I know that a man jumped in, and saved me... But I 'blacked out'.
Could this have been the same in your case? No disrespect intended. 😕
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I think both Lilady4 and Sarah84 both have some good points and that you had gotten very lucky at that time, you should be kind of thankful and feeling blessed for that I suppose,
-Best wishes your way~
~PsychoNinjaLette23~ 😊 😁 ❤
sarah84 (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
i have a strong feeling that whatever saved you was your Guardian Angel and like Lilady4 pointed out, if it hadn't have been there to save you, you wouldn't be here today. You should be so greatful.
Blessed be 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
What a very interesting story here, peripetetia. I believe a Spirit was in fact trying to save you and look out for you on that day. Thank your lucky stars that this Spirit did help you as you wouldn't be here today, or at least, you could've suffered brain damage as a result. Someone was looking out for you on that day, I have a feeling that it was your Spirit Guide or Guardian Angel.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: