You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Experiences In The Complex

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences In The Complex

 

Since that day I finally told you all my story, more and more things have been happening. It somewhat involves the shadow that my dad had seen, and a few other things which are completely unrelated to that topic! I don't know if it's just me imagining things, or if I might have some sort of sixth sense or whatever you like to call it. I don't know much paranormal terms, seeing as though I've never studied, but that's just how it is.

Lately, I've been seeing... Shadows, I suppose you could call them. Just last week, I was sitting here in my living room (home alone) on my laptop and when I looked at the screen of my television, that shadow passed behind me in it's reflection. I didn't really get a good look at it, but there was no wind, and nothing that big and human-like could've been so light as to pass right behind me with no sound at all. I didn't tell my mother, since she doesn't believe in the paranormal like I do (and plus, she'd kill me if I did anything similar to seances so please leave that out when giving me advice). I've been a little worried since then. I started hearing voices not too long after that too. People talking, a kid laughing. Every time it happens I run outside to see if anyone's around the sidewalks and the gate; there never is.

Today, I turned on the light to my bathroom, and it switched off on it's own. I'm a little scared, mostly because I'm home alone all the time. I don't think this townhouse has any history because the whole complex is new. My friends tell me that it's probably something attatched to me or my family. Any advice/tips?

Other hauntings by LeEarlPearl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LeEarlPearl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
LeEarlPearl,

Based on the fact that your Aunty is pregnant then the chances are pretty good that a Grandparent or Great Grandparent has come around to help 'watch' over the baby.

Ask your Dad if any Grandparents from either side of the Family had a personality that 'fits' with the 'pranks/jokes' that are being played. The spirit will be doing these as a means of VALIDATION of who it is and it's presence.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
LeEarlPearl (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Rook,
I'd wanted to see the paranormal for a long time now, but now that it happened when I can actually remember it, it's kind of freaking me out XD I love the paranormal and all, but I guess I didn't know what it was I was trying to get myself into. My aunt, is in fact pregnant! It'll only be a few more months before the baby is born. I haven't been under any stress lately, though.

Javelina,
Actually, I can't be too sure. It is similar to the other entity, not just in form. Some of the 'pranks' (I like to call it that) it played on my father was done to me, but then again, some spirits can be alike in some way, I suppose? You must've been honored when seeing your daughters guardian angel!

-Earl
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
LeEarlPearl,

Yes there are things such as guardian spirits/angels. However they do not tend to 'manifest' unless needed.

So, what's going on in your life at the moment... Experiencing a lot of stress? The shadow may be a manifestation of that stress. It's also possible you reached a point in your development (Puberty) that your body is releasing energies that may be causing these things, though with you being 17/18 years old it's less likely 'Poltergeist due to Puberty and more likely that your 'sixth sense' may be 'opening'.

After going back and reading your first experience again, I have to ask a very personal question, Is there a chance that either you or your Mom (Aunty) is pregnant? Dad saw shadows when you were but a newborn... Perhaps a relative from the other side is just ensuring everything is ok before the child is born.

Just a couple of my thoughts as to what you may be experiencing... That is if it's not a case of...'wanting it so bad your seeing paranormal' in everything.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
LeEarlPearl,
What seems like a long time to us, the living, may be a blink of time for them. Once we are no longer held in place by the flesh and bone we inhabit now, I would hope that also implies that we are free to roam. No skin and bone to weigh us down. No clocks to watch, and nothing holding us back from traveling the skies.
You never know until you get there.
I do believe we have Guardian Angels. I saw my daughters Guardian Angel once. So I have no problem thinking in that direction. It's something you have to decide or see for yourself.
Let me ask you this:
What is it about the activity you have been experiencing lately that has brought you to conclude that this is the same entity from your childhood? Other than it being a dark figure, are their any outstanding features or mannerisms that can identify this entity and the entity that was there in your infancy as being one in the same?

Jav
LeEarlPearl (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Thank you both for the advice. I'm not living with my dad, and this 'mother' I'm talking about is actually my aunty who adopted me a few years ago. I'm considering both of your POV's of this situation. My father hasn't seen that shadow since we moved out when I was a baby... He's told me that. But I don't understand still... This thing disappears for 16 1/2 years and then it turns up again for me. There's no such thing as guardian angels is there? One of my friends pondered the thought, though I thought it was nonsense. 😜
crystalbell1 (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
The complex might be new BUT, there might be some history about the property. And I agree with Javelina keep us posted:3
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
LeEarlPearl,
Have you spoken with your dad about any of this new activity? Since he has had experiences with this dark figure from when you were a baby, he may have some ideas about it's origin. Just curious, did your father ever see the figure again, as he had when they were face to face that first time? It does sound as if it is with you and perhaps your family as well. Is there any chance it might be an ancestor/deceased relative? Maybe one that passed on after never having children of his own?
There is a theory that the reason we see some spirits as shadowy figures is because they may not have the energy it requires to fully manifest themselves into a more recognizable form, and we may be seeing an unfinished ghost/spirit. Discussing this with your dad might uncover more clues.
Please keep us posted on any changes or increase in activity. I find this all very interesting.

And thank you for sharing.

Jav 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: