You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hotel's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Hotel's Ghost

 

I work as a night shift receptionist in a hotel. I used to hear stories from the staff about a ghost of an old man with black coat and a hat who appears sometimes. That was when I was not working at night (working shifts day and evening). I used to make fun of it and tell my colleagues that I don't believe them, until I started working at night. The first thing that puzzled me was the elevator! It had a very strange movements from one floor to another! It was like a child was in there messing up with it. I started to ask my colleagues about it but never got a convincing answer!?

The second thing was a very strange odor or scent which used to appear in a specific time (03:00- 04:00) each night! It is very strange scent which can't be described, but when I started reading about ghosts and scents, I realized that I can tell that it's like rotten food or flesh! The other thing was the running water from cranes which happens suddenly! Also the strange feeling of being watched sometimes with cold breeze very close to me. Not to mention that day when I entered the kitchen to see the two cutting boards standing on the kitchen's counter when they were not there earlier! I was really stunned! I stood in the kitchen looking toward them with open mouth!

And still I didn't want to admit it to myself and believe some spirit was there, until that day! I was, as every night, alone in the reception when I took a picture of myself. When I finished, I was eager to see how I looked like in it, and when I looked at it I was amazed! I saw a shadow of a man with an old costume (long jacket which covers the most part of the leg), standing at the glass door near the bar watching me! I was so surprised that I called my son immediately and sent him the picture! I showed it to some colleagues and they never seemed to be surprised. They told me about how that spirit is considering himself the owner of the hotel and keeps an eye on everything all the time! And how he gets upset when someone doesn't do his or her work and starts throwing things on the counter (forks, spoons whatever he finds).

I'm still working at the same hotel and, of course, I'm so happy that he never treats me that way, at least not so far. I think it's worth it to be a hard worker as I am;)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dalian, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
Omg omg omg omg omg omg this is so much like the story I JUST red! (lol red) by any chance, is the name of the bar called B&B (b&b stands 4 something but I don't know what it's called)
Crestal126 (74 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
I gotta say, all of your "!" are not nesisary. I was getting frustrated seeing all of them where they didn't need to be, it's annoying!
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
This is a pretty creepy story and like other people have said can you share that photo with us?
Emm_xoxo (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Great story! Would love to see the photo as would others, please attach:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Like the others, I would love to see the pictures. I would also love to know the answers to sds's questions.
xnikkibobikkix (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Wow! Thats such a crazy experience! Like all others, would love to see the picture!
alisonclare (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
Please post the photo, I really want to see it! I love looking at those kinds of photos 😁
HolyCow (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
Please share the picture:) That is really cool! At most he doesn't have any physical contact or else he might become brutal. 😉
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
I also would like to see the picture and can you upload it? Also, I would like to ask you, other than your colleagues, whether any of the hotel's customers had any experience of sighting this particular ghost? Did you enquire anything about the history of the hotel, who was owning it and other aspects because you said that it behaves like the owner of the hotel. That could throw some light on it. Thanks for sharing the experience and keep posting us any developments.

Regards,

SDS
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I guess we all want to see that picture, if possible. In the mean time, I'd be a good employee if I were you! 😊
RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Haha. No pressure or anything. 😆
But yeh, seeing the pic would be nice xxx
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Hi Dalian:

Having worked night shift in various places, including a motel many years ago... I know how creepy places like this can be particularly when you are working alone. You, in my opinion, definitely have witnessed a haunting. Tell us some more about the motel. Is it an old building? What are the other rumors about this man in the black coat? Oh and I also want to see the picture...please?

Thanks, zeta.
lightingspeed (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Dalian,
Would you be able to share that picture with us. We would really like that picture. Please share it with us

Thanks for sharing
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Me,too! Oh please share it with us... 😊
Sorry for being childish...haha! 😆
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Yes, please, Dalian - I would also love to see that picture!

Also, would you be able to share with us what hotel this is?

Intriguing story, thank you for sharing 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Dalian,

Is there any chance you could share that picture with us? If you still have it you can 'block out' your face if you wish and share it with us. I would really enjoy seeing it.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: